[ROM] [4.2.2] [ No-name CM10.1 nightlies ] [ Standard & Linaro ] [TF101 / TF101G]

Search This thread

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
I honestly have no idea about that, and not sure what I can do about it either. If you have logs (adb logcat) which shows something funky.

On a unrelated note: dlumberg says he's been having issues with the latest CM-sources and that the resulting build complains about Phone(!) crashing. I can't test todays build up front, so I can't promise I won't have the same problem in my build.

So for those very, very conservative, it might be best to avoid this build until someone confirms it working OK :)

jardan

Apr 14, 2006
I honestly have no idea about that, and not sure what I can do about it either. If you have logs (adb logcat) which shows something funky.

On a unrelated note: dlumberg says he's been having issues with the latest CM-sources and that the resulting build complains about Phone(!) crashing. I can't test todays build up front, so I can't promise I won't have the same problem in my build.

So for those very, very conservative, it might be best to avoid this build until someone confirms it working OK :)

I am sorry, I do not have the tablet anymore, I cannot help you with any logs...

davebuk

Jul 6, 2011
Bournemouth

I have noticed the last few days the tablet seems to 'Deep Sleep'. This is with the March linaro builds. I haven't used it for a day or so but when I open the dock, the screen does not come on. I have to hold the power button for 15 seconds and it will boot from cold.

This is maybe what others are seeing and I think its refered to as a 'Deep Sleep' rather than a SoD (Sleep of death) or a crash?

Could this be the case? I don't know when Android says 'Go to sleep'?

diogo.sena

Apr 7, 2011
I have noticed the last few days the tablet seems to 'Deep Sleep'. This is with the March linaro builds. I haven't used it for a day or so but when I open the dock, the screen does not come on. I have to hold the power button for 15 seconds and it will boot from cold.

This is maybe what others are seeing and I think its refered to as a 'Deep Sleep' rather than a SoD (Sleep of death) or a crash?

Could this be the case? I don't know when Android says 'Go to sleep'?

Deep Sleep is a whole lot different thing, and is good for your tablet.. what are you seeing is a classic SoD.

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo

Not to nitpcik but diogo is right: And it's probably best to be precise about it. That way we'll have as little confusion as possible.

Deep sleep: Android decides nothing is really happening and puts the system and CPU in a state where it uses almost no power. When you need the device, it wakes back up. This should happen all the time. This is normal.

Sleep of death: When the device goes to sleep, but locks up and the only way to wake it is to hold the power button for 15 seconds and do start the device from scratch, as if it had been powered off.

Hopefully there should be NO SoD or Random Reboots on this ROM. I've had zero.

If you are experiencing sleep of death or reboots, are you overclocking? Underclocking? Changing governors? Are you using alternate kernels? What build?

Can you try flashing the "stable" build from february ( http://nexfiles.kjonigsen.net/tf101/cm10.1/stable/ ) and see if you still get the same issues?

I'm very curious.

That said: These are CM nightly builds. There is no guarantee that each build will be in a 100% proper state. Some times commits completely breaks the builds, but usually, it works out ok.

Reactions: fgsouza

davebuk

Jul 6, 2011
Bournemouth
Not to nitpcik but diogo is right: And it's probably best to be precise about it. That way we'll have as little confusion as possible.

Deep sleep: Android decides nothing is really happening and puts the system and CPU in a state where it uses almost no power. When you need the device, it wakes back up. This should happen all the time. This is normal.

Sleep of death: When the device goes to sleep, but locks up and the only way to wake it is to hold the power button for 15 seconds and do start the device from scratch, as if it had been powered off.

Hopefully there should be NO SoD or Random Reboots on this ROM. I've had zero.

If you are experiencing sleep of death or reboots, are you overclocking? Underclocking? Changing governors? Are you using alternate kernels? What build?

Can you try flashing the "stable" build from february ( http://nexfiles.kjonigsen.net/tf101/cm10.1/stable/ ) and see if you still get the same issues?

I'm very curious.

