*TrackMe* GPS/CellID Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps

Search This thread

laakness

Oct 9, 2007
Are you going to post the web code/database structure or define the format it is being sent as?

Edit* - I see the data in the formated URL string. I guess it'd be cool if you posted your code to see how it's handling it and generating the kml file.

Last edited:

Sane

Jan 19, 2007
Down Below
Yes!!! Is there a way to install this to my girlfriends phone with out her knowing?

NOOOO, just kidding!!!

ishkatar

Oct 21, 2007
Yes, but since I'm still making changes to the program and to the database I prefer to wait until I have a more stable version. I hope it's ok for you.
Hi:
Is there a way you can make the call to the web page generic enough so that we could decide what page gets called? I'm asking because I would like to use ASP instead of PHP to capture the call.
Thanks!!

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Hi:
Is there a way you can make the call to the web page generic enough so that we could decide what page gets called? I'm asking because I would like to use ASP instead of PHP to capture the call.
Thanks!!

If the format of the URL is exactly the same (only changing the extension from .php to .asp) it should be easy. I can add a parameter in the configuration where you specify the extension of the pages being called.

G Earth problems

staryon,

I have one problem, I can see my plotted route in Google Earth, but I would like to be able to play this route in Google Earth; but that does not seem to work.
Further, If my internet connection goes down the waypoints are not uploaded afterwards in the same route, but as freestanding waypoints....
Any suggestions?
Anyway, I really love this application!

Cheers,

HJ

vmarchais

Jun 2, 2007
gprs / wifi

good job
as we need to have gprs data connexion
is not possible to utilize wifi connexion ?
anyway very good job
vincent from france

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
staryon,

I have one problem, I can see my plotted route in Google Earth, but I would like to be able to play this route in Google Earth; but that does not seem to work.
Further, If my internet connection goes down the waypoints are not uploaded afterwards in the same route, but as freestanding waypoints....
Any suggestions?
Anyway, I really love this application!

Cheers,

HJ

Hi hellejoep,

Did you activate the option 'Generate KML files automatically'? You also need to go to Google Earth and check the option 'Fly to position on refresh' (something like that). I wrote a small help file that explains that inside TrackMe. Click on File->Help just in case it helps.

For the second problem, I will check it out. I think I tested it, but maybe I'm missing something.

Regards

powerppc

Aug 7, 2004
Diamond Bar
www.powercx.com
Staryon, Great job on the software. I have tested other software such as Mologogo, Accutracking, Reperion, 3DTracking, Navizon, among others that I have tested and a lot of them are Bloatware. Meaning they are bloated with crap that is not needed except to do simple things such as sending the location to the server and the ability to have anyone view your location publicly and viewable via the PDA.

The only non-bloatware software out there that are so perfect, bug free, reliable, accurate, fast GPS connection with HOT GPS is Accutracking. The problem with accutracking is that it's not free. Reperion is great too, free as well, a little slower than accutracking and is not as fast as getting the GPS Signal. Reperion requires .NET Compact Framework and it's a resource hog. Then there is Mologogo. Mologogo is fine if you're going to use it with your friends, but most of the features in there does not work. Such as messaging, and the maps load very slow and it crash a lot. 3DTracking, I didn't even bother with this software, it crashes a lot more than Mologogo. Navizon is also bloatware with information you don't need.

So my point is, yours is as close as it could get with tracking software that is simple to the program, not loading a lot of un-important stuff and it works.

Maybe you can make two version. One that goes in the background all the time and doing simple task, while the other is more complex.

Other than that, I will keep on testing and let you know the result. Keep up the good work.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
powerppc,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. By you having tested so many programs it's great to get some ideas/suggestions from you for this one. You're completely right, my idea was to keep it as simple as possible. I'm going to try to add all the requests that people from this forum have asked me, but I'll do my best to keep it easy to use.

I think it's a good idea that user can select between 'Simple' and 'Advanced' mode. I could hide some options in the 'Simple' mode.

Please don't hesitate in posting new ideas or changes that you would like to see in TrackMe.

Regards

tariq_niazi

Jul 30, 2004
Los Angeles, Pomoma
tkn.gotdns.com
I was wondering if this program is "only" made for HTC Kaiser? If it is not, then would it be good to move it to the Hacking and Development section of this forum so others will know about this great application to use on other GPS enabled phones?

Moderators, just my idea.

- TKN

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
New version available.

11/01/07
- Added option to disconnect/connect GPS between uploads. (Power saving)
- Configuration loading/saving has been remade (sorry guys, but you will have to reenter all your settings. I promise this is the last time!)

Last edited:

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
I was wondering if this program is "only" made for HTC Kaiser? If it is not, then would it be good to move it to the Hacking and Development section of this forum so others will know about this great application to use on other GPS enabled phones?

Moderators, just my idea.

- TKN

tariq_niazi,

It should work with any PDA (I haven't tested though) As long as you connect to the PDA using a COM port, it should work fine.
Thanks for your comments!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir