Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][Root][OFFICIAL] AdAway v4.3.2 :: [2019-12-29]

603 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,256

Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2013, 02:56 AM |#701  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
anyone know why i still get ads when im on mobile data but when i switch to wifi there gone on the same sites, i did just switch phone providers. Wasnt like tihs before
28th September 2013, 04:50 AM |#702  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 506

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevotwo

anyone know why i still get ads when im on mobile data but when i switch to wifi there gone on the same sites, i did just switch phone providers. Wasnt like tihs before

Clear/clean cache from apps that have ads. Then restart phone and check for updates for hosts, and restart again if updates are found. When that happened to me before that's how I fixed it. And to clear/clean the cache use something like Clean Master from the Play Store.
28th September 2013, 04:58 AM |#703  
Thanks Meter: 1,335

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix

Clear/clean cache from apps that have ads. Then restart phone and check for updates for hosts, and restart again if updates are found. When that happened to me before that's how I fixed it. And to clear/clean the cache use something like Clean Master from the Play Store.

Just FYI, the latest version of Clean Master pretty much greenified all my system apps when I accidentally pressed the boost button. Had to restore to undo the damage. Recommend App Cache Cleaner instead.
28th September 2013, 05:45 AM |#704  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
its not the cache cause have wifi off and have ads, turn wifi on reload and there gone, then go back to mobile data and there back
29th September 2013, 07:50 AM |#705  
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevotwo

its not the cache cause have wifi off and have ads, turn wifi on reload and there gone, then go back to mobile data and there back

It's probably because of your APN settings. If you're using a proxy in your APN settings try deleting it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ~kyle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ~kyle Ad-Free
29th September 2013, 02:41 PM |#706  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM3

I downloaded adaway 2.7 but for some reason it is not blocking the ads in youtube. On my computer in google chrome i have adblocker and it blocks ads at the beginning of the videos but on my android phone that's not the case. Can anybody tell me if there is anyway to block those ads before a youtube video?

Same exact problem here. Running CM 10.2 nightly on i9505 with AdAway 2.7, YouTube app still showing ads. Have tried cleaning the cache using both Settings and Cleaner Master, and rebooting the phone. Same problem.

Anyone?
29th September 2013, 03:12 PM |#707  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
installed today. now I've a boot loop after enabling.

any suggestions? wiped cache and dalvik and reinstalling the rom. no joy.
29th September 2013, 05:26 PM |#708  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
@hewlett777, incompatibility with your ROM maybe?

Send from my Nexus 4
29th September 2013, 10:38 PM |#709  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Really great app!! Thanks guys!
30th September 2013, 01:07 AM |#710  
Flag Canberra
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kyle

It's probably because of your APN settings. If you're using a proxy in your APN settings try deleting it.

This does actually work - I'm on Telstra in Australia and using the Telstra.iph with no proxy apn + adaway blocks the ads whereas the Telstra.wap or telstra.internet with proxy apn + adaway does not. Adaway works FANTASTICALLY as always on my WiFi with TPG.

Galaxy Note 8.0 Xposed Build JDQ39.N5120XXCMG7 / Baseband N5120XXBMD9 / Kernel CivZ-SpherEngine-Rev on Telstra LTE
1st October 2013, 12:07 AM |#711  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
does it block ads on both wifi and mobile data??? my previous ad blocker blocks ads on only wifi
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)