That said: These are CM nightly builds. There is no guarantee that each build will be in a 100% proper state. Some times commits completely breaks the builds, but usually, it works out ok.

My understanding of a sleep and a SoD were wrong then. I have never had it crash while its been on and operating, only the fact its not woken after a day or so being in standby and only just recently.

I will confirm which nightly I am using when I get home but have only noticed this since I installed the version that came out the same time as the front facing camera/gapps fix. At this time I wiped '/system' installed ROM and Gapps, then wiped cache/dalvik using TWRP.

I have always been running overclocked at 1400MHz since running 0.8.0 CM10.1 but will try setting it back to stock frequency.

Kernel is standard that comes with the nightly ROM, but I am running K.A.T. app from when I had a sound issue a while back and have never uninstalled it. I have never changed the governor so this is default.

Chinaboy5216

Aug 27, 2008
Foshan, China
Re: [ROM] [4.2.2] No-name CM10.1 nightlies - Standard & Linaro

Have an issue with today's nightly (12 march), is giving "unfortunately system UI is not loading".

Any ideas? Nightly from 11 march is OK.

Sent from my Transformer using xda premium

Chinaboy5216

Aug 27, 2008
Foshan, China

OK, did not see the error message but happy it's known already.

By the way really like this ROM. The best I had so far on my transformer. Thx man!

Sent from my Transformer using xda premium

lbohn

Jan 18, 2007
29°47'30"N 98°43'50"W
I upgraded my TF101 last night from stock rooted ICS. Flashed 0311 for those keeping score. Everything went smoothly. CM 10.1 is incredibly fast on my tablet; boots much faster than ICS and the UX is quite crisp. :good:

However, I can't rearrange the Static Tiles in the pull down drawer. I found System > Quick Settings panel > Tiles and layout but every time I rearrange/delete tiles, the changes never take effect. :confused:

Thanks josteink for the great work!

--L.

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo

Feel free to register it on the issue tracker. Can't promise if or when I can look at things though.

Very busy these days ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Awenyar

Mar 1, 2009
However, I can't rearrange the Static Tiles in the pull down drawer. I found System > Quick Settings panel > Tiles and layout but every time I rearrange/delete tiles, the changes never take effect. :confused:

Had that problem too, but after one or two reboots this problem was gone!
Boot it and try again. Maybe it helps... :D maybe not...

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Soo, no more unattended reboots for me (to be precise: reboots in standby without my action).
Did a reinstall with System wipe and anything... But the sound still drops after 4-5 hours.
(to be precise: sound drops -> TF don't play any sound anymore until restart)

I'm not sure if this sound problem is a software bug. I got this also with stock rom... :laugh: that was one of the reasons I wanted to switch to another rom...

thanks!

jacobsensei

Mar 1, 2011
East Coast

Had that problem too, but after one or two reboots this problem was gone!
Boot it and try again. Maybe it helps... :D maybe not...

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Soo, no more unattended reboots for me (to be precise: reboots in standby without my action).
Did a reinstall with System wipe and anything... But the sound still drops after 4-5 hours.
(to be precise: sound drops -> TF don't play any sound anymore until restart)

I'm not sure if this sound problem is a software bug. I got this also with stock rom... :laugh: that was one of the reasons I wanted to switch to another rom...

thanks!

I'm having the sound drop problem on this Rom also, but never on ICS or stock.

Sent from my ADR6300

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo

If sound fails, try to install Tim's kat app. It has a sound reinit function.

Reactions: Awenyar

jacobsensei

Mar 1, 2011
East Coast

If sound fails, try to install Tim's kat app. It has a sound reinit function.

I had it drop out with that app installed also.

Had to reinit every time, and then constantly had to readjust the volume buttons between different apps.

It dosen't work for me.

I'm back on 4.12 now and will see how it works out.

I still have my RevolverICS backups.

Sent from my Transformer

Last edited:

davebuk

Jul 6, 2011
Bournemouth
My understanding of a sleep and a SoD were wrong then. I have never had it crash while its been on and operating, only the fact its not woken after a day or so being in standby and only just recently.

