Purchased a JavaCard for S-OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Sonic2756

Sep 13, 2012
Denver
www.htc.s26tech.com
Since I got a whole bunch of PM's regarding this, I decided to make a thread generalizing everything.

Last week, I was denied the ability of unlocking my bootloader a mere hour before getting home I decided to find some other way to free my phone.

A few friends and I pooled together and purchased a JavaCard and the required files to be able to do things like S-OFF, factory unlock, etc.

Everything wont be here till next week (Tuesday/Wednesday) so I won't be able to provide proof and all that until then. However, I will be able to do 5-10 S-OFF's free of charge to any known devs who feel they would be able to use an S-OFF'd phone to provide the community with a public way to unlock our bootloaders/S-OFF etc. To anyone else, I'll be able to do about 250 phones or so via this one card. If anyone wants to talk more about this over PM feel free to contact me.

Edit: To clear up confusion. You CAN unlock your bootloader with S-OFF. You just have to change your CID via fastboot and unlock via HTCDev.

Last edited:

Sonic2756

Sep 13, 2012
Denver
www.htc.s26tech.com
Can someone explain what a Javacard is? How it works? Does the phone have to be mailed to the person doing it?
A JavaCard is a signed micro SD from HTC with some diag files on it. I'm not quite sure how it works as I don't have it yet :p. However I do know that I can achieve S-OFF with it so I can change my CID. Which means I can unlock my bootloader :D.

But yes your phone has to be mailed to whoever has the card.

Last edited:

Gornul

Aug 30, 2010
SD, CA
Possible to reserve a space for when you're up and running and after you've handled any still-locked Devs (who are obviously priority)?

josh995

Oct 15, 2010
Stafford, VA
Unlock as in carrier unlock or bootloader unlock?

Bootloader. Everyone on this forum wants boot loader unlock. I think the Verizon HTC One is already carrier unlocked due to the agreements for the 700MHz Verizon purchased. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I have the same question as crazyg0od33. We can do just unlock right, we don't have to have s-off?

Last edited:

Sonic2756

Sep 13, 2012
Denver
www.htc.s26tech.com
Bootloader. Everyone on this forum wants boot loader unlock. I'm think the Verizon HTC One is already carrier unlocked due to the agreements for the 700MHz Verizon purchased. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

OP: I have the same question as crazyg0od33. We can do just unlock right, we don't have to have s-off?
I was referring to carrier unlocks. I forgot about the FCC agreements VZW made. But yeah its only S-OFF. You'd have to get your phone S-OFF'd and then change the CID and unlock via HTCDev.

Reactions: thom2k

crazyg0od33

Aug 10, 2010
I was referring to carrier unlocks. I forgot about the FCC agreements VZW made. But yeah its only S-OFF. You'd have to get your phone S-OFF'd and then change the CID and unlock via HTCDev.

Oh ok - when I saw 1 credit to unlock I figured it meant you could bootloader unlock with the card and have another credit left over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I got a whole bunch of PM's regarding this, I decided to make a thread generalizing everything.

Last week, I was denied the ability of unlocking my bootloader a mere hour before getting home I decided to find some other way to free my phone.

A few friends and I pooled together and purchased a JavaCard and the required files to be able to do things like S-OFF, factory unlock, etc.

Everything wont be here till next week (Tuesday/Wednesday) so I won't be able to provide proof and all that until then. However, I will be able to do 5-10 S-OFF's free of charge to any known devs who feel they would be able to use an S-OFF'd phone to provide the community with a public way to unlock our bootloaders/S-OFF etc. To anyone else, I'll be able to do about 250 phones or so via this one card. If anyone wants to talk more about this over PM feel free to contact me.

Edit: To clear up confusion. You CAN unlock your bootloader with S-OFF. You just have to change your CID via fastboot and unlock via HTCDev.
    To anyone who doubted me.

Card: http://d.pr/i/YMXy

S-OFF: http://d.pr/i/VHkx
    I've considered buying an extra credit from him and seeing if he'll hold it for me, but I don't want to take away from other people if he runs out. Never know when you'll be sending your phone in to get replaced and an exploit may or may not come.

This I am afraid of as well. What if we need to send in for repair or get a refurb? :eek:
    If anyone had to go get their phone swapped or something I'd be happy to do it free of charge if you can cover shipping getting here. I'll handle return shipping.
    I fixed the bricked phone! :D.