By jovy23, Senior Member on 12th October 2013, 07:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st February 2014, 05:10 PM |#501  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,051

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainemac

Seems my auto brightness isn't working with this kernel. It doesn't dim the screen in darker environments. Anyone else?

Mine works just fine

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to barondebxl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift barondebxl Ad-Free

1st February 2014, 05:38 PM |#502  
Vegas
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral2145

I use lux auto brightness... Way better than stock

Just discovered this app as well. Amazing.
The Following User Says Thank You to lainemac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lainemac Ad-Free
1st February 2014, 06:25 PM |#503  
Flag Freehold
Thanks Meter: 219

More
OK so first I want to thank the Dev for all the hard work and the kernel. That being said, why would anyone need all those governors and schedulers? I'm not trying to be disrespectful or flame but it just doesn't make any sense to me to have governors and schedulers that are more suited for different kind of devices vs having a few that are tuned properly. It just seems erroneous and can easily confused the layman that doesn't understand what they do differently. Some of the best kernels available on nexus devices have literally 2 governors and maybe 3 I/O schedulers because they focus more on tuning what they do have vs throwing a million different ones on there and calling it a feature. Again I really appreciate the devs work on this and maybe someone can shed some light on this for me. I just don't get it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Devilman539 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Devilman539 Ad-Free
1st February 2014, 06:41 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 190

More
This by far has been the best kernel for MY device (for some reason results vary for different people), it just plays well with it and the battery life is phenomenal... Thanks again dev, I just finished my first cycle and was very impressed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Melodic13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Melodic13 Ad-Free
2nd February 2014, 02:40 AM |#505  
Flag Metro Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilman539

OK so first I want to thank the Dev for all the hard work and the kernel. That being said, why would anyone need all those governors and schedulers? I'm not trying to be disrespectful or flame but it just doesn't make any sense to me to have governors and schedulers that are more suited for different kind of devices vs having a few that are tuned properly. It just seems erroneous and can easily confused the layman that doesn't understand what they do differently. Some of the best kernels available on nexus devices have literally 2 governors and maybe 3 I/O schedulers because they focus more on tuning what they do have vs throwing a million different ones on there and calling it a feature. Again I really appreciate the devs work on this and maybe someone can shed some light on this for me. I just don't get it.

This philosophy is over at the leankernel thread. Which literally encompasses everything you just said. I actually like all these different options to try out and see what are about. That's why I like Android because you have choices. If you don't want this there's that, if you don't want that there's this. Sometimes it's good to have options.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGrandFinale2001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheGrandFinale2001 Ad-Free
2nd February 2014, 05:33 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 332

More
Quote:

J just use what you need... I love the selection... Just waiting on a description of what everything does... I'll take more than less...

2nd February 2014, 05:37 AM |#507  
Vegas
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Thumbs up
Pretty sure I'm getting the best battery life ever with this beast. Props, dev!
The Following User Says Thank You to lainemac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lainemac Ad-Free
2nd February 2014, 06:39 AM |#508  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15,532

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Based on anything i bring out, what i like to give users is different choices. With the added governors or schedulers i am giving users the choice to pick or choose what they want.

I understand that some of the best kernels available on nexus devices have less than 3 governors or i/o schedulers, but that has to do with those kernel developers on what they add or dont add to their work.

Any of my work that i bring out is based what users want and what users like and that is a variety of choices to pick or choose which i also like myself and I don't like setting a limit on stuff that i contribute.

Compulsion kernel has great stability, battery life, smoothness, and just basically about everything especially with all of the choices that i have added so users can choose and try on their own.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jovy23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jovy23 Ad-Free
2nd February 2014, 06:40 AM |#509  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodic13

This by far has been the best kernel for MY device (for some reason results vary for different people), it just plays well with it and the battery life is phenomenal... Thanks again dev, I just finished my first cycle and was very impressed.

Glad you are enjoying it.

The Following User Says Thank You to jovy23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jovy23 Ad-Free
2nd February 2014, 06:46 AM |#510  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainemac

Pretty sure I'm getting the best battery life ever with this beast. Props, dev!

Thanks and enjoy!

2nd February 2014, 06:50 AM |#511  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craniotomy

Thanks jovy, i uninstalled faux, only trickster is running, pour it on max clock, in the info about the cores it's showing 2649, i turned on frequency lock, but it's only going up to 2496, it won't go to max clock, but that's better than sticking at 2265. Lol. I'm on pegasus and noop, intelliplug on, dram on. Thanks all that I've set in trickster. Thanks again!