SOLVED - AOSP 4.2 browser from Nexus 7 - Request.

Search This thread

Turbotab

May 2, 2011
REQUEST OVER - I NOW HAVE A COPY OF AOSP 4.2 BROWSER- SEE POST #5 FOR THE APK.

I'm on the hunt for the latest AOSP browser apk (4.2), does anybody have a copy, they could kindly post for us users who hate Chrome:D

Last edited:

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Thanks for trying, but that is the browser from 4.1.1, I'm looking for the one pulled from a AOSP 4.2 ROM.
I'm not sure there is a browser.apk in 4.2 (just chrome) but that one works fine if you rename both:

/system/app/browserproxyprovider.odex
/system/app/BrowserProxyProvider.apk

before dropping it in /system/app and changing its permissions to rw-r--r--

Reference

Reactions: davidwilson83

Turbotab

May 2, 2011
I'm not sure there is a browser.apk in 4.2 (just chrome) but that one works fine if you rename both:

Reference

No browser.apk directly from stock Nakasi 4.2, but it is available in 4.2's AOSP build, which user styckx kindly uploaded from his 4.2 AOSP build. I was running 4.1.1 AOSP browser on my N7 previously, but was curious if 4.2 AOSP brought any major changes.

#######

Request over, I now have the 4.2 AOSP browser, pulled a Nexus 7 build. It installed OK, not really much difference over the 4.1.1 AOSP browser, but still faster and smoother than Chrome Android.

Attachments

• Browser.apk
    2.2 MB · Views: 2,004

freakshow999

Oct 1, 2012
Long Beach, CA area
No browser.apk directly from stock Nakasi 4.2, but it is available in 4.2's AOSP build, which user styckx kindly uploaded from his 4.2 AOSP build. I was running 4.1.1 AOSP browser on my N7 previously, but was curious if 4.2 AOSP brought any major changes.

#######

Request over, I now have the 4.2 AOSP browser, pulled a Nexus 7 build. It installed OK, not really much difference over the 4.1.1 AOSP browser, but still faster and smoother than Chrome Android.

Update for 4.2 you need to rename the file called browser.odex as well as the ones mentioned before if they exist.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

One more thing no flash support. It actually locked up on the adobe flash page. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash still a no go. I'm still really glad we have the browser working!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

S0nico

Mar 30, 2008

#######

you have original files BrowserProviderProxy.apk and BrowserProviderProxy.odex for stock ROM 4.2.1 ?

Tnks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Reference

#######

REQUEST OVER - I NOW HAVE A COPY OF AOSP 4.2 BROWSER- SEE POST #5 FOR THE APK.

I'm on the hunt for the latest AOSP browser apk (4.2), does anybody have a copy, they could kindly post for us users who hate Chrome:D
    Thanks for trying, but that is the browser from 4.1.1, I'm looking for the one pulled from a AOSP 4.2 ROM.

Reference