[ROM] 01/01/13 Stock rooted odexed JB Telstra_WWE_3.17.841.2

Search This thread

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Feel free to use this but I accept no responsibility for the results - read up before you flash!

This is a collaboration between radavs and me and is primarily for Telstra users but can be modified for any carrier in build.prop.

I use this on a daily basis and have had no issues for a week solid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All apps working - including video camera.

Removed some bloat (Telstra Navigator, Google plus, Polaris, pdf viewer)

English language only - other languages removed - they can be pulled from the original OTA zip (which can be found here on the forums) and added to the rom.zip before flashing.

There are no screen shots because we all know what a stock rom looks like......

DOWNLOADS:

Rom http://www.4sync.com/zip/_8CLQVVk/radavs-pablo11-TelstraJB-stock.html MD5 e49ec694f7d22bc37b851a2365f4dad4

Radio http://www.vangoogle.com.au/HTC_oneXL/EVITA_HTCTelstra_JB_Radio.zip - Thanks for the mirror vangoogle!

Flashing Instructions:

1)Perform a backup and then a FULL wipe in TWRP and Flash the Telstra JB radio zip.

2)Flash the rom zip and boot up.

I use System Tuner to overclock and disable the power notification - have fun!

Thanks to radavs and the people mentioned here and the XDA community:good:

Last edited:

vangoogle

Aug 1, 2007
Thanx Pablo11

Love you have done this!

Couple things:
I am on hboot 1.14 but have flashed the boot.img file from JB ROM already when running Jokers ROM so I cant say if it was required to be done or not.
Wiper had error twice on startup and then is fine, however I removed wiper.apk and the odex for it from zip and rewiped and reflashed.
Added Superuser.apk to apps folder (in ROM zip file before flashing) and it installs with ROM no probs.
When checking with 3G/4G Speed Optimizer pro it states /24/6 when with ICS it used to be 12/24/6 and I found line "ro.ril.gprsclass=12" missing from build.prop.
Mind you this is also missing from the stock JB Telstra ROM OTA update file so have left it out until I can do some 4G speed tests.

This is all I have found and will be running this 24/7 and will let you know how it goes. Thanx heaps for doing this as I have no idea how to root etc the OTA and wanted the stock Telstra settings in my device so this is awesome!!
Triple thumbs up!!

Last edited:

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
Any change from the Asia build to this one looks like the same build number

Err base I mean

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Thanx Pablo11

Love you have done this!

Couple things:
I am on hboot 1.14 but have flashed the boot.img file from JB ROM already when running Jokers ROM so I cant say if it was required to be done or not.
Wiper had error twice on startup and then is fine, however I removed wiper.apk and the odex for it from zip and rewiped and reflashed.
Added Superuser.apk to apps folder (in ROM zip file before flashing) and it installs with ROM no probs.
When checking with 3G/4G Speed Optimizer pro it states /24/6 when with ICS it used to be 12/24/6 and I found line "ro.ril.gprsclass=12" missing from build.prop.
Mind you this is also missing from the stock JB Telstra ROM OTA update file so have left it out until I can do some 4G speed tests.

This is all I have found and will be running this 24/7 and will let you know how it goes. Thanx heaps for doing this as I have no idea how to root etc the OTA and wanted the stock Telstra settings in my device so this is awesome!!
Triple thumbs up!!

Damn! I thought I pulled out that wiper.apk! It's useless anyway.

Thanks for the superuser feedback. I did add the binaries to the rom but not the superuser apk. At the time I built this there were root issues and feedback was to flash the zip. Shows how long ago I built it :)

To be honest optimizer pro is not needed with these new roms. I am getting best ever speeds with this rom and I hardly ever use LTE.
I did notice some changes in the build.prop and the line you mention is one of them.
Seems like some values are not needed on Telstra's newer network.

Sorry about the dowload links everyone. I have a 3 day suspension from Dropbox and nowhere else to upload it :(

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Any change from the Asia build to this one looks like the same build number

Err base I mean

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Not that I know of. The release is basically the same but the Video camera is working well and it's really just so Telstra users have a base with their settings as stock. I just like the smoothness on this build too.

thevasko

Jun 27, 2009
MELBOURNE
Seems like no minor link here. can you send me your dropbox link for this Stock rooted odexed JB Telstra_WWE_3.17.841.2 rom? thanks.

radavs

Jul 4, 2011
Darwin
Ok I've modified Pablo11 rom to include the kernal, SU and working wiper(so no error while loading)
I'm at work atm so I will post it here once I have uploaded it to my server after work(which maybe 12am and onwards)
PS. Local time is 11:45am

Reactions: thevasko

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Thanks mate. I really appreciate it. I just don't have the time to invest but I wanted to get it out there for people.

Cheers.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

thevasko

Jun 27, 2009
MELBOURNE
Thanks RADAVS also PABLO11 you both are the best. actually i have got OTA JB Stock ROM too downloaded by my ONE XL. But cant installed saying error guess because i did have custom 2.40 custom ROM installed. trying to find RUU EVITA UL TELSTRA WWE 2.40.xxx cant find anywhere plus cant go back to RUU EVITA UL TELSTRA WWE 1.89.xxx due to has been official OTA from 1.89 - 2.40 by Telstra awhile ago stupid me just cant wait for JB thats why decided to do custom JB Rom and dont like it prefer Stock Rom. Would be nice if Telstra do RUU not OTA.

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Thanks RADAVS also PABLO11 you both are the best. actually i have got OTA JB Stock ROM too downloaded by my ONE XL. But cant installed saying error guess because i did have custom 2.40 custom ROM installed. trying to find RUU EVITA UL TELSTRA WWE 2.40.xxx cant find anywhere plus cant go back to RUU EVITA UL TELSTRA WWE 1.89.xxx due to has been official OTA from 1.89 - 2.40 by Telstra awhile ago stupid me just cant wait for JB thats why decided to do custom JB Rom and dont like it prefer Stock Rom. Would be nice if Telstra do RUU not OTA.

Well, don't worry - you will be able to use this once radavs has uploaded it tonight - tomorrow.

It's a very nice base. Very smooth and reliable.

pablo11

Jun 23, 2007
Down Under
Ok I've modified Pablo11 rom to include the kernal, SU and working wiper(so no error while loading)

Just out of interest, how did I break the wiper app?

I actually forgot to remove it. I was told it's just another way of Google knowing where you are. I don't like the way they do that stuff without telling us.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Feel free to use this but I accept no responsibility for the results - read up before you flash!

This is a collaboration between radavs and me and is primarily for Telstra users but can be modified for any carrier in build.prop.

I use this on a daily basis and have had no issues for a week solid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All apps working - including video camera.

Removed some bloat (Telstra Navigator, Google plus, Polaris, pdf viewer)

English language only - other languages removed - they can be pulled from the original OTA zip (which can be found here on the forums) and added to the rom.zip before flashing.

There are no screen shots because we all know what a stock rom looks like......

DOWNLOADS:

Rom http://www.4sync.com/zip/_8CLQVVk/radavs-pablo11-TelstraJB-stock.html MD5 e49ec694f7d22bc37b851a2365f4dad4

Radio http://www.vangoogle.com.au/HTC_oneXL/EVITA_HTCTelstra_JB_Radio.zip - Thanks for the mirror vangoogle!

Flashing Instructions:

1)Perform a backup and then a FULL wipe in TWRP and Flash the Telstra JB radio zip.

2)Flash the rom zip and boot up.

I use System Tuner to overclock and disable the power notification - have fun!

Thanks to radavs and the people mentioned here and the XDA community:good:
    HEY HEY HEY, slow down boy! I'm not taking over just giving your work as a complete package! :highfive:
    All credit goes to you! and that's why I'm posting it here and not in my section. People will see your u/n in the about phone section.:victory:

Ha Ha, thanks. I don't often get called boy anymore ( I'm 45 "cough cough" )

As soon as it's up I will modify the OP with all the credit you deserve :highfive:

I love working with fellow aussies :good:

Cheers mate.
    This will install all missing apps/language apps to make it full stock JB Telstra rom
    http://removed--- Update.zip MD5: 1a874fd4386318c045ecfcb317ff9bab

This Folder has all the stock Telstra roms plus latest JB radio and other files

New working Full stock updater zip
    Yeah I don't get the errors cos I removed it.

Cool, I'll leave it with you then - thanks for taking over what I had started and at least you have the resources to upload it :)

HEY HEY HEY, slow down boy! I'm not taking over just giving your work as a complete package! :highfive:
    All credit goes to you! and that's why I'm posting it here and not in my section. People will see your u/n in the about phone section.:victory:
    Reserved - just in case.

An extra note: I am on hboot 1.09 - I cannot garuntee this will work with other hboot versions.