Missing WEBTOP

Search This thread

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I've seen you show us this screen shot before I presume it's just a prompt for running a favorite app. What comes up after? I wonder if the screen resolution is defaulting to some kind of safe mode due to using a device with a different resolution than a bionic. Just a thought.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

mtvdeo

Jul 12, 2010
Montevideo
The thing is, we lost HDMI settings since the JB updat. Before that, on ICS, we had great resolution when plugged into a lapdock, and you could even adjust the size of the screen shown (overscan settings it was called). On JB, these settings are gone, the resolution is bad, and the whole experience is just terrible, even rebooting randomly.

What we need is:

1) Get HDMI proper settings back
2) Port the current webtop app from Razr/Bionic to our phones

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Can any of you guys comment on how the Lapdock Pro 500 (or 100) works with the 4.2/4.3 roms? I'm considering getting one, but I am curious how they work (or don't work) now. I've read that stock JB has display issues, but I haven't seen any comments about the Docks with non stock JB roms. Thanks
@Ronbo85
lol'd when I saw your name -- my Dad has been called Ronbo for as long as I can remember :cowboy:

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Can any of you guys comment on how the Lapdock Pro 500 (or 100) works with the 4.2/4.3 roms? I'm considering getting one, but I am curious how they work (or don't work) now. I've read that stock JB has display issues, but I haven't seen any comments about the Docks with non stock JB roms. Thanks

@Ronbo85
lol'd when I saw your name -- my Dad has been called Ronbo for as long as I can remember :cowboy:

I hear the 100/500 work well but since I don't even have my lapdock which will be the bionic version I can't say. I have been participating in the thread as I shopped for a lapdock and was trying to learn what I could. If you havent yet check this thread out http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2002914&highlight=lapdock

Some co-workers and friends started calling me ronbo and it kind of stuck lol. Seems like it was from the Reagan days.

Reactions: skeevydude

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I hear the 100/500 work well but since I don't even have my lapdock which will be the bionic version I can't say. I have been participating in the thread as I shopped for a lapdock and was trying to learn what I could. If you havent yet check this thread out http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2002914&highlight=lapdock

Some co-workers and friends started calling me ronbo and it kind of stuck lol. Seems like it was from the Reagan days.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking from all I've read. I guess I'll just get it and hope for the best.

Dad got the name Ronbo out camping with some friends back in 89\90 -- came waking out of the woods with a bandanna on his head and the Rambo knife held up. Someone made a Rambo joke and seconds later another said "F Rambo, that's Ronbo". Name's suck with him since.

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I have a brand new atrix lapdock that I modified. I also have the Motorola brand leather portfolio case. I have been very hesitant to get rid of it in hopes we get this bounty going. But with school starting again I'm afraid I might be less hesitant to buy a ld 100 or 500 if it's a great deal and list my atrix ld on ebay. Either way the whole situation is frustrating. I may just sell my phone and get the droid maxx or galaxy note 3 after they've been out for at least a month and I've been able to play with them thoroughly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Hey jfriend33 how does your razr hd sit in the cradle of the atrix lapdock? I notice my HD doesn't sit quite right since the lapdock is for the bionic and the hd creeps up and loses connection.

Attachments

• IMG_20130901_135404_276.jpg
    IMG_20130901_135404_276.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20130901_135413_945.jpg
    IMG_20130901_135413_945.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 188

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
I'll have to post pics when I get back from a trip for a funeral.

I had to remove a plate that sits in the dock and that makes the connections more snug.

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
I think my signature is self explanatory. Now if the bounty comes to life I'd go back in a heartbeat. There's just not enough interest in this stuff.

Dude, you need to sell that bionic lapdock and get a 100. I'm giving my atrix one to my roomie for her razr maxx.

$600 for the new note 3 and watch. WTF. I am gonna see how this droid maxx works for the 2 weeks. If I love it im keeping it. If not may consider note 3 without watch. Or back to razr maxx hd.

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

mtvdeo

Jul 12, 2010
Montevideo
just got back to ICS after using 4.3 anf 4.2.2 roms.

I still score 15700+ on Antutu and the phone has little lag.

And I can fully use HDMI and lapdock 100.

mtvdeo

Jul 12, 2010
Montevideo
I flashed the 0.6.25 one.
Phone works great, and it even scores 15700 on Antutu, which is even more than in 4.3 roms!

I installed the following: Pimp my rom, where I activated some tweaks to save battery and improve performance, Greenify, to make the phone smoother and save battery, Xposed framework to additionally tweak status bar, Metamorph, in which I installed a JB theme for the navigation bar, and Screen Standby, which turns the screen on/off when it detects an HDMI connection.

On top of that, I installed Google Now and a 5x4 motoblur launcher from the Atrix HD's thread. Now the dock shows the icons only and the search bar is gone, allowing another row of space to install widgets.

And I must say, the phone is working amazingly, lapdock works on full resolution, and I am no longer interested in a fully working webtop/lapdock. My phone already has it.

You guys should downgrade (it's more an upgrade than a downgrade if you want lapdock lol) to ICS and try to tweak it. I'm in love with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would pay for a working webtop app. I would actually keep this phone instead of the Droid Ultra.
    WEB Top

I would pay for a working webtop app. I would actually keep this phone instead of the Droid Ultra.

So this makes 2 that would pay, is there any others interested?
    Not sure what good it'll do but id pay for anything that made my lapdock usable.
    I'm interested if this goes anywhere. I don't have the lapdock yet but shopping for one now since I have become frustrated with tablets. I just switched to a razr hd & I am looking @ the 100 & 500 but a modded atrix looks appealing. I am just trying to learn what i can before taking the plunge.

I found this thread from here... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2002914&highlight=lapdock

Nice. Yeah I tried the atrix lapdock and did the mod where you flip the micro USB and hdmi. It works just fine (speakers, keyboard, track pad, everything) but the screen has black bars above and below that are like letterboxes. Even with the script manager you linked to still a no go.

The aforementioned screen issues do not happen with the lapdock 100 or 500. It goes full screen just fine. It basically just enlarges the display and makes it look like a tablet layout. I've seen lapdock 500s sell as low as $70 on ebay and the 100s go for as low as $40 shipped.

Why do we need webtop then you ask? If we got it ported, we would have more options for hdmi output, and it would have a dedicated layout for when it's docked. Also the black bars would no longer be an issue for those who have atrix or bionic lapdocks. Plus there's Firefox with flash, etc.

I have a brand new atrix lapdock that I modified. I also have the Motorola brand leather portfolio case. I have been very hesitant to get rid of it in hopes we get this bounty going. But with school starting again I'm afraid I might be less hesitant to buy a ld 100 or 500 if it's a great deal and list my atrix ld on ebay. Either way the whole situation is frustrating. I may just sell my phone and get the droid maxx or galaxy note 3 after they've been out for at least a month and I've been able to play with them thoroughly.

How much do you pledge Ronbo85? Hopefully we can get more folks interested. Spread the word!

@Ronbo85