Computer doesn't recognize the NOTE anymore. (ADB or drive mapping)

Search This thread

Angelstify

Apr 8, 2012
same problem

Hey Mfractal, I'm having the exact same problem, i have car mode activating randomly, Usb not recognized in different pc's, symptoms are getting worse and now the phone is starting to act all weird with the battery guage, i plug the charger and the icon wont change to the lightning inside the battery as if the charger is not connected, after a while the icon will randomly show its charging, if i unplug it still displays its chrging?? Very weird, i think its hardware, im on stock rom and have never flashed the phone, very dissapointed with samsungs quality, the phone is only 3 months old, what did u do?

bucklee

Apr 16, 2011
Brooklyn
I also have a similar issue, anytime I install a clean ROM, I only get MTP connection option. So I gave up on Clean fresh install. I had to revert back using my back-up of previous RRom and it works again. I don't think it is hardware because It works perfectly, only when I do a clean Rom install, I have issues.

mfractal

Aug 1, 2009
Londrina
Hey Mfractal, I'm having the exact same problem, i have car mode activating randomly, Usb not recognized in different pc's, symptoms are getting worse and now the phone is starting to act all weird with the battery guage, i plug the charger and the icon wont change to the lightning inside the battery as if the charger is not connected, after a while the icon will randomly show its charging, if i unplug it still displays its chrging?? Very weird, i think its hardware, im on stock rom and have never flashed the phone, very dissapointed with samsungs quality, the phone is only 3 months old, what did u do?

i am afraid you have a similar issue to mine. you'll need to either service it if it's under warranty or go the self repair way and order the part like i did.
the only place i found to purchase the Connector Charge Port Flex Cable which is the part you need is on ebay uk :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...4&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160#ht_3514wt_1163

I also have a similar issue, anytime I install a clean ROM, I only get MTP connection option. So I gave up on Clean fresh install. I had to revert back using my back-up of previous RRom and it works again. I don't think it is hardware because It works perfectly, only when I do a clean Rom install, I have issues.

absolutely different software issue.

Angelstify

Apr 8, 2012
i am afraid you have a similar issue to mine. you'll need to either service it if it's under warranty or go the self repair way and order the part like i did.
the only place i found to purchase the Connector Charge Port Flex Cable which is the part you need is on ebay uk :

absolutely different software issue.

Ahh man that sucks :( I have the worst of lucks when it comes to electronics, first Archos, worst purchase ever and now this, i thought Samsung was a reliable company. I had my phone purchased in the States and shipped to Ecuador, I'm wondering if warranty can served here, why did you go for the self repair way? were you out of warranty?, was it easy to do? and most importantly did it solve the issues?, sorry for so many questions:confused:, I guess that's what i get for been innovative, I might go to the dark side and get an iphone like everyone else, at least they work as advertised and longer then 3 months:mad:

mfractal

Aug 1, 2009
Londrina
Ahh man that sucks :( I have the worst of lucks when it comes to electronics, first Archos, worst purchase ever and now this, i thought Samsung was a reliable company. I had my phone purchased in the States and shipped to Ecuador, I'm wondering if warranty can served here, why did you go for the self repair way? were you out of warranty?, was it easy to do? and most importantly did it solve the issues?, sorry for so many questions:confused:, I guess that's what i get for been innovative, I might go to the dark side and get an iphone like everyone else, at least they work as advertised and longer then 3 months:mad:

I am actually in a similar situation to yours. I ordered mine off ebay from a seller in Hong Kong in December so technically I am still under warranty as are you. Problem is, Samsung only respects the warranty in the country of purchase.
As for the part replacement - haven't arrived yet. My fingers are crossed.
Oh as for the iphone - same crap happened to mine - after about 2 months the home button became unresponsive, sent it for repair where they had to replace the mobo.. One month after the warranty ended it broke again needing a mobo replacement uet again. So yeah... Don't think iphones are better in that regard.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

babaandnana

Oct 3, 2010
I have this situation too. I came from stock LA6 then about 2 weeks ago, I rooted the phone and downgraded to KJ1, and immediately flashed rocket rom 22 then rocket rom 23. Today, I wanted to transfer a bunch of photos to my pc however my laptop can't detect anything. I made sure that Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging is ticked.

Also, I used 3 data cables and all those cables have no problem at all as my LG Optimus 2x gets detected with the same cables (I tried switching phones on the same cable/USB port).

I hope somebody could find some work around.

P_stman

Mar 23, 2011
Avesta
have you checked in device manager what the computer identifies the phone as??
you could uninstall the device that the computer recognies the phone as and do a manual install.. it always works for me.

Even if the phone is just charging i can guarantee that the pc ses the phone as some kind of device, usually with a little yellow question mark on it.

babaandnana

Oct 3, 2010
have you checked in device manager what the computer identifies the phone as??
you could uninstall the device that the computer recognies the phone as and do a manual install.. it always works for me.

Even if the phone is just charging i can guarantee that the pc ses the phone as some kind of device, usually with a little yellow question mark on it.

Well, that is the weird thing, I opened device manager expecting something to pop up or change when I plug or unplug the phone but nothing is going on.

mfractal said:
in my case the computer DOES NOT SEE the phone at all.

Looks like we are on the same team. :(

mfractal

Aug 1, 2009
Londrina
I am still waiting for the replacement charging port daughter board to arrive. Hopefully it will resolve my issues

Sent from my CM9 powered Galaxy Note

babaandnana

Oct 3, 2010
Hopefully it will. But I still am hoping it is just running in conflict with one of the applications I installed, although it is less likely to be the reason.

syncopath

Oct 31, 2005
Amsterdam
Well I hesitate to give advice to one obviously much more advanced than me, but nothing ventured, nothing gained so here goes.

