★ ☆ [Kernel] NuK3RN3L | s2w+s2s | 01-21-14 | 1,900MHz | 3.0.84 | Sense/AOSP | ☆ ★

Search This thread

iHateWebOS

Aug 20, 2012
atglen,pa
jellybean uses bcmdhd driver its one of the few differences between ics and jellybean kernel. ics kernel should boot sense3.6 or aosp cm9. a jellybean aosp kernel should boot sense 4 also which uses the bcmdhd driver.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
jellybean uses bcmdhd driver its one of the few differences between ics and jellybean kernel. ics kernel should boot sense3.6 or aosp cm9. a jellybean aosp kernel should boot sense 4 also which uses the bcmdhd driver.

The ICS kernel we have now can boot our current WiFi driver just fine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Yes, but that kernel won't boot aosp jellybeans WiFi driver.

Sent from my Rezound using xda premium

Haha if you say so lol. Just because its that way for one device doesn't mean it is the same for another. The ICS kernel source HTC sent us is a hybrid. It works for both sense and aosp with only minor adjustment. Be patient and you will see.

iHateWebOS

Aug 20, 2012
atglen,pa
Haha if you say so lol. Just because its that way for one device doesn't mean it is the same for another. The ICS kernel source HTC sent us is a hybrid. It works for both sense and aosp with only minor adjustment. Be patient and you will see.

All ICS kernels are like that.... Very minor changes between sense and aosp.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
All ICS kernels are like that.... Very minor changes between sense and aosp.

OK just to squash what started this. I know for a FACT that the WiFi driver from our ICS source works perfectly fine. I'm just going to leave it at that.

Reactions: je2854

iHateWebOS

Aug 20, 2012
atglen,pa
OK just to squash what started this. I know for a FACT that the WiFi driver from our ICS source works perfectly fine. I'm just going to leave it at that.

I'm sorry :eek:. I was misunderstood no trolling intended. What I meant is that HTC didn't send a hybrid kernel all HTC ICS kernels boot aosp up to cm9 with almost full functionality. I saw a screen shot of cm10.1, well that's jellybean and that will also boot with ICS kernel. However when CM went from 4.1 to 4.2 they switched over to the bcmdhd driver for WiFi. So when compiling CM10.1 you will need to make this change in the kernel.

Edit: same for sense 4. ICS sense 3.6 uses bcm4330 sense4/cm10.1 use bcmdhd. That's all I wanted to say

Last edited:

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I'm sorry :eek:. I was misunderstood no trolling intended. What I meant is that HTC didn't send a hybrid kernel all HTC ICS kernels boot aosp up to cm9 with almost full functionality. I saw a screen shot of cm10.1, well that's jellybean and that will also boot with ICS kernel. However when CM went from 4.1 to 4.2 they switched over to the bcmdhd driver for WiFi. So when compiling CM10.1 you will need to make this change in the kernel.

No it doesn't for this kernel. The bcm4329.ko module works just fine for jb on the bolt. I know you're not trolling. Im just trying to inform you that the bolt kernel is actually a little different. The WiFi module from the ICS source compiles with cm10.1.

iHateWebOS

Aug 20, 2012
atglen,pa
Sorry guys. Anyway I'll play with this for a little bit tomorrow and send Santod some pull requests to make his life a bit easier.

solcam

May 8, 2010
Great work Santod. Bliss Rom doesn't have that script, so I'm still good right? Just install, apply governor, and jam?

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Great work Santod. Bliss Rom doesn't have that script, so I'm still good right? Just install, apply governor, and jam?

Yes sir, that's correct.

I went ahead and added the Aosp OC'd NuK3RN3L for Jelly Bean and ICS Aosp roms(CM9/CM10) to the OP.
It now has working wifi on both cm9 and cm10 for those interested.

Last edited:
Your link points to the original kernel you posted. I went to your page and found the correct one. :p

Edit: I'm not too sure. I tried the "-NuK3RN3L-
Aosp NuK3RN3L, with working wifi on Aosp ICS and Jelly Bean.
Only use this for this one on Aosp roms. (CM9/CM10)" kernel which wifi wouldn't work for me but the LagFree version worked flawlessly.
Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

Last edited:

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Your link points to the original kernel you posted. I went to your page and found the correct one. :p

Edit: I'm not too sure. I tried the "-NuK3RN3L-
Only use this for this one on Aosp roms. (CM9/CM10)" kernel which wifi wouldn't work for me but the LagFree version worked flawlessly.

Thanks, Link fixed...

Reactions: Shadow Death

iHateWebOS

Aug 20, 2012
atglen,pa
Tb users are lucky to have Santod. He's always around it seems. When I was looking for testers, he was the only person that responded to me :D . great dev y'all got here. :thumbup:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Tb users are lucky to have Santod. He's always around it seems. When I was looking for testers, he was the only person that responded to me :D . great dev y'all got here. :thumbup:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

I was going to but when I read your post I was running around town like a mad man.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★ ☆ [Kernel] NuK3RN3L | s2w+s2s | 01-21-14 | 1,900MHz | 3.0.84 | Sense/AOSP | ☆ ★

-NuK3RN3L-

OVERCLOCKED
    Edition

Now added!