I will confirm which nightly I am using when I get home but have only noticed this since I installed the version that came out the same time as the front facing camera/gapps fix. At this time I wiped '/system' installed ROM and Gapps, then wiped cache/dalvik using TWRP.

I have always been running overclocked at 1400MHz since running 0.8.0 CM10.1 but will try setting it back to stock frequency.

Kernel is standard that comes with the nightly ROM, but I am running K.A.T. app from when I had a sound issue a while back and have never uninstalled it. I have never changed the governor so this is default.

Currently running 20130307 linaro. Tablet has been in standby for a day and failed to wake this afternoon. Battery has dropped a lot at a steady rate while its been off. Not sure if avast antivirus is a cause as that is the only new app I have installed recently. I have un installed and see how it goes.

See attached from dual battery stats app.

Is it worth trying the 27th nightly or perhaps 11th March?

Last edited:

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
Currently running 20130307 linaro. Tablet has been in standby for a day and failed to wake this afternoon. Battery has dropped a lot at a steady rate while its been off. Not sure if avast antivirus is a cause as that is the only new app I have installed recently. I have un installed and see how it goes.

It might be the ROM, but since most people don't have the issue, it sounds like some applications you have are throwing around wakelocks irresponsibly, causing the device to never enter deep-sleep.

Feel free to try the older ROM, but if that doesn't solve it, you can see if this article on wakelocks is any help instead:
http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Wakelocks

sidelong

I'm on 20130311, and having the same experience. SoD quite frequently. This started happening a few nightlies ago but I'm not sure exactly when. Also getting sudden drops in battery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No-name CM10.1 nightlies

Welcome to the No-name CM10.1 nightlies ROM.

Features:
    - No fuzz, stable CM10.1-based ROM for the TF101.
    - Timduru's wonderful KAT kernel built in
    - Can play 720p MKVs over wifi using Dice Player (and similar) if OCed to 1.4GHz (see details on OCing below)
    - Support for battery-dock indicator
    - Up to date, nightly builds, with change-logs.
    - Linaro builds available too.
    - Works with PPP widget from the Play Store.
    - Native support for USB and SD-card dock storage.
    - TabletUI mod available.
    - Experimental TF101G support.

We'll do our best to keep it working, stable and fix issues as reported, but whoever feels like contributing should feel free.
    Pull requests welcome.

No-name parts with extra features can optionally be installed from market.
    If you feel like donating, you can install Straitjacket which is my paid app with some extra features. Plus it might give you a warm fuzzy feeling for being a good guy.

Installation:

If coming from any non-4.2.x/CM10.1-based ROM, a factory reset is very much recommended.

(0. Backup your existing ROM)
    1. Decide if you feel experimental. Linaro or normal build?
    2. Download latest nightly to device.
    3. Download special TF101 gapps linked below. (Choose only one)
    4. Boot into recovery. Use TWRP, not CWM, as CWM doesn't support 4.2 ROMs properly.
    5. Flash ROM. (This also wipes /system and any mods you already have.)
    7. Flash special TF101 Gapps.
    8. Optionally flash trackpad and/or tabletUI mod. (For tabletUI-mod: Do read below!)
    9. Ensure you wipe /cache and dalvik-cache.
    10. Reboot.

Basically, the normal procedure for any ROM.

Updating:

Updating from a previous build does not require a factory reset and will in no way delete any user-data or apps.

Be sure to flash ROM and to reflash gapps otherwise you will lose your current Google-account.

(0. Backup your existing ROM)
    1. Download latest nightly to device.
    2. Boot into recovery.
    3. Flash ROM. (This also wipes /system and any mods you already have.)
    4. Flash special TF101 Gapps.
    5. Optionally flash trackpad and/or tabletUI mod.
    6. Ensure you wipe /cache and dalvik-cache.
    7. Reboot.

Downloads

TF101 (Wifi only) ROM available here:
    - nexfiles
    - dlumberg's mirror

Experimental TF101G ROM available here:
    - nexfiles

NOTE: These require TWRP for TF101G to be flashed. a_sh_ has you covered.

