[ROM][ODIN] [3-17-11] EC10 Mesmerize Odin Stock update

Search This thread

Omnibot

Odin flash goes fine for Mesmerize EC10 with Custom Recovery, when i go back into recovery, apply update.zip, and then try to load Mesmerize EC10 Combo ROM v0.2 w/Voodoo kernel from the sdcard it starts but after Copying files i get -

"E:Failure at line 4:"
"copy_dir PACKAGE:sysem SYSTEM:"
"Installation aborted."

I flashed back to EA11, and then redid the odin flash, comes up as EC10, but when i reboot and do all of the above I get the same result.

As a side note, after applying update.zip if I reboot to recovery it goes back to blue and I have to apply update.zip again to get back to red recovery (if that tidbit helps).

Any ideas on what i'm screwing up here? :D

chidesd

Nov 21, 2010
after u apply the update.zip flash E11 voodoo. start ur phone and then reboot to red recovery u should be able to flash the EC10 rom then. thas what I had to do the only difference is the error I was getting said line 5. Hopefully that helps.
Someone helped me with this a page or two ago

Reactions: Omnibot

ganzhimself

Nov 23, 2010
Yeah just drop it in /system/app and you should be good to go.

Awesome. That worked. I wasn't entirely sure if it would. I'm seeing some strange things with the stock messaging program, MMS isn't working and if I check MMS Provisioning I see my username is 5555551234@vzw3g.com. If I change it to 5555551234@uscc.net it works, but it will eventually switch back to @vzw3g.com. Anyway to get this to stay @uscc.net? I did a factory restore before and after I installed v1 of EC10, and I'm probably going to install v2 in the upcoming days. Anyone else notice this problem?

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
Awesome. That worked. I wasn't entirely sure if it would. I'm seeing some strange things with the stock messaging program, MMS isn't working and if I check MMS Provisioning I see my username is 5555551234@vzw3g.com. If I change it to 5555551234@uscc.net it works, but it will eventually switch back to @vzw3g.com. Anyway to get this to stay @uscc.net? I did a factory restore before and after I installed v1 of EC10, and I'm probably going to install v2 in the upcoming days. Anyone else notice this problem?

Even stock, all of the uscc phones do this. I've looked at a lot of them.

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
Weird. Not a big deal as I don't send or receive a lot of MMS messages so changing it to get it to work when the need arises isn't a huge problem.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

I don't see why you have to change it. That's the way it is in the stock OS. I've never had a problem with MMS on any of the builds that didn't use AOSP MMS, including this one, and I've never changed my apn settings.

Onebryteday

Feb 18, 2011
Iowa
Are we suppose to use the "atlas_v2.2.1.pit", from EC10_Mesmerize_Odin, when using ODIN to flash either EC10_Odin_CWM or EC10_Mesmerize_Odin?

Or the *.pit file with the EB16_Mesmerize_Odin?

Otherwise I'm not sure which *.pit file to use.
Thanks

Last edited:

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
Are we suppose to use the "atlas_v2.2.1.pit", from EC10_Mesmerize_Odin, when using ODIN to flash either EC10_Odin_CWM or EC10_Mesmerize_Odin?

Or the *.pit file with the EB16_Mesmerize_Odin?

Otherwise I'm not sure which *.pit file to use.
Thanks

All of the pit files are the same. It's just a map for Odin so it doesn't change.

nickrl

Sep 27, 2010
Not downloading any of my mms. how do I edit my apns? or is that even needed? Also... sll my google account stuff came back, contacts and apps, but my calender wont sync with my personal and on the other account it wont give me the calender option when i go into accounts and sync. Any ideas?

Whitesoxfan1

Mar 1, 2011
Illinois
Question?

I am leaning towards EC10 but have a few questions. I had a stock Mesmerize and went straight to EB16. Everything runs great and I usually have a Quadrant score close to 1500 every time. Here is the list I have on my phone right now.
>EB16 Froyo (Rooted w/soc)
>CWM
>EB16 PnP
>Some EB16 Add-ons
>EA11 VooDoo Kernel
>EB16 Midnight Blue Steel Theme
>EB16 Puzzle Lock
>EB16 No Clock
>Swype from PDiddyRemix Theme

My question is What do I have to do to get EC10 on my current phone. Do I have to odin back to stock all the way and start over? If I do get EC10 can I use my current ADD-ons like the Theme, No clock, Swype? My last question is would I get a higher Quadrant score with this build?
Sorry for all the questions I just want to do it right the first time.

Whitesoxfan1

chidesd

Nov 21, 2010
starting with EB16
Odin EC10 (custom recovery)
under recovery install update.zip
(optional step-I had to do this) flash E11 voodoo
If u want u can then Flash the EB10 combo recovery rom
The themes should work but im not for sure on the mods
I currently have PaulDiddy Remix running on mine

Last edited:

davidbruington

Dec 1, 2010
Glade Hill, VA
email...

so, apparently the email IS installed, it just doesnt show up in the app drawer initially.... I extracted the email.apk from EB16 rom, and copied to my SD card....
When I went to install it, it said it was already installed. What i did to launch the app was just long-pressed on the home screen, selected shortcut -- application-- and email showed up in that list... but now when I check my app drawer, the email app has magically appeared. strange.... anyway, thanks for everything Phidelt, I owe you a beer or three! ;)

Onebryteday

Feb 18, 2011
Iowa
Just used ODIN to flash EC10_Odin_CWM. Everything went on great.

In order to use any of the PnP add on's do I first flash Mesmerize_EB16_PnP_0.3.zip
with the red CWM?

Or do I just need to flash say Wallpapers.zip from the EB16_PnP_Addons?

