[ROM][4.3][03/12]Slim Bean - I9100 [Build 2.2][FINAL]

Search This thread

HardCorePawn

Mar 24, 2009
Auckland
SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
  2. Notification drawer & lockscreen Shortcuts
  3. SlimPIE
  4. Customizable NavBar
  5. QuickSettings custom Shortcuts
  6. Full hardware key rebinding!
  7. SlimCenter
  8. ..and much more!

Important Notes:

• NO ETA's...
  • Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with our mods.
  • Read the Change-log and installation instructions carefully.
  • Feature requests will be ignored in general, but we will review ( if a relevant commit or source is provided) and then decide.
  • Please provide a logcat if reporting a bug.
  • Strictly NO ports based on our ROM zip (official or unofficial build) file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source.
  • No discussions/screenshots etc in the thread about battery life, "best settings/gov/scheduler" for "best battery life" etc... see here for the reasons why...

Need to find a feature? Want to see screenshots? Check out SlimBean's features!

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
  • IRC: #slimusers @ freenode
  • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
  • Google+ [link]
  • Twitter [link]
  • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
For Most Users
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
  • Download the latest build from [here]
  • Gapps ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
  • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
  • Flash ROM and the gapps you want, reboot

FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

To get root working go to Settings/Developer options/
Then change the option "root access" to "apps and adb".

Help us out!
If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
You can find the full list of credits here

Source
Please visit here for the rom source code.
Kernel source can be found here

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][4.3][03/12]Slim Bean - I9100 [Build 2.2][FINAL], a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
HardCorePawn, http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1663702
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.2
Stable Release Date: 2013-12-03
Current Beta Version: 1.9
Beta Release Date: 2013-10-21

Created 2013-09-07
Last Updated 2013-12-13

Last edited:

HardCorePawn

Mar 24, 2009
Auckland
SlimBean 4.3 Build 2.2

Stable Build 2.2 is live! Please read the Changelog for more details including proper upgrade/installation methods, as well as notes on activating root and restoring with Titanium Backup. Changelogs since build.1: here, here, here, here and here

Changes, Features & Fixes:
Changelog from Build 2 to Build 2.2
  • i9100: autorotation reboot bug fixed
  • SuperUser security fixes
  • Several BT fixes
  • Selinux security enhancements
  • LID control fix
  • some translation upstream
  • nearly all device got device and kernel updates

Last edited:

HardCorePawn

Mar 24, 2009
Auckland
Please note these builds are no longer under development! - we've moved to 4.4 ;)

Known Issues:
General:
  • New YouTube from google can cause pixelated video in HD - when you run into this issue you can only use the older YouTube version till google hopefully fixes it with an update
  • Recents screen in expanded desktop shows on some apps a black thumbnail
  • uninstalling/updating apps may cause a soft reboot.....nothing major...app is uninstalled/updated correctly. The system just tries to clear the app completly. Can usually be prevented by "Settings -> Apps -> APPNAME -> Force Stop" before uninstalling.
Device Specific:
  • FCs on bootup after flashing AIO (and/or Aroma) Gapps... see below for fix - Fixed!
  • Random reboots on auto-rotate (mostly when using YouTube and/or Camera) - Fixed!
  • libskia.so related FC on OfficeSuite and sync.me (and possibly others)... see below for fix

4.3 mini-FAQ
  • Q) Root doesn't work!
  • A) From a clean build you need to enable root access for Superuser itself. This is different from 4.2.2 in which Superuser by default had root access on a new install. To do this, go to Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. If an app attempts to request root access before Superuser itself has access, it may cause problems with that app in the future where root requests are silently denied.

• Q) Developer Options? What Developer Options? I don't see that in Settings??!?
  • A) By default, this is conveniently hidden from view... as it does contain settings and options that can (and will) break stuff if you don't know what you're doing. If you require access to this, Settings -> About Phone... Then tap on the Build Number 7 times.

• Q) Titanium Backup isn't restoring apps!
  • A) Either you haven't enabled root (see above) or you need to update to latest TB

• Q) QuickOffice, sync.me (insert other app here) FC's, logcat shows libskia.so issue... what do I do?
  • A) Get the libskia.so from here... remount /system as RW, push libskia.so to /system/lib/libskia.so, then set permissions on it to 644... (TIP: use ADB or root explorer of your choice)

• Q) FM Radio?
  • A) Only solution is "Spirit FM Unlocked"... We don't have code for Samsung's FM Radio framework from Stock ROMs... and their app won't work without it... #blameSamsung

Last edited:

mehas

Jul 11, 2012
I'm glad you're back and ready to continue building.
Downloading... :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 SlimBean 8 + DorimanX 9.38

sm.vassallo

Oct 12, 2011
Will the Mali drivers be released by Samsung, as the ROM is a no go without them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: !n0x

sm.vassallo

Oct 12, 2011
Sorry the ROM is great, just any games freezes. From what I am reading there are different revisions of the S2 and some are more sensitive than others to the drivers. Samsung based ROMS work fine, I guess I am just unlucky.

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
Sorry the ROM is great, just any games freezes. From what I am reading there are different revisions of the S2 and some are more sensitive than others to the drivers. Samsung based ROMS work fine, I guess I am just unlucky.

well...here everything runs fine....still on 4.2.2. tho....but anyhow.....I never had issues with games....the hard ones....so...go figure what Samsung did backthere to gain profits from people:eek::silly:...

sm.vassallo

Oct 12, 2011
Yeah true, jumping to the LG G2 in October, also see what Google come out with for the Nexus 5

SimboXXX

Jun 7, 2010
Nice one, and thanks :) Downloading...
What's the situation with S2 Advanced device settings, are they included?