As you will be able to see from my recent posts I've been having a fine old time getting my Note rooted, but thanks to a number of really great XDA members I got there in the end. Anyway, along the way I also had PC-Note connection problems which led me to a few discoveries, one of which I don't see in any of the posts on this thread, so for what it's worth:

Go to Settings, Wireless and network, USB utilities, USB mass storage: tap "Connect storage to PC" button. Connect the cable. With a cheerful chime a little green Android should appear, triumphantly holding up a large USB symbol. Click the button "Connect USB storage". After a brief wait the little Android should turn orange with the message "USB storage in use".

I discovered that only with the Note in this state was flawless communication possible between Note and PC.

Well, just in case you hadn't tried something like this already...

mfractal

Aug 1, 2009
Londrina
Well I hesitate to give advice to one obviously much more advanced than me, but nothing ventured, nothing gained so here goes.

As you will be able to see from my recent posts I've been having a fine old time getting my Note rooted, but thanks to a number of really great XDA members I got there in the end. Anyway, along the way I also had PC-Note connection problems which led me to a few discoveries, one of which I don't see in any of the posts on this thread, so for what it's worth:

Go to Settings, Wireless and network, USB utilities, USB mass storage: tap "Connect storage to PC" button. Connect the cable. With a cheerful chime a little green Android should appear, triumphantly holding up a large USB symbol. Click the button "Connect USB storage". After a brief wait the little Android should turn orange with the message "USB storage in use".

I discovered that only with the Note in this state was flawless communication possible between Note and PC.

Well, just in case you hadn't tried something like this already...

thanks, i saw that advice in one of the other threads, and tried it, unsuccessfully.
Connection problems can be divided into two groups - software and hardware related. Unfortunately i fall in the latter category.

babaandnana

Oct 3, 2010
@Micronuts and syncopath

Thank you for the suggestions but those suggestions were already selected but its seems that our phones doesn't respond to it.

@mfractal

Holy Shoot! I got it to work man. I just placed a micro sd card and somehow it worked. :D it can now detect the internal and the external sd cards. Hope it will work with you mate.

Reactions: mfractal

ulyshut

Mar 26, 2012
i got the same problem but somehow i managed to fix. what i did was i install the droid explorer. On software it will detect your phone but not gnote something like numbers only and you can see the sd and ext card. after this i unplug the note from the pc then uncheck the debugging mode under applications wait for a couple of minutes then plug again to the pc and it detects. btw make sure the droid explorer is close when plugging the note again. it work for me but the problem is when i check the debugging mode again it doesnt detect. i think it is something to do with debugging mode when enabled while charging is cause the note and the pc problem.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Angelstify

Apr 8, 2012
Worked Also!!

Hey Mcfractal,

dude remember i had the same issues as yours?, i was going through your post again hoping you would have a successful update with the usb board replacement, from what i see you're still waiting for the piece to arrive, anyways i found this other thread that you also found yourself a while back: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1470082&page=5
and i gave it a shot and wualla, my phone was detected :) i cant take this as a final solution for i don't know how long this patch will last so im hoping your usb board replacement works out and you can maybe make a dis assembly video tutorial so i can have my usb board replaced as well.

Give it a try it might work for you too, i got a small piece of cotton and soaked it in alcohol, squeezed it to a damp almost dry point and pushed it in the usb port with a safety pin, the other thread mention some pointy plastic but couldnt find anything like that, the cotton did come out a bit dirty from dust and fluff, then i just removed the cotton and with the bare pin touched the contact pins & scraped them a bit and pushed them downwards not inwards gently, i don't
know if i did it right as the other guy described but the point is it worked,

I'm quit confused at this point to whats the problem in the port, and whats to assure me that once changed the same problem wont happen again?:confused:

zedd90210

Aug 18, 2006
Hi Mfractal,

did you received the replacement charging port?
Did it fix the problem?
I have exactly the same problem :-(

mfractal

Aug 1, 2009
Londrina
Hi Mfractal,

did you received the replacement charging port?
Did it fix the problem?
I have exactly the same problem :-(

Hey mate, no, unfortunately i haven't gotten it yet. However, a week or so ago, i plugged the note to the computer and it miraculously worked.
Don't know what to make out of it yet. Still waiting for the replacement part, and i will replace it even though it appears to be working again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do nand backup. Flash GB then try.
    #$%^@! Samsung USB drivers will be the death of us all.:mad:

I experienced something similar the other day: had the standalone drivers installed which worked well, then suddenly stopped for reasons known only to CIA and KGB, I suppose.

This is what helped:

1. uninstalled drivers
    2. installed fresh Kies *yecch*
    It seems to be hardware only.
    But as you have to move to service centre, once make last try to flash using pc odin. N i think, which is requires for warranty purpose too.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
    @Micronuts and syncopath

Thank you for the suggestions but those suggestions were already selected but its seems that our phones doesn't respond to it.

@mfractal

Holy Shoot! I got it to work man. I just placed a micro sd card and somehow it worked. :D it can now detect the internal and the external sd cards. Hope it will work with you mate.
    Hi mfractal,

I was wondering around the net to see if there was a related issue to mine.

I have experienced the same issue with my stock ICS GT-N7000.

Luckily i have warranty and asked for a repair already.

Possible reasons for this issue are ;

Extremely over heating.
    Using different chargers than whats originally supplied.
    Using non-original usb cabels and power surges.

I ll be muuuch more careful with my G note next time.