[75% OFF][Screen & Full body protectors][PIX] XtremeGUARD SALE sitewide

Search This thread

xxgoosexx

Apr 5, 2011
Knoxville
Got mine in the mail. They look great. I bought two, flubbed my first install but my second was excellent. No air bubbles and I was excited. I went to sleep putting them in my garage to speed up the drying process. Woke up this morning and the screen protectors are covered in air bubbles. No clue how that happened. Maybe the humidity of the garage? I really do not see how the air bubbles will magically disappear now.

Are they air bubbles or just moisture that will evaporate eventually? My screen covers I got in yesterday looked horrible when I installed (I had to keep doing it cause random dust was underneath every time I put them on), and I let them sit over night and they look much much better

kl323

May 8, 2011
Damn I just put mine on, looks great, now it isn't picking up my touch inputs. I can't unlock it to use the damn thing.

[EDIT]
Damn I forgot you have to let it dry for a little while. I'm debating on removing it because after looking at it... there is a retangular mark that appears to be underneath the protector that I can't get off. :( So either I put it on backwards or the marks are on the top and just scratched from the little card they sent.

I know that stupid retangular mark is going to drive me crazy but it's on so perfect I don't know if I want to chance screwing that up....

I've installed other brands of screen protector. Let me just say that installing these are no different than the others. Quality wise, pretty damn good for what we paid. So to each their own.

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
This morning the responsiveness is returning. The corners are still a little off... but I found out a really weird trick. If I plugged my n7 up to a charger, it worked very well. Even this morning it was a little iffy until I plugged it in. Maybe it needs grounding or more power to the screen.

Curious if this is the cause to some peoples touchscreen issues (unrelated to the screen protectors).

I still have a few bubbles this morning but I remember that they eventually go away. Its pretty tacky still and typing I is a chore but that eventually fixes over time too. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet.

I'm leaving the bubbles alone this round because my Galaxy Nexus looks bad at an angle where I pushed those bubbles out prematurely.

I just wish the camera cutout was a hole vs a cutout.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

needoZ

Jul 5, 2010
Are they air bubbles or just moisture that will evaporate eventually? My screen covers I got in yesterday looked horrible when I installed (I had to keep doing it cause random dust was underneath every time I put them on), and I let them sit over night and they look much much better

After I took it off it turns out it was moisture. But by then it was to late. Had to trash the covers.

nd4spdbh

Jul 23, 2011
guys i have had great luck using Zagg invisishield spray and a proper zagg squeegee to apply these... if you have access to this stuff like i do use it... applied many of these xtremeguard shields and all come out perfect.

btw is the cheapest price on the shield for the N7 7.50?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: NOTE(s): When you receive these they come packaged in a generic mailer envelope, nothing fancy, no retail packaging. Important, the packaging may contain "black specs", make sure you rinse super thoroughly before attempting to install or you will get these stuck under the protector and be sad. Once you've got it lined up and installed, let it dry, it may make your device non-responsive to touch. It seems the N7 has very little margin/sensitivity and the liquid impairs electrostatic conductivity and doesn't register touches with most wet application protectors until it's 100% dry. It should work without issues after 24/48 hours depending on your climate.

FOLLOWUP: Here's a picture of mine installed and drying about 36 hours later.

CLICK THUMBNAIL TO VIEW

I've been tweeting and posting on facebook about wanting a sale, suggesting they have one for the Release of the Google Nexus 7. Looks like it paid off! On top of there 50% OFF the regular price of $15 per screen protector or $30 for the full body, they are offering a sitewide additional 75% OFF!

http://www.xtremeguard.com/Asus-Goo...rotector-p/google_nexus7_screen_protector.htm

2vimg43.png

16by6gw.png

Stock up on your screen protectors today with our site-wide sale on ALL screen and full body protectors when you buy two or more! Coupon code: Xtreme75.

To celebrate the release of the Asus Google Nexus 7, we have slashed the the price of the screen protector IN HALF! Save big when you combine this with the 75% off sale!

Other devices include the new Samsung Galaxy s3, HTC EVo 4g LTE, iPhone 4s, and the new iPad 3.

https://www.xtremeguard.com/
    https://twitter.com/xtremeguard
    https://www.facebook.com/XtremeGuard
    Thanks for the information, I bought two for the nexus, two for my new EVO and one for my wife's GSII

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
    I am thinking about getting one of these, do these have a sticky feel to them like the zagg screen protectors do? Or a more HD feel to them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Humm something more in between. Not "sticky" but definitively rubbery~ At $3.74 for two delivered, what can I say..

At least that's how the one I put on my SGS3 feels, the Atrix 4G is slightly different. Since this is new for the N7, I've yet to receive mine to know how it will be yet. But I will def. follow up once I do.
    thanks OP, posted up your deal on the gadget site I write for. Check it here.
    got mine last night.

installed on a galaxy nexus and a nexus 7

i installed them last night, using soapy water and it took 2 tries on the nexus 7 and i accidentally caught some little crap on the edge so it wasnt perfect, but it was dam close

left the nexus's off overnight, took the battery out of the gnex and just left the n7 off. came down this morning and they look GOOD. no ornage peel at all, the texture is kinda rubberybut not terrible.

i turned both on at the same time and had fun watching them both with the same boot logo, but sadly there is something up withthe n7 protector.

there were still a few bubbles underthe protector, but it was randomtapping on things for me and also when laying flat, not responding to any touch at all. i managed to download an app that shows where your touching, and it looks like when sitting flat on the table, it does not pickup any touch, and when holding it, and moving my fingfer across the surface it looks as if it will randomly lift my finger off the screen.

i checked out my phone and it was perfect.

so, after 5-10 minutes of frustration on the n7, i became overly worried that i screwed something up with the water installation, and took it off.

luckily it works perfectly with no issues at all without the protector.

SO i am not sure if this might happen with all of the n7 or i just got unlucky. i peeled it off and got a fingerprint on the sticky side so now i think i need an nnew one if i am even going to try it again. if anyone has any pointers, or any luck withtheirs let me know.