[GT-N7000][REF] Service Manual and Full Schematics

Search This thread

Carmageddon1984

Oct 8, 2010
Ok, and what kind of low level coding for example does it help with? What kind of ROM customization did it help you, or you know some ROMs used?
Also the FM audio example you have given - what does that help you achieve?

off topic, my biggest problem with the phone is that any ROM based on touchwiz is SLOW, and often lags even with only the absolute minimum I use installed...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000/L) Service Manual + Full Schematics.

After having spent considerable time trying to find any half-descent schematic of the GT-I9100, I was pointed to a Google search-link (thanks to an anonymous source) and came across the full schematics of the GT-N7000/L. This was a lucky strike since the only schematics for the I9100 that I could find, was encrypted, as I posted here. Why so? Because it is very similar in hardware and design to the GT-I9100.

We are interested in better understanding the hardware in this phone, so that we could (a) develop unbrickable-mod, (b) communicate with phone modem via a virtual serial interface over USB and/or from a local shell and (c) get proper and early debug output for development purposes. But there are many more good reasons...

So, in addition, I decided to put together the messed up pages for the Service Manual, in the right order together with the schematics.

So here you go (the combined):

Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000/L) Service Manual
    + Full Schematics

This download consists of 2 PDF files compressed with 7zip:

Samsung_GT-N7000_Service_Manual.pdf
    Samsung_GT-N7000_Schematics_Rev_07b_20110925.pdf

PS. The parts list should be somewhat similar to that of the GT-I9100 and if not, you may recreate it, using my script in the GT-I9100 Hack-Pack Add-On.

Hope this helps!

EDIT -- 2012-08-10 -------------------------------------------------

Apparently the schematics are not so "full" as I claimed previously. There are many missing pieces, although they show some of the most important connections. Sorry about that! (I will have to leave the title as is, in order not to screw up the search engines and other links.)

In addition it is worth noting that:
    a) I have good reasons to believe that some component labels are screwed up, including the block diagram, as usual...
    b) The similarities to the GT-I9100 are more limited that thought.
    Some interesting and useful excerpts.

The Application Processor (Exynos 4210) boot pins/modes:
    attachment.php

attachment.php

The Baseband Processor (Intel XG626) boot pins/modes:
    attachment.php

The Voice Processor (Audience earSmart™ eS305) Known as U207 and also used in the GT-I9300:
    attachment.php
    Bad news regarding "Unbrickable" on these devices - even on Exynos devices where the proper xOM resistor combo has been found, a critical piece of the puzzle (a USB-bootable IBL that does not enforce signature checks of the next step of the boot process) is missing.

Rebellos and company have it for Hummingbird but not Exynos - this is why Unbrickable does not currently exist for any Exynos device. :(
    It should be possible to short one of those xOM0-4 pins. Use the option in Odin to create a bootable SDCard. Boot from sdcard.

Notice the pull-up/pull-down configuration in the schematics of the iROM which are perfect for the shorting.
    download link totally broken now