What is your favourite Genre?

• Total voters
Search This thread

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
watched
Archive - very enjoyable underrated low budget movie. Its like a bit of Chapie,Moon, exMachina, Oblivion and Transendance in one movie with excellent design and some good plot twists. The ending is a bit abrupt but still thoroughly enjoyable. Very underrated. good cinematography. Dialogue is OK too. 7.5/10

Volition - anothet underrated low budget movie. Really enjoyed watching since nothing much on lately. A bit like edge of tomorrow and the butterfly effect , but on a smaller scale. 7/10

currently watching

Season 1 Star Wars The Madalorian. Episode 1 is very good. 7.5/10 so far...will keep watching but I highly recommend it so far...

Last edited:

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
Operation Avalanche - Great low budget movie about "conspiracy" moon landing, made doco style . It's abit like that doco style spoof French movie that claims Kubrick helped fake Moon landing . 7.5/10

LuisP2020

Aug 16, 2020
I sort of in the English version of the Airplane/Police Squad style from the early 80's. Action movies like the best movies in youtube

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
Raised by wolves: just started watching. Ridley scott makes brilliant tv series that will remind you of Prometheus and Covenantt movie.
9/10 so far.

Lovecraft Country : JJ Abrams. very good. Has some reminder of scenes from the original Predators movie. Set in the time of apartheid in US. One scene reminded me of Evil Dead. Very entertaining. 8/10

Also watching
The Boys Season 2: So far very good. Definitely worth watching. Bad Superheros and good Villians. 8/10

Coma - Russian movie. Good CGI and great concept but the dialogue was a bit boring for me.

Tesla - if you ignore the karaoke scene it is good, if you like Ethan Hawke. 6.5/10 worth watching if nothing else is on.

The big ugly - Ron Perleman and Vinnie jones in an OK gangster movie . worth watch if nothing else on. 6.5/10

Tax Collector- I liked the movie. But the ending was a bit empty. 7/10 .Always liked Shia Lebeouf

Sputnik - fell asleep watching so dont bother. 3/10

Old Guard - big actors like Charlize Theron in a movie that could have been great but wasn't great. Dialogue wasn't great. 5/10

the bay of silence : mamy plot twists strange thriller. worth watching . Brian Cox is always good. 6.5/10

Money Plane - worst movie this year. just dont bother. 1/10

Last edited:

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
its been quiet here. Hope everyone is ok in this pandemic.
Been busy catching up with movies here some feedback;

Hubie Halloween : Adam Sandler. Low budget trash for me. 3/10

The Bay of Silence: a plot twist within a plot twist. worth watching with Olga Kurylenko and Brian cox 7/10

The Old guard: Charlize theron in a bad movie 5/10

Sputnik- low budget horror dont waste your time. 2/10

Tax Collector: better than expected from Shia Leboeuf 7/10
The Big Ugly: Ron Perlman and Vinnie jones and Malcom McDowell. Need I say more. 7/10

Money Plane: could be great but was badly made heist movie 5/10

The Fugitive: Kiefer Sutherland. I fell asleep watching this it was so predictable. 4/10.

Project Power: Jamie fox in an average movie 6/10

Mulan: so bad. Not even close to the real Mulan story. 3/10 but great effects.

Intersect: low budget trash time dimension travel 2/10

The Legend of Tomiris: Ghengis Khan? 6/10

Terminator Dark fate : 4/10

unhinged : russell crowe in an average movie I can't even remember what it was about so not memorable 5/10

Proximity: low budget waste of time 3/10

Last moment of Clarity: pass it .2/10

Waiting for the Barbarians: great underrated movie Johnny Depp 7/10

Human Capital; a good plot twist scam movie 7/10

Green Rush : 1/10

Rogue: love megan fox but this is 5/10

Wild Wild country: about orange people cult 9/10

The Vow: about NXIVM cult doco 9/10

Lovecraft Country; in beginning was great but it just got too silly by episode 7 so i gave up on the later episodes. 5/10

also The Boys Season 2 is great 8/10.

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Revisited this edge of your seat classic:
Cat People
Release date: April 2, 1982 (USA)
Director: Paul Schrader
Featured song: Cat People (Putting Out Fire)
Screenplay: Paul Schrader, Alan Ormsby
Music composed by: Giorgio Moroder, David Bowie

neptunegames

Nov 24, 2020
- 10/10: Perfection - I would give this rating to "Knives Out", its a comedy but a brilliant one, very complex, someone dies and you need to find the killer but pretty much everyone in the victims family are suspects so yeah.