Optional trackpad mods::
    - nexfiles
    - dlumberg's mirror
    - changes pointer-mode, but wont inverse scrolling direction of trackpad.

Gapps available here:
    - Special TF101 gapps by dlumberg & josteink.
    - dlumberg's mirror

Thanks to:

- The Cyanogenmod team, for all the goodies they keep on delivering, across devices.
    - RaymanFX, for a CM-compatible device-tree for the TF101.
    - Timduru, for KatKernel which keeps this thing stable and functional.
    - Auto-patcher, for tabletUI mod.
    - ShevT and a_sh_, for TF101G support.

Linaro?

So you are asking "What's Linaro anyway?". Good questions. To learn more, you can head to the Linaro. Since that is a big, big page with lots of technical stuff, I'll be nice and provide a brief explanation:

- Linaro makes an alternative toolchain which offers extra optimization-options not found in the "normal" Android build-chain. These optimizations should make the resulting build/ROM faster.
    - But these optimizations are not entirely proven yet, and there is some debate about compatibility-related side-effects.
    - These means that the resulting build may be less stable and/or less compatible with Android-software than builds produced using the normal build chain.

Is Linaro for you? It works for me. If you feel very conservative, it's probably best to avoid it.

If you still can't decide, you can check out this thread which dlumberg was nice enough to bring up. :)

TabletUI mod

In the ROM's download folder, for some releases you will find matching tabletUI mods availble for download.

Do note that these mods are created from the ROM itself and must be exactly matched.

That means that if your tabletUI mod is dated 20130428 and tagged "linaro", the only ROM that mod was created for was the 20130428 linaro build and no other build what so ever.
    A mod made for the linaro build isn't supported when applied to the standard build and vica verse. A mod made for one date should never be used on a build created on any other date.

These mods are highly specific and needs to be treated that way. If you are mixing things and having any sorts of issues, there's nothing I can or will do about that. You have been warned.

On over-clocking

Don't use SetCPU or other third party tools. They are not needed, as the ROM has built in OC-controls. Using such tools may cause a conflict and in worst case possibly RRs and SODs.

To unlock the OC controls, go to System settings, About tablet, scroll down to build number, and tap that repeatedly until the system responds with "You are now a developer".

Exit and re-enter settings. You should now have a section called "Performance". Here you can enter a submenu called "CPU". Using this is the supported and recommended way to do over-cloking.

Issues?

Check the Github issue-tracker. They may be reported already. If not, feel free to report them.
    https://github.com/josteink/device_asus_tf101/issues?state=open

Some issues are reported and closed, but have known workarounds:
    https://github.com/josteink/device_asus_tf101/issues?labels=workaround+available&page=1&state=closed

If not there, you can also check or ask in the thread. Most issues will probably benefit from public discussion.

Please do not PM me for technical support. You wont get it.

Sources:

Android is open-source. This is an open-source project.

Cyanogenmod:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/

TF101 device-tree:
    https://github.com/josteink/device_asus_tf101

Kat-kernel:
    https://github.com/timduru/tf101-katkernel

Experimental TF101G device-tree with modifications by ShevT:
    https://github.com/ShevT/device_asus_tf101g

Experimental Kat-kernel with config for TF101G:
    https://github.com/josteink/tf101-katkernel

Build-setup:
    https://github.com/josteink/android_multi-build
    https://github.com/josteink/simba

Auto-patcher:
    https://github.com/mateor/auto-patcher

Current contributors:
    - dlumberg
    - davebuk
    - ShevT
    - a_sh_
    - TheMrcool212
    - Jostein Kjønigsen (josteink)

Other questions:

- "These are the same builds you posted in RaymanFX's thread, right?"
    - Yes they are.

- "Bleeding edge... Does this include cherry-picks?"
    - No. Only regular CM updates which has passed gerrit code review, just like the official nightlies. We're bleeding edge. Not extra bleeding edge.