Also for the HoneyFroyo theme, do I just flash from red CWM recovery?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

davidbruington

Dec 1, 2010
Glade Hill, VA
Just used ODIN to flash EC10_Odin_CWM. Everything went on great.

In order to use any of the PnP add on's do I first flash Mesmerize_EB16_PnP_0.3.zip
with the red CWM?

Or do I just need to flash say Wallpapers.zip from the EB16_PnP_Addons?

Also for the HoneyFroyo theme, do I just flash from red CWM recovery?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Everything that you flash, you flash in the red CWM menu, under "install zip from SD".

As far as the PnP_addons, you install the individual zip files, not the complete package (if you try to flash the whole package, you'll likely just get an error message.)

Themes, addons, mods, are all flashed (unless specified as ODIN packs) through the install zip from sd in the CWM recovery menu.

I hope that helps!

Reactions: Onebryteday

bigmike88

Feb 10, 2011
Denver
My calander won't sync either. I installed the touchwiz calc/calander from EB16 pnp addons, the calc is back but like I said the calender won't sync.

Ditto, I also reflashed the updated sgs tools and uscc apps. calender just fc's everytime I go into settings>calander. When i go into calander sync from the settings, just says sync is experiencing problems and will be back shortly. Only issue I've encountered on this build.

Easily the fastest and smoothest as mentioned in previous posts. Thanks again everyone involved

Sent from my SCH-I500

Cedricmackay

Feb 9, 2010
Stromsburg Ne
I just upgraded to ec10 from eb16. I liked the music player in eb16 with the 5.1 button. I tried the addon pack for eb16 but that didn't work any one know where I can get that?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****I'm not responsible for what you do to your phone. Love it or hate it, but whatever happens, you are an adult****

This is the EC10 update for the Mesmerize. There is no difference between this one and the official update from the USCC homepage other than I rebuilt this one to work with Odin, instead of Kies.

To use these files, flash in Odin.

#####IF YOU HAVE VOODOO ENABLED, DISABLE LAGFIX BEFORE YOU USE ODIN#####

1. Pull your phone battery
    2. Start Odin
    3. Click PIT and select the .pit file from the download
    4. Check the PDA box, Click PDA and select the .tar.md5 file from the download
    5. Plug your phone into the USB port and hold volume down
    -your phone should go into download mode
    6.Verify that Odin sees your phone.
    -if not, try another USB port
    7. Click Start

It will look similar to this. -- and when i say similar, I mean 'not exactly like'
    Stage-2-Begin.png

Mesmerize EC10 with Stock Recovery

*Removed Root/Voodoo/Custom recovery build. Obsolete with all of the new kernels and recoveries out there now anyway.

*Removed Combo ROM from this thread.
    why is the email app removed from the ROM ?
    i am a bit perplexed why someone would remove it....

if i wanted it removed dont you think that is what the PnP rom is for?

Well, when I built the ROM, I was specifically thinking of you and your wants/needs/desires. Then I took all of that out.

Really man, it's a custom ROM. It's built the way I wanted it to be built. It also has AOSP parts to it. I'm sure you're probably perplexed by that also. Why would someone add AOSP parts to a custom ROM? Isn't that what the AOSP ROM is for?

Just like when you first came here and couldn't figure out how to use the Pick-n-Pack so I built you your own custom ROM.A couple versions, as I recall. Since then I have refined the process so everything is flashable. It's built on the PnP frame. PnP doesn't have the bloatware 'email', just gmail. All of the addon packs work with the Combo ROM. You can flash anything back to it you want.

If you don't like the ROM, flash another one. Or better yet, contribute to the community by building one of your own. When I started here, I was the only Mesmerize user that built anything for the Mesmerize and then the Showcase. You were here then. Now we have a few more people helping out and contributing. You're still here, and still complaining about what is out and how we do the things we do. I'm perplexed as to why you are still around if you don't like what we do AND you don't/can't/won't contribute.
    thought he said "Neither are rooted or deodexed"

Keep reading ;)

Neither are rooted or deodexed. That's what the ROM is for.
    wow, you two just filled up the whole first page with banter lol..

;)

i think you two could probably host a TV show together.... I'd watch it..
    Ooops! I forgot to delete that post!

I got it all figured out. Kinda.

I never could understand the recovery aspect of this whole "hacking" my Mes until I finally read a thread mentioning the 3 finger method. THEN it all clicked! Blue recovery (blue text) and red recovery (red text). Yada, Yada, Yada...

As of my end results, I wanted to get a custom kernel, ROM, theme, mod, and maybe a radio (I need to learn more about those first).

What I still don't understand is how some of the custom kernels work, finding that perfect theme (I'm almost debating whether I should learn how to make a theme), and radios.

I just got my first smartphone (droid, mes, whatever you wanna call it) about a month ago and I've been trying to learn the insides and outs of my phone for probably 2 weeks now.

EDIT: This is slighly unclear to me, but can I only use TW Kernels? or can I use AOSP Kernels? The thread says I would want to use the TW Kernels.

Believe it or not, as the guy who wrote the Mesmerize Glossary (see signature), I've only had my Mes for maybe a couple months or so---and like you, this is not only my first Android device, but my first smartphone altogether. XD LOTS of reading later, here I am. XD

Shameless self-promotion aside, have a glance at the glossary; it should explain what you need. Note that AOSP kernels can only go with AOSP-based ROMs, and TouchWiz kernels can only go with TouchWiz ROMs, and ne'er the twain shall meet, as it were. So pretty much just pick the ROM you want to use, look to see whether it's TouchWiz or AOSP-based, and then get a kernel that corresponds. Some ROMs even bundle an appropriate kernel already, so make sure to read the full first post of the ROM you want.

The rest should be in the Glossary.