Moto E alternative

Search This thread

anil2705

Apr 13, 2013
Redmi K20 Pro
I'm sorry for the wrong question at probably the wrong place, but jus help me out
I've bought a moto e for my brother. i jus loved it and was thinking to buy one for myself. but my bro says why to buy two same phones when other phones are available.
brands such as micromax are providing better specs at lower price points.
and in case of after sales services, motorola doesnt fare quite well.
a friend of mine broke the screen of his moto g, and they took around 40 days to give back the mobile stating out of stock
almost like the after sales of mmx

so should i look for an alternative or hang on and buy the moto e itself?
does the os upgrade of KK over JB affect the performance that much?

harshs91

May 11, 2012
Pune
Redmi K20 Pro
The best alternative at this price point is Lava Iris 406Q in terms of performance.... Bt u should go for the Moto E, it comes from a much more reliable brand n looks better too!
N yeah Kitkat will affect the performance, security and features too!

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
Moto E already got Kitkat 4.4.3 . I don't think lava is ever getting any update

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

G

g33kparineeti

Dude, stick with Moto E... it's the best at this price point....:good:

goateegauti

Oct 23, 2012
Bangalore
Moto E already got Kitkat 4.4.3 . I don't think lava is ever getting any update

I don't think even Motorola too would provide update for the next version of android involving a huge changelog.......the device is just new hence they are active in providing updates. The same scene was present when gingerbread was launched. Every new device had gb within months they didn't show response(except sony)
Look out for the disclaimer put out on the moto E ad while they advertise about latest updates.

Last edited:

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
I don't think even Motorola too would provide update for the next version of android involving a huge changelog.......the device is just new hence they are active in providing updates. The same scene was present when gingerbread was launched. Every new device had gb within months they didn't show response(except sony)
Look out for the disclaimer put out on the moto E ad while they advertise about latest updates.
they will definitely
yju4asyn.jpg

@niket

Apr 2, 2012
Mumbai
I'm using moto E
as an alternative, Micromax Unite 2 A106 is best choice
it outperforms moto E in almost every department except build quality but Micromax's build quality isnt bad either but just average.
It was launched two days after i received my moto E otherwise i would have definitely gone for it.

abt lava iris 406Q
I've used that as well...purchased moto E from the refund of lava 406Q
it has big issue regarding regional Devanagari fonts in Android 4.3 OS
extremely unstable as soon as regional language appears on screen, some kind of rendering issue
apps such as whatsapp, FB, & FB messenger etc stops working when they deal with such font, in addition force closing of these apps causes status bar to crash and wallpapers blinks in alternative black-visible pattern, also sometimes this leads to crash of launcher
there is also same issue of not able to move app data into SD card & moreover storage divided into two parts of 1GB & 1.6GB

there is no such problem in Unite 2...all apps gets installed directly into SD card including app data if required.
so good to go
unite 2 has autofocus with Led flash
lava has fixed focus with led flash
moto has fixed focus with NO flash

moto n unite are running 4.4.2 out of the box
lava on 4.3 but upgradable to 4.4 (mostly in july)

amarjit_rsingh

Mar 13, 2012
Mumbai
Micromax Unite 2 is an alternative for Moto E provided that you don't care about build quality and poor customer support. Since Motorola releases Kernel for Moto E recently we can expect that once update is launched then Motorola will again release the source hence there is much more possibilty of development comparison to Micromax Unite 2

dlfcity4

Feb 6, 2014
I love the moto e. But despite its presence on the phone I am unable to use Wi-Fi direct. Any tips on this subject ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moto e bcoz of active development of roms