Pandora on Windows Mobile

Search This thread

aatreya

Jan 7, 2006
Anyone with an iPhone want to hack the Pandora application and see if we can get a version working on Windows Mobile?

jsls

Nov 7, 2007
You cant just take something from the iphone and port it to window mobile. I have been waiting forever for Pandora on my WM phone, but now I have it on my iPod......so I wouldn't hold out any hope that they will come out with something.

aatreya

Jan 7, 2006
Yeah, I know - what I was hoping is that someone with the application could help us figure out the streaming protocol it uses, and then we could write a WM app to do the same thing. Maybe this is too difficult.

surur

Nov 29, 2003
Sounds like a great idea. If it works over wifi the network traffic can be observed etc.

Surur

rcm_rx7

Mar 14, 2008
i've heard it works with the skyfire browser...but I'm getting the feeling I will never get into that beta. Isn't there a AT&T pandora program? I believe it's a pay to use feature however.

Maybe we should get in contact with the guy who made the standalone windows pandora app, seems it would be much easier to "port" that than an iphone app...which was a terrible suggestion by the way

bjrmd

Feb 13, 2006
Skyfire does not work- I have it.
I did email pandora just a couple of weeks ago and they have no plans to support the PPC
Have searched for the ATT install cab but no luck.

met3ora

Nov 18, 2007
There's a Last.FM for Windows Mobile that someone made, it's similar to Pandora. A quick search should turn it up/

zeezee

Jun 13, 2007
Im going to open up pandora and shift though the code, and possibly write an WM6.1 application to intercept and login to their database just like the website.
-This is just an attempt, i will let everyone know the progress as it matures.
-zz

zeezee

Jun 13, 2007
Well it seems after 3 hours of reading code and downloading every external javascript file, and decompiling the flash files, it turns out that Pandora has an API that isnt being released in wide array. And to my dismay, after 3hours, and not knowing enough of the AS language, i chose to wait until the Pandora APIv2 is publicly release (it has been release to a very few 3rd party companies - yahoo is one for example) to revisit pandora for wm. :(
-sorry, but like i said it was an attempt.

banzaiwolfe

Nov 3, 2007
Well it seems after 3 hours of reading code and downloading every external javascript file, and decompiling the flash files, it turns out that Pandora has an API that isnt being released in wide array. And to my dismay, after 3hours, and not knowing enough of the AS language, i chose to wait until the Pandora APIv2 is publicly release (it has been release to a very few 3rd party companies - yahoo is one for example) to revisit pandora for wm. :(
-sorry, but like i said it was an attempt.

Thanks for trying :)

hgray

Apr 23, 2008
At the risk of sounding dumb, here are my half assembled thoughts lacking necessary sleep...

I know Alltel runs BREW, though I'm not sure about Sprint and ATT (not likely). ATT has more than just the iPhone running Pandora, and I'd assume that these phones are all running the program in Java. Otherwise the devs must like doing more work than necessary, or Pandora is trying to find a way to lock this down and make some money.

Is it possible to pull the program off a phone and run it on a WinMo JavaVM?

pmuschi

Sep 12, 2007
Greensboro
...Is it possible to pull the program off a phone and run it on a WinMo JavaVM?

My thoughts exactly. Does someone have a RAZR, or another supported AT&T phone, who can visit the URL Pandora sends you?
(which is http:///www.pandora.com/att?)

It seems like Pandora might be a java app. If that's he case, it could easily be pulled from the phone's filesystem, once the "right" phone visited the website and downloaded the app. I'd try it myself with my old RAZR, but my wife nagged me when I upgraded and I threw it away. :(

EDIT: Yeah, I tried it also. It seems like the stock WinMo 6.1. JVM doesn't support some DRM-related features, so the midlet won't run.

Last edited:

Boomstick

Apr 29, 2008
I have the Razr V9M (My old phone). I can see if I can get the file(s). Someone needs to walk me thru which files you need and how to get them. If you want to compare files. If anyone is still trying to get this to work...

:(

Pandora on my phone would rock.

Last edited:

CaliPhattie

Apr 14, 2007
San Diego
Pandora Application on WM6

Did anybody else attempt to put Pandora in a .cab file besides Zeezee? Looking forward to find out if someone can do it for the WM6 and upload it somewhere.

AT&T 8525 with WM6 (VP3G)