CharlieWex

Nov 12, 2020
California
uTDEUyf.png

The Movie Club rating system: (Thanks to LordManhattan)

- 10/10: Perfection
- 9/10: Top quality
- 8/10: High quality
- 7/10: Highly watchable
- 6/10: Watchable, but could've been better
- 5/10: Wasted time
- 4/10: Very bad
- 3/10: Re-evaluate your life
- 2/10: Burn the disc and never mention it again
- 1/10: Shoot the director and happily serve the time

Movie Resources:

- IMDb
- Rotten Tomatoes
- A.V Club
- Empire
- Filmspotting
- Film Junk

NO SPOILERS!

Please use
tags if you want to post Spoilers, which includes telling people that a movie has a plot twist at the end!

My favourite movie is Fight Club. I love the Marla Singer quotes. Unparalleled heroine of the film. Marla Singer was a strong-willed woman who came across as being a complete nutcase. Marla was named after a school bully who Chuck Palahniuk knew in grade school.In the movie, she was played by Actress Helena Bonham Carter. She used to steal food from delivery vans and clothing from laundromats to survive. She once attempted suicide by swallowing a bottle of Xanax. After watching this film, I started writing out quotes from interesting characters. Thanks to this website, https://quoters.info/character/marla-singer , this has become much easier. It's a very unusual hobby, because once I started doing it, I started watching movies more carefully.

Last edited:

simonbigwave

Nov 25, 2013
Rahasia
Wonder woman 84: total waste of time ribbish. Nonsensical story. Boring. Some scenes completely pointless and boring makes you wish when will this be over. ilogical and the story is just ridiculous. Not funny. Just bad acting also. Complete waste of time. bad cgi and bad effects. dont believe the fake 10/10 imdb reviews. I give it a 1/10. Worst movie last 5 years easily. Even Green Lantern was better.

Last edited:

isaquebylde

Jan 18, 2021
uTDEUyf.png

Movie Resources:

- IMDb
- Rotten Tomatoes
- A.V Club
- Empire
- Filmspotting
- Film Junk

NO SPOILERS!

Please use
tags if you want to post Spoilers, which includes telling people that a movie has a plot twist at the end!

Te last good movie I watched was "Midnight runners". It's a pretty good movie but its Korean.
Movie is a 8/10. Comedy/Drama/Action

pumpkin00

Jan 29, 2021
I am generally a very sensitive person, so if I watch a drama with some sad story, there is a high probability that I may cry. And especially if the story of the film is about animals. This is generally my weakness. I recently watched the movie "Marley and I" and it really impressed me. I was so imbued with this film. The actors played their roles so vitally that it seemed to me as if everything was happening for real, as if everything was happening to me. The film shows love, true love, man's love for man, man's love for an animal - a strong, friendly seed. Of course, the film is predictable and the ending seemed clear to me at first, but how hard it is to lose a faithful friend, emotions flooded over me in full swing and at the end of the film I cried for a long time.

pumpkin00

Jan 29, 2021
My favorite movie is Love Actually (2003). I recently watched it again. The script had already been forgotten over time, but when I reviewed it, I remembered almost everything. The film is very enjoyable. It tells us that love does not depend on status, on age, maybe to the same sex, maybe not reciprocal, maybe "for work", maybe in different languages. But it is all-consuming, creative, and without it there is no meaning in life. I would like to mention the role of Hugh Grant, I remember her the most in this film. And also pity Harry's husband, who was deceived. But ... life is life, and everything is shown in the film, so diverse, really occurs in reality, often evoking emotions "cannot be".

Reactions: roofrider

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uTDEUyf.png

Movie Resources:

- IMDb
    - Rotten Tomatoes
    - A.V Club
    - Empire
    - Filmspotting
    - Film Junk

NO SPOILERS!

Please use
    Here's me eating a scuba diver :D

a6bf8975-08cf-9a8d.jpg

Sent from my coffee pot.
    Some of you may have heard of the IMDb Top 250 Challenge, whereby you watch every movie on the list within a year. I've decided to do something similar, as a way to ensure that i am amply entertained over the coming months. I'm pretty certain i've seen most of what is on the list at present, but it'll be fun to watch the movies that i haven't, but should have seen. So that's what i am going to do!

To make it easier i've Excel'ed the list and printed a copy to make it easy ticking off the movies as i go. First i have to go through the list and mark off the ones i've already seen, and find out how many there are yet to see.

I've attached the list in case anybody else wants to make use of it.

Edit: Been having a play at the IMDb quiz's found on the Top 250 Page. They're pretty good fun!

So is drug resistant Tuberculosis but i'm in no hurry to catch it!