Root your Jellybean 4.1.2 bionic

Search This thread

himan1240

Feb 2, 2013
Soooooooo.....you didn't go read the link I posted, huh?

I actually just finished reading it. I was referring to the link to the exploit itself where Dan said something along the lines of THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR WINDOWS. I was just wanting to get a strong confirm or deny on whether I am SOL or not.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I actually just finished reading it. I was referring to the link to the exploit itself where Dan said something along the lines of THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR WINDOWS. I was just wanting to get a strong confirm or deny on whether I am SOL or not.

Well, it will NOT work on Windows. Which is why, if you read the instructions, he recommends downloading an Ubuntu LiveCD image and booting from it.

newbie40

Apr 15, 2013
Columbus
Thank you guys. I am somewhat new to Linux, will OpenSuse work? I have that. Or should I get Ubuntu?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

himan1240

Feb 2, 2013
Well, it will NOT work on Windows. Which is why, if you read the instructions, he recommends downloading an Ubuntu LiveCD image and booting from it.

Oh... Sorry, I am extremely new to all of this and am still trying to figure everything out. Thank you for your help so far along the way.

Just another quick question if you do not mind answering, in the instructions, towards the end, it says "make sure you are connected to WiFi", does this mean any WiFi network, or a network that connects the phone and comp? Thank you for your patience.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Thank you guys. I am somewhat new to Linux, will OpenSuse work? I have that. Or should I get Ubuntu?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

No idea. It should. As long as you can make the samba share, throw those files in it, connect to it from the remote file storage option in Files on your Bionic, you should be good to go.

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
Oh... Sorry, I am extremely new to all of this and am still trying to figure everything out. Thank you for your help so far along the way.

Just another quick question if you do not mind answering, in the instructions, towards the end, it says "make sure you are connected to WiFi", does this mean any WiFi network, or a network that connects the phone and comp? Thank you for your patience.

The linux install and phone must be on the same local network for this to work. That's because the phone has to connect to the linux install's samba file share. The phone ALSO has to be connected to the linux install's usb, as well.

danielrm2457

Feb 6, 2010
Wow! That was very easy. Now I can get my grocery list back from Titanium. ( you know, before the wife finds out and thinks I'm stupid)

johspa

Dec 6, 2010
Do not have "Files" app...

I am not sure what happened but I do not have the "Files" app... All I have is the ES File Explorer which does NOT mount the share "/storage/rfs0" in order to access the "pwn" file. Am I missing it? How do I get it back to mount the share? Is there another app I could use to mount the share without root. (A number of apps will mount but not with root access). I am dead in the water until I get this figured out... :crying:

Thanks...
johspa

SamuriHL

Aug 5, 2010
I am not sure what happened but I do not have the "Files" app... All I have is the ES File Explorer which does NOT mount the share "/storage/rfs0" in order to access the "pwn" file. Am I missing it? How do I get it back to mount the share? Is there another app I could use to mount the share without root. (A number of apps will mount but not with root access). I am dead in the water until I get this figured out... :crying:

Thanks...
johspa

It's built in to the OS, so, if it's missing, you're install is fubar. Might be time for an FXZ.

renonakal

Feb 21, 2012
Jakarta
[+] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[+] Device found.
[+] Pushing exploit...
3860 KB/s (366952 bytes in 0.092s)
4166 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.437s)
1595 KB/s (64391 bytes in 0.039s)
4203 KB/s (1578585 bytes in 0.366s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
[+] Rooting phone...
[+] Your phone may appear to reboot. Please ignore this and continue with the exploit.
/system/bin/sh: /storage/rfs0/pwn: not found
[+] Please press any hardware button on your phone.
[+] Don't worry if the phone is unresponsive at this time.
[+] Press enter to continue once you have pressed a hardware button.

help me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fact has it that not only is that true, I am in fact rooted again, and an exploit will be released later tonight. ;)
    Yes.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/topic/16518-[ROOT]-Motoshare-2:-Old-Bug,-New-Exploit

And it's released.
    Save yourself the effort. Motochopper only works on snapdragon based moto phones... For which the bionic is not.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
    Google for safe root and use it. Yes I know it's for the s4. Do it anyway. I'm in an airport or is link you to the moto version I hacked together. Only difference is I removed the KNOX crap from the script but if will work either way. Shhhhhh. Don't tell anyone it works on old omap phones. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
    I'm not going to lie...I had issues getting it to work and I already had my environment set up before we started. To get a feel for what you're in for, read through this....it's not exactly what needs to be done as Dan has changed it somewhat, but, the part about setting up the environment and downloading the exploit is the same.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2143437

I only post that to give you an idea of what you're in for...it's not the exploit that works...he hasn't released that yet and won't until he can fix a couple things that we ran into.

As for a one click, um, LMAO. Not so much, no. LOL.