- "What makes this different from RaymanFX's 0.8 Work In Progress ROM?"
    - This ROM is based of his work, but he hasn't updated his sources in a long while. With the kernel being replaced by a non-Rayman kernel and him not really updating it anymore, I felt it would be wrong to keep posting it in his thread. As we keep making changes, I expect less and less of his original work will remain.

Thus I felt it was time to give. Not to mention, now people have easy to locate downloads and up to date instructions in the first post.
    Change log:

This log (mostly) reflects changes specifically to this ROM, and does not (usually) include changes upstream from Cyanogenmod.

2013-02-21: Initial release as own ROM, using forked KAT kernel.
    2013-02.24: GPS and battery-dock fixes.
    2013-02-25: Kernel renaming.
    2013-02-27: Fix touchpad-toggle on battery-dock. Thanks to whirleyes!
    2013-03-08: Fix issue with front-facing camera.
    2013-03-12: Fix issue with missing audio after deep sleep on some devices.
    2013-03-20: Added very basic trackpad mods.
    2013-03-21: Fix for bluetooth audio devices. Thanks Boomgawd!
    2013-03-22: Fix for non-working Google Backup.
    2013-03-24: Fix Google talk video chat (thanks to J-Pod)
    2013-03-29: Fix for 720p video-recording.
    2013-04-05: Kernel changed to actual KAT kernel nightlies as well.
    2013-04-14: Fix for Photosphere crashes merged upstream in CM. (Photosphere yet to be included in gapps)
    2013-05-12: Experimental builds for TF101G added.
    2013-05-20: TWRP for TF101G added.
    2013-05-21: TF101G build borken.
    2013-05-24: Broken TF101G builds fixed.
    2013-05-28: Added automatic building of tabletUI-mods for all 4.2 builds.
    2013-06-19: Updated Linaro toolchain.
    2013-06-23: Added support for exfat and better support for SD-card and USB devices in the settings.
    Tablet UI thanks to Auto Patcher http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1719408
    Caldair is going to commit the change to the repo so that auto-patcher will have native support for tf101 going forward. Big thanks to him

Flash from recovery over your existing rom.

TabletUI
    http://zenithosis.com/update-cm-tf101-20130320-tabletUI.zip

Restore phablet UI
    http://zenithosis.com/restore-cm-tf101-20130320.zip

There is no settings panel yet.
    [ROM] [4.2.2] No-name CM10.1 nightlies - Standard & Linaro

If you don't mind could you explain something for me then...I have

Using Total Commander as my file explore, I go to the "home/root" screen this is what I see

SD-Card Total Commander shows the path as /storage/emulated/0
    and
    SD-Card (2) Total Commander shows the path as /storage/sdcard1 (when I initially downloaded my ROMS and stuff, I put them on the physical SD card...this is where they are appearing.

If I go into /storage these are the folders I see

emulated
    sdcard0
    sdcard1
    sdcard2
    usbdisk0
    usbdisk1

Is it just me or does this seem unnecessarily messy? I'm not sure if this is a DEV issue or not, but thanks for your help! It seems to be a stable 4.2.2 ROM thus far.

Ok, so here is a rundown:
    sdcard1 is the microSD
    sdcard2 is the dock SD
    usbdisk0&1 are the two USB ports.

sdcard0 is the internal storage for the current user (also /sdcard/)

/storage/emulated/0/ is the primary user (only SuperUser). This is mounted as /sdcard/ and /storage/sdcard0/ when logged in.

If you add users, the second user has data stored at /storage/emulated/10/. When they are logged on, this folder is mounted at /sdcard/ and also /storage/sdcard0/

Additional users will be added in the following order in the /storage/emulated/ directory:
    1st user - 0
    2nd user - 10
    3rd user - 11
    4th user - 12
    5th user - 13
    Just to let you know: Ubuntu upgrade completed. Most things seems to have survived quite well, including the TF101 android build-setup.

Also: I've gotten word from ShevT about the changes involved, so I'm now working on getting the TF101G builds back up.

All in all, should (hopefully) be smooth sailing ahead now (unless I just jinxed it) :D