[HELP] Mine doesn't turn on anymore after met the water after 5 seconds :(

Search This thread

lupoalberto12

Dec 27, 2010
Naples
www.lupoalberto12.it
Hi!
This morning my Moto G met the privy, quickly I picked up it, rinsed under running water to remove the "acid" (Ammonia) and putted it under some rise, at the Sun.
Now it doesn't want to turn on.
When I connect it at the charge, the led starts to blink in white:

Ideas?
If I think that someone has immersed it for 30 minutes and this still worked :mad: .
Thanks.
Bye!
! :) !

Ps.: I's chatting with a my client, I cannot leave it in another room :( .

Last edited:

jman1234

Aug 21, 2013
Leave it plugged in for a while, mine was flashing too but it turned out that the battery was completely drained.

asared89

Mar 14, 2011
Guys,
I have the same problem and its been two days since i left it plugged in.
No sign of life and sometime when i push the power button for more than a minute, the screen light up with the battery still at 0 percent.
Any help?

lupoalberto12

Dec 27, 2010
Naples
www.lupoalberto12.it
did you drop phone in "acid" (Ammonia)?

It fell in the toilet, in the pee :D !
Pee is "like" Ammonia.

I leave it plugged all night with an original Nexus charge, after a day in a cup of rice, nothing.
So, because the seals liquid control was red and not white (that means "water in the device"), I disassembled it, clean everything with distilled water and wipe contacts liquid and now it works.
Only a problem: the touch doesn't work very properly (loses touch) but to send sms or answer call, it can go (I can not write emails or do anything else at the moment but that's okay).
@asared89: try with another cable and charge (check Amperage).
Thanks.
Bye!

asared89

Mar 14, 2011
It fell in the toilet, in the pee :D !
Pee is "like" Ammonia.

I leave it plugged all night with an original Nexus charge, after a day in a cup of rice, nothing.
So, because the seals liquid control was red and not white (that means "water in the device"), I disassembled it, clean everything with distilled water and wipe contacts liquid and now it works.
Only a problem: the touch doesn't work very properly (loses touch) but to send sms or answer call, it can go (I can not write emails or do anything else at the moment but that's okay).

@asared89: try with another cable and charge (check Amperage).
Thanks.
Bye!

Will try it one more night with different charger, probably gonna disassemble it tomorrow.
Thanks.

asared89

Mar 14, 2011
After a whole night plugged in with a different charger, there's still no sign of life. disassemble it and 15 minutes in a freezer finally woke my moto g from his deep sleep.
:laugh: