[DEV]Ubuntu-touch for all Xperia 2011 devices

Search This thread
G

GuestK0082

Hello,
Developers, I really need help to get the ubuntu-touch port working again!
After the first release of Ubuntu-Touh I tried to port it again to our devices, but I don't get them booting. I only get a black screen. I have updated all sources on github and made the appropriate changes. You can find all relevant sources and information on my new website http://danwin.github.io/ubuntu-touch.html where I have uploaded the non-bootng builds for developers.

I still have the old builds available for those, who want a booting ubuntu-touch, but without any functionality: http://danwin.github.io/ubuntu-touch.html

Last edited:

BYTeXperience

Jul 15, 2010
It's aliveeee! Installed, and right now i make some tests. It's very slow for the moment (even on my SanDisk Mobile Ultra Class 10 card UHS1 with 30MB/s speed), but is running on NeoV. I don't find from where i can make some screenshots, the graphics is missed up, the dialer and more apps are not fitting on the screen but, this bugs can be solved with the past of time.

Last edited:

jasousa

Apr 11, 2008
Hi Dan!
You are the man! I supose you are the first person port ubuntu-touch on Xperia Neo V

This works on Xperia Neo (hallon) also!

Great Work... I hope you fix screen size soon ;)

Reactions: marincelo

Ghostfreak NB

Aug 11, 2012
Mumbai
Re: Ubuntu-touch for Neo V

Awesome work man,keep it up!
:thumbup:
Surely gonna try it

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

G

GuestK0082

A fix for the screen resolution is now available. Thanks jasousa

kirek007

Oct 31, 2009
Warsaw
I like the way it is look :) For now it useless (no GSM ?) .. but Im waiting for stable version or usable BETA :)

Last edited:
Reactions: bitoyz13

avinashrocks1990

Mar 3, 2013
New Delhi
Thanks for your effort

really laggy now
RIL not working

it's acceptable as it's a under development build

@All Devs please lend some of precious time to ubuntu for neo v

dugzino

Aug 9, 2011
Brussels
www.dugzino.com
@DanWin1210 You can maybe get some help from some of the FXP team (Binary for example).
I once asked em if they were tempted starting a new project.
They weren't at first, some threw AOKP, others Firefox OS. Then I said Ubuntu and 2 (or 3) of the team said "Ubuntu is kinda interesting".
So, if you can take care of building the ROM, I think they wont mind helping you with little fixes and stuffs.

Just try to get in touch with them. :)

Last edited:
G

GuestK0082

@DanWin1210 You can maybe get some help from some of the FXP team (Binary for example).
I once asked em if they were tempted starting a new project.
They weren't at first, some threw AOKP, others Firefox OS. Then I said Ubuntu and 2 (or 3) of the team said "Ubuntu is kinda interesting".
So, if you can take care of the building the ROM, I think they wont mind helping you with little fixes and stuffs.

Just try to get in touch with them. :)

Hi, I think you mean Bin4ry not Binary right?
But thanks for your suggestion, I have just written a private message to Bin4ry and are waiting for a reply.

thunderstorm20

Aug 31, 2012
Bangalore
dual boot?

please don not consider this greed, but can we dual boot my phone, lik running Ubuntu and reboot and switch to JB or any Custom ROM? cause that cud be more flaunting and Ubuntu can be used alongside the daily routine.

Ghostfreak NB

Aug 11, 2012
Mumbai
please don not consider this greed, but can we dual boot my phone, lik running Ubuntu and reboot and switch to JB or any Custom ROM? cause that cud be more flaunting and Ubuntu can be used alongside the daily routine.

I highly doubt the possibility especially keeping in mind our device configs plus we do not have much great devs left here!
Running one OS like ubuntu won't be less cool;) imho

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

G

GuestK0082

Bin4ry is really busy at the moment, but he "will peak a look here and there but no promise for fast help", so we'll have to wait until he has some spare time or I figure it out my self how to make the daily images working.

Generally this should be possible, but as I'm no developer yet, I'm unable to make dualboot working.

Top Liked Posts