Bionic .2233 - CDT.bin Problem

Search This thread

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Um, did you follow directions? As in, once you finish with RSD you have to turn off the phone and boot it into recovery and install the update. Skipping that step....not very wise since you'll leave your phone bricked. It's not "optional" as I say in the HoB OP.

Reactions: CinderCloud

CinderCloud

Jun 17, 2012
Um, did you follow directions? As in, once you finish with RSD you have to turn off the phone and boot it into recovery and install the update. Skipping that step....not very wise since you'll leave your phone bricked. It's not "optional" as I say in the HoB OP.

I really thought that I had followed everything correctly... I can open the stock recovery now, but there is an android on his side with his chest open.. I don't know how to push the update to my phone if I cannot boot it up. I feel like I cannot fix this....

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I mean, I put this stuff in the program not for it to be ignored. Messing with phones shouldn't be done just willy nilly.

echo.
echo o) Turn off the phone
echo o) While holding volume up and down, press power
echo o) When the menu comes up, volume down to Recovery, then press volume up
echo o) Wait for the Android to show up, then press volume up and down at the same time
echo o) Select 'apply update from sdcard' and select the latest ICS update
echo o) Select 'wipe cache partition'
echo o) Select 'reboot system now'
echo.
echo Wait for the phone to fully reboot before continuing.

That's from the script you ran.

CinderCloud

Jun 17, 2012
I really thought that I hadn't ignored anything.. I have had a few droid phones, and have rooted them, and used ADB interfaces. I just feel like I am in over my head right now.. I should have really taken my time...

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
All you need to do is press volume up and volume down at the same time on the Android screen, that brings up recovery, and then you apply the update from your sdcard-ext. Before rebooting, select the wipe cache option, and you're done.

CinderCloud

Jun 17, 2012
I placed the update on my sd-card, ran it, and it looked fine for a minute.

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
verifying update package...
installing update...
verifying current system...
updating BP...
updating LTE...
Removing unneeded files from preinstall...
Patching preinstall files...
assert, failed:apply_patch("/preinstall/KnowYourDevice
/Motorola_XT875_batterysave.3gp". "_". 140e183a7
9d9314fee193123d3a1a05d5fb99154. 4228521. 5faf88
2a9f143c2e45aad9c067233a43be8b. package_extract_fi
le("patch/preinstall/knowyourdevice/motorola_xt875_bat
terysave.3gp.p"))
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation Aborted

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Then your phone has not been flashed correctly. That says you've got some whacked mod installed to preinstall. The HoB flashes preinstall during the process, so, something is definitely not working on our phone.

CinderCloud

Jun 17, 2012
Then your phone has not been flashed correctly. That says you've got some whacked mod installed to preinstall. The HoB flashes preinstall during the process, so, something is definitely not working on our phone.

I would just like to go back to my clockworkmod recovery backup if nothing else can be done. Could I try again to flash it correctly another time? I am at least partially relieved to see the recovery menu at the least.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I honestly have no idea what state your phone is in at this point. I wouldn't begin to know what to tell you to do to get it back to its original state without bricking it. There's a whole bunch of troubleshooting that needs to be done to get it fixed. I'd need to see the swdl.txt file in the rsd directory for one. I need to know what version of RSD installed in the rsd directory. Etc. At this point I don't really have any good advice. I would work through the issues. That's the only way I know how to fix it.

CinderCloud

Jun 17, 2012
I have the SQDL.txt attached right now. Thank you again for helping me..My phone worked fine the other day, and now I feel like an idiot.

Attachments

• SWDL.txt
    18.3 KB · Views: 59

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Can you explain exactly what you're trying to do in the HoB?

09/29/12 22:20:36 ERROR: 11/14 flash preinstall "preinstall.img" -> USB error occurred while reading/writing. - on device ID 0.
09/29/12 22:20:36 [Device ID: 0] 11/14 flash preinstall "preinstall.img" -> USB error occurred while reading/writing.

That right there is BAD. VERY VERY BAD. That's a PC issue that I have no chance of fixing for you. But I'm puzzled by what I see in that log and need you to confirm exactly what options you're picking in the HoB and what your end goal is.

CinderCloud

Jun 17, 2012
I originally just read through your guide, and selected the options that seemed to make sense to me.. I I had the .905 update on my phone and I downloaded HoB and .244/.246 updates. Like an idiot I figure that I didn't need anything but those files... I didn't originally download FXZ or RSD because I thought that those were for downgrading/unrooting .905.. I installed .244 from copying the files over to the sd-card, and then running stock recovery. It gave me an error in the fastboot, and then I ran the Repair AP Fastboot ERROR. I then was at the spot I was at when I started talking to you in this forum.. I have followed all of your directions there on in. I told it no to transfer, no to check the md5, no to reboot into AP Fastboot, and then start when it asks if you want to flash with RSD, and it looked like it was going to work..

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
The reason I ask is it looks like you selected the reinstall option which isn't correct. You need to select the install option. And I would recommend a pc reboot and see if that fixes the USB error you got. You should not be connected through a USB hub, either. Once the rsd flash is successful then you can apply the update in recovery.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

CinderCloud

Jun 17, 2012
The reason I ask is it looks like you selected the reinstall option which isn't correct. You need to select the install option. And I would recommend a pc reboot and see if that fixes the USB error you got. You should not be connected through a USB hub, either. Once the rsd flash is successful then you can apply the update in recovery.

Alright, well I followed your suggestions, and it was acting up still. I am pretty sure that it is my PC seeing as the rear of the case shocks me at about 1-2 volts lol... I am downloading the files again on another PC that I am sure works perfectly. I just want to clarify this one last time. In the state that I'm in, should I run the FXZ, and then just reboot into stock recovery, and then apply the update?

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
You shouldn't be doing the FXZ at all. That's what I was trying to get at last night. You should just be doing the following:

o) Select 246 at the first menu
o) Select INSTALL on the second menu
o) Follow the directions.

PLEASE update to HoB 7.3.

CinderCloud

Jun 17, 2012
You shouldn't be doing the FXZ at all. That's what I was trying to get at last night. You should just be doing the following:

Ok good:) I totally thought that would be the wrong thing to do lol. I updated to 7.3 too.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Good. Then do the steps I outlined and it should fix it. Remember to get the drivers installed on the other PC and NOT USB 3.0.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to use the reinstall 242 option. If you selected the 242 install option and then used the repair ap fastboot option you essentially just flashed the 242 Cdt.bin. You have no choice but to install 242 or you will stay bricked. I don't even want to know how you got into this situation....

It WILL NOT CHARGE in that state. You need to externally charge it. Otherwise you're just wasting your time.
    You're most welcome. Enjoy!!

Try the 246 FXZ and see what happens. No other ideas except a trip to VZW.