Ahhh Help!! Speakphone switches on in-call!

Search This thread

domyue

Sep 11, 2007
London
I just got the X1 today and I've already experienced a major problem. When I call a number and it gets through, everything is normal

But if I call a number that is engaged, the engaged tone is played out via the loudspeaker and NOT the earpiece. Is there a way to change this?? Its blasting the "doo doo doo" near my ear when I happen to call someone who's engaged!!

Thanks a lot!! I can't use this phone properly until I get some help on this!
:(

mo.ammi

Jan 4, 2009
I've also had this problem, it's annoying as hell.

Has anyone been experiencing this problem as well?

blackice168

Nov 27, 2008
this is normal on this phone, mine does the same. I've gotten annoyed of the calldrop sound and stopped it from playing via the registry.

domyue

Sep 11, 2007
London
oh... can you give me the exact file names and locations for these wav files??

So the engaged tone one and the call-drop one?

Thanks a lot!

blackice168

Nov 27, 2008
here is the call drop registry change:

Code:
HKCR\ControlPanel\Sounds\CallDrop

Script: erase "p"

I'm not sure what you mean by "engage tone". the calldrop.wav is located in \windows\

domyue

Sep 11, 2007
London
i found the locations thanks.

Can I just delete the entry instead of just deleting the "p" from the file name??

I'm actually thinking of extracting the Busy.wav and then making it softer manually using the Audacity program. BUTTTT - I tried to extract it to a folder, but after dragging it to the new folder, there's nothing in the folder. Like it never copied across. The weird thing is that when I copy busy.wav again, it asks me whether I want to replace the original (yet invisible) busy.wav file.

Any ideas on why this happens to busy and calldrop.wav files ONLY??? The others copy across as normal. Could it be the cause of the problems to begin with??

Thanks

blackice168

Nov 27, 2008
i'm not sure if you could just delete the "p". The "p" tells the phone to play the calldrop.wav. by deleting the p you're telling the phone not to play calldrop.wav

i haven't tried to copy the busy.wav i'm not sure why it would be invisable. what are you using to copy the files?

c_legaspi

Nov 25, 2008
i found that mine will play the busy signal on the loud speaker if i dont hang up the phone in a certain amount of time. when i call and get a busy signal, it will play thru the ear piece but if i forget to hang up, it will play thru the loud speaker. i think it does that on purpose to let you know that you did not properly end the call.

just my guess tho

domyue

Sep 11, 2007
London
its a mess... There's something special about this busy.wav file. Could be a deeper problem than first imagined. Well I just used a completely different file to do another "busy" tone.

I've uploaded it here if someone wants it. Just put straight across and change the relevant registry entry in the location that was mentioned above. Makes a perfectly decent engaged tone that isnt too loud but is just audible to you.

Attachments

• Busy1.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 23

craze209

Mar 22, 2009
i found the locations thanks.

Can I just delete the entry instead of just deleting the "p" from the file name??

Deleting the entry only may still play some system sound (not sure though)

I'm actually thinking of extracting the Busy.wav and then making it softer manually using the Audacity program. BUTTTT - I tried to extract it to a folder, but after dragging it to the new folder, there's nothing in the folder. Like it never copied across. The weird thing is that when I copy busy.wav again, it asks me whether I want to replace the original (yet invisible) busy.wav file.

Any ideas on why this happens to busy and calldrop.wav files ONLY??? The others copy across as normal. Could it be the cause of the problems to begin with??

Thanks

The busy.wav is marked as a "System file" and hence is not visible when you copy it to your PC. On your PC, open the folder where you put the file and goto Tools>>Folder Options in the pop-up window, goto the View tab and click on Show hidden files and folders as well as uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). This should show up the busy.wav file. :)