Santod's Mecha ICS Sense/AOSP Kernel

santod_tardis_header6.png

DOWNLOAD:

NuK3rn3l mecha Final

sweep2wake
    sweep2sleep
    16 Governors
    TCP Controls
    Zram/Swap
    Linaro
    OTG
    01-20-14

Use Trickster Mod to enable Wake options

You need an updated version of Busybox from the Play Store to use Trickster Mod.
    Once that's installed, open it and run the installer.
    Then you can install Trickster Mod, grant it su permissions, and use it to enable s2w+s2s and adjust all other kernel settings and tweaks.
    Trickster Mod can be found here.

-NuK3RN3L-
    stock frequencies
    current build

~ or ~

NuK3RN3L-
    Overclocked Edition
    1,516MHz Default/Max
    current build 6-25-13

+ LagFree

-NuK3RN3L-
    Only use this for this one on Aosp roms. (CM9/CM10)

[URL="http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23017610006233856"]NuK3RN3L ICS/JB Aosp OC Edition

[/URL]

These have been well tested, but use at your own risk!
    I am not responsible for you or your device or anything that you do to it!

Included Governors:

• SavagedZen
      lulzactive
      adaptive
      hyper
      scary
      skywalker
      brazilianwax
      fantasy
      SmartassV2
      interactive
      conservative
      userspace
      powersave
      lionheart
      ondemand
      performance

How to install:

Flash zip in Recovery
    Wipe cache and Dalvik cache
    Reboot

This can be flashed to any current ICS roms! ;)
    Sense and AOSP!

NuK3RN3L was initially built for Sense roms, it has been confirmed to be working on Joe Black's latest CM9 build, though it needs a little camera patching...
    Looks like we may have an AOSP/Sense ICS Hybrid Kernel.
    On Aosp, Data and Netflix do work, camcorder not yet.
    Will work on things with Joe to improve this.

I will try and update my git repo every 7-90 days until I automate it into my buildbox process...

Compiled using the 4.4.3 gcc toolchain.
    Big thanks to my buddy Ziggy for his help and inspiration.
    XXPachaXX for his work on msm7x30
    Flemmard for his work on msm7x30
    Also to HTC for finally releasing the source code...
    HTCDEV Source files: my copy

Just tried the new kernel for CM9 and wireless tether is not working as well as USB mass storage mode. Anyone else having an issue with either of these? I wiped cache and dalvik but didn't do a full wipe because I'm lazy and didn't want to have to set everything back up, is that the issue?

The issue is, you are dealing with a brand new kernel, built from actual ICS source for the Thunderbolt.
    Whereas, CM9, was compiled and patched to work with older existing GB source.
    So, you will have some things on the current CM9 build which was made before source, that won't work due to the built in GB source, such as the camcorder not functioning, funky Ril connections, Netflix..etc.
    Whereas with the new kernel Netflix works, display is smoother, data/ril should get better, as more builds are made working the source into them as well.
    Can't have a rom compiled using blobs from GB, to work on ICS and then use the proper source to make a kernel and expect it to fix everything.(may be a good Q. for rom thread)
    The rom now has to be redone essentially in order to fully utilize this new kernel for everything it offers.
    As of right now, it's a trade off to use either kernel, some stuff will be broken either way.
    Things all need to be dialed into the new source, until that happens, you are looking at a properly compiled ICS/JB kernel on a ICS/GB rom.
    I'm sure once CM9 is reworked, it should all come together much better. Been talking with Joe about this.
    That is the issue, if that helps explain all these little questions at this point in time. I hope that it does.

Let me know. :)
    There are other full ICS roms here as well...which work quite well with it.

Not self promoting, just stating facts, in case anyone is interested and maybe unaware.
    NuK3RN3L is also now booting with AOSP JellyBean.
    Stay Tuned!!!!

Screenshot_2013-06-23-01-54-57.png
    Congrats on RLS brosif :) these guys are lucky you are still carrying the infected flame for this phone !!!!
    I think that's a great idea! I would love to see any updates or news on the JB development. Alpha and Beta releases could be an added bonus.

There's not much point in doing that at this stage.
    There was a preview posted.
    I don't think a thread full of questions or ETA requests will help much.
    There is a thread HERE regarding status, but it's not something any of us that are working on it started, or are going to be updating regularly.
    There's not much to report regarding status on any regular basis anyways.
    It can pretty well be summed up by saying, everything works except radio(data,sms,calls,etc) at this point.
    When/if that gets resolved, it will be ready for consumption.
    Not a lot to talk about until then, as far as progress.
    I'm sure the hours and miles of logs we have would just bore everyone to death anyways.
    Trust me, it's being worked on by several of us and many many many hours have been poured into it already.
    When it's done, everyone not hiding under a rock will know.

As was mentioned when the preview was posted, there was no desire to make a thread for it or to do a lot of discussion based on it.
    It was just something for everyone to play with while they wait.