Edit: yes, advanced settings are in. Thanks :)

Last edited:

leechseed

Jun 27, 2012
Nice :D
Flashed @fusionjack s beta3 about 24 hours ago and now im on @HardCorePawn beta3 :D

Just one question, what is this? ConfigUpdater ! ?

Slim-4.3|i9100¬Tapa2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377532308043.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377532308043.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,379

sancho55

Oct 22, 2010
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer & lockscreen Shortcuts
    3. SlimPIE
    4. Customizable NavBar
    5. QuickSettings custom Shortcuts
    6. Full hardware key rebinding!
    7. SlimCenter
    8. ..and much more!

Important Notes:

• NO ETA's...
    • Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with our mods.
    • Read the Change-log and installation instructions carefully.
    • Feature requests will be ignored in general, but we will review ( if a relevant commit or source is provided) and then decide.
    • Please provide a logcat if reporting a bug.
    • Strictly NO ports based on our ROM zip (official or unofficial build) file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source.
    • No discussions/screenshots etc in the thread about battery life, "best settings/gov/scheduler" for "best battery life" etc... see here for the reasons why...

Need to find a feature? Want to see screenshots? Check out SlimBean's features!

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @ freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Gapps ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the gapps you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

To get root working go to Settings/Developer options/
    Then change the option "root access" to "apps and adb".

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][4.3][03/12]Slim Bean - I9100 [Build 2.2][FINAL], a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    HardCorePawn, http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1663702
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.2
    Stable Release Date: 2013-12-03
    Current Beta Version: 1.9
    Beta Release Date: 2013-10-21

Created 2013-09-07
    Last Updated 2013-12-13
    Just a general update for the i9100 Slim users...

1. Build 2.2 *is* coming... testing has just been held up on a couple of devices, which unfortunately has slowed down the release :( It will fix the annoying auto-rotation bug :victory:

2. SlimKat 4.4 for i9100 progress is coming along nicely.

zhpxy2gl.in5.png

Thanks to the work of the Slim team, the guys at omnirom and the CM devs... I managed to cobble together a fairly solid 4.4 build for i9100... Most of the "important stuff"™ (Phone calls, WiFi, BT, browser, messaging, camera) works... I finally managed to get selinux set to permissive, which I think was responsible for a few of the issues I was having... the little graphical glitches on rotation and when taking screenshots are gone... hell, even the libskia issue that generates FC's in Officesuite and/or Sync.me on 4.3 has disappeared!

However, it doesn't have all the Slim features from 4.3 (no SlimPIE etc) as they have yet to be ported/recoded to fit 4.4 frameworks, and currently, the video recording is broken (it breaks the camera until you reboot), but I think I know how to fix that (found some commits on omni gerrit)... once I've confirmed that the video camera is OK, I'll post up an "unofficial" release...

Thanks for your continued support and patience...
    Progress... ;)

t3uzh5u5.zz0.jpg

There are still a few issues... like sdcards not mounting (hence why it isn't a screenshot, but a blurry pic taken from my N4! :silly:), SELinux on enforcing, WiFi not working... and I suspect about a million other broken things... but at least it boots :victory:

ps. Friendly reminder... DO NOT ASK FOR ETAs!!
    SlimBean 4.3 Build 2.2

Stable Build 2.2 is live! Please read the Changelog for more details including proper upgrade/installation methods, as well as notes on activating root and restoring with Titanium Backup. Changelogs since build.1: here, here, here, here and here

Changes, Features & Fixes:
    Changelog from Build 2 to Build 2.2
    • i9100: autorotation reboot bug fixed
    • SuperUser security fixes
    • Several BT fixes
    • Selinux security enhancements
    • LID control fix
    • some translation upstream
    • nearly all device got device and kernel updates
    Please note these builds are no longer under development! - we've moved to 4.4 ;)

Known Issues:
    General:
    • New YouTube from google can cause pixelated video in HD - when you run into this issue you can only use the older YouTube version till google hopefully fixes it with an update
    • Recents screen in expanded desktop shows on some apps a black thumbnail
    • uninstalling/updating apps may cause a soft reboot.....nothing major...app is uninstalled/updated correctly. The system just tries to clear the app completly. Can usually be prevented by "Settings -> Apps -> APPNAME -> Force Stop" before uninstalling.
    Device Specific:
    • FCs on bootup after flashing AIO (and/or Aroma) Gapps... see below for fix - Fixed!
    • Random reboots on auto-rotate (mostly when using YouTube and/or Camera) - Fixed!
    • libskia.so related FC on OfficeSuite and sync.me (and possibly others)... see below for fix

4.3 mini-FAQ
    • Q) Root doesn't work!
    • A) From a clean build you need to enable root access for Superuser itself. This is different from 4.2.2 in which Superuser by default had root access on a new install. To do this, go to Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. If an app attempts to request root access before Superuser itself has access, it may cause problems with that app in the future where root requests are silently denied.

• Q) Developer Options? What Developer Options? I don't see that in Settings??!?
    • A) By default, this is conveniently hidden from view... as it does contain settings and options that can (and will) break stuff if you don't know what you're doing. If you require access to this, Settings -> About Phone... Then tap on the Build Number 7 times.

• Q) Titanium Backup isn't restoring apps!
    • A) Either you haven't enabled root (see above) or you need to update to latest TB

• Q) QuickOffice, sync.me (insert other app here) FC's, logcat shows libskia.so issue... what do I do?
    • A) Get the libskia.so from here... remount /system as RW, push libskia.so to /system/lib/libskia.so, then set permissions on it to 644... (TIP: use ADB or root explorer of your choice)

• Q) FM Radio?
    • A) Only solution is "Spirit FM Unlocked"... We don't have code for Samsung's FM Radio framework from Stock ROMs... and their app won't work without it... #blameSamsung