[Q] Maclaw ROM 16 03 2014 4.4.2 KIT problems RANDOM REBOOTS

Search This thread

certum

Oct 19, 2010
Hi, i have S3 Mini, and i have installed maclaw's rom 4.4.2 CM11, and now Carbon, all recent updates... I have the problem of random reboots when im charging or when i have a poor signal or less battery... When i'm ussing a lot of CPU, this automatly reboot.. How can i fix it? I tried to flash RIL and MODEM of STOCK rom and the reboots are less now, but, this keep going on... Some answer?

PS.: After reboot, my battery lvl was 27% and now 82% for example... When the battery shows 100% i need to restart 10 or 12 for fully charging 100%.... I think the signal is the major problem and de CPU... I'm using PEGASUS(before INTERACTIVE)

GXGOW

Apr 4, 2012
East Flanders Best Flanders
You can't do anything about the random reboots since it is a CyanogenMod bug. Did you do a clean install or a dirty flash?

Sent from Tapatalk on my GT-I8190 running MaclawStudio's Carbon 4.4.2

certum

Oct 19, 2010
You can't do anything about the random reboots since it is a CyanogenMod bug. Did you do a clean install or a dirty flash?

Yes, wipping ALL... For the first time, after full charge, when i wipe dalvik cache the problem was fixed, the next charge the problem persist... Now, i'm charging phone, if i dont have DATA mobile ON, or wifi ON, the phone's doesn't reboot automatly... When i switch on, the phones reboot.... I think the problem is the signal or the high cpu utilization...

GXGOW

Apr 4, 2012
Yes, wipping ALL... For the first time, after full charge, when i wipe dalvik cache the problem was fixed, the next charge the problem persist... Now, i'm charging phone, if i dont have DATA mobile ON, or wifi ON, the phone's doesn't reboot automatly... When i switch on, the phones reboot.... I think the problem is the signal or the high cpu utilization...

I'm running the same ROM and I don't have any of those problems (except for a few random reboots). Did any of those problems exist on stock?

LMH1998

Mar 19, 2013
Eeklo
i have the same problems :( I get random reboots quite often and when I receive a message on whatsapp, it reboots aswell :(

GXGOW

Apr 4, 2012
Actually, i updated the rom to new release 16 03 2014, "Updating Android", and the ROM has random reboots.... I'm very tired of this hahaha
i have the same problems :( I get random reboots quite often and when I receive a message on whatsapp, it reboots aswell :(

Those random reboots known are CM 11 bugs. Maybe you should report them to Maclaw. Maybe he can fix it, or else you'll have to wait for the CM team to fix it.
Remember, CM 11 is still under heavy development, so bugs are still present.

certum

Oct 19, 2010
Those random reboots known are CM 11 bugs. Maybe you should report them to Maclaw. Maybe he can fix it, or else you'll have to wait for the CM team to fix it.
Remember, CM 11 is still under heavy development, so bugs are still present.

I'm very decided thats the problem is volting or CPU freq... If you doesn't have activated the internet/red signal, and you run a stability test, the phone crushs too... So, i download SetCPU and Voltage Control and i can't see the voltages of freqs!! How can i see that? You know?

I tried to disable xposed frameworks, this incresed the cycle of reboots, more stability, but this is because the CPU doesn't work at max voltage... So, the next question is:

How can i change the voltage frequencies???

GXGOW

Apr 4, 2012
I'm very decided thats the problem is volting or CPU freq... If you doesn't have activated the internet/red signal, and you run a stability test, the phone crushs too... So, i download SetCPU and Voltage Control and i can't see the voltages of freqs!! How can i see that? You know?

I tried to disable xposed frameworks, this incresed the cycle of reboots, more stability, but this is because the CPU doesn't work at max voltage... So, the next question is:

How can i change the voltage frequencies???

The kernel is not capable of that. If your CPU can't run on maximum voltage, it means it is a hardware problem, so you'll have to return it to the store where you bought it.

certum

Oct 19, 2010
The kernel is not capable of that. If your CPU can't run on maximum voltage, it means it is a hardware problem, so you'll have to return it to the store where you bought it.

I don't say that, i say the problem is in the kernel, the kernel have issues with GPU at max freq or max voltage... My phone have 6 months, and the stock ROMS works fine at 1Ghz and max. voltage... I dont concider the phones have hardware problem... Today i'll be tried to put stock kernel and test that..

GXGOW

Apr 4, 2012
I don't say that, i say the problem is in the kernel, the kernel have issues with GPU at max freq or max voltage... My phone have 6 months, and the stock ROMS works fine at 1Ghz and max. voltage... I dont concider the phones have hardware problem... Today i'll be tried to put stock kernel and test that..

Installing the stock kernel over this ROM is a bad idea, since the stock kernel is made for 4.1.2 and you're running a 4.4.2 ROM. You better return to the whole stock ROM.

abmantis

Sep 14, 2007
Any update on this? I'm having the same issue (reboots, batery goes from 90% to 20%...) with Maclaw's CM11.

Top Liked Posts