Rom closest to vanilla Android like nexus 5?

Search This thread

KiLLa007

Jul 30, 2010
Hi there I'm running rooted stock 4.2.2 and want a rom that is closest to the look and feel of a nexus 5 but still has features such as LG remote and KnockOn while also have the always listening 'okay Google' feature of the nexus 5/Moto X. What are my options? Help would be much appreciated!

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Descendant X

Jun 12, 2012
Hi there I'm running rooted stock 4.2.2 and want a rom that is closest to the look and feel of a nexus 5 but still has features such as LG remote and KnockOn while also have the always listening 'okay Google' feature of the nexus 5/Moto X. What are my options? Help would be much appreciated!

Paranoid Android 4.0 is probably about the closest you'll get to KitKat. It doesn't appear to have the always listening feature, but it's a great ROM. I think it's the closest thing you can get to a stock Nexus 5 without actually buying the N5.

_Infamous_

Aug 14, 2010
Gardnerville

Mahdi ROM best ROM for g2 my opinion

Sent from my LG-d800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: NomadCF

tomemail

Nov 11, 2008
Jerseyville
[/COLOR]
CM11 is the correct answer. PA has a bunch of add-ons, as does Mahdi.

Any ideas on why I am having issues with LG G2 d800 rooted and unlocked using TWRP to flash some ROMS? I can flash...
CleanROM-SE-2.0
CyanogenMod 10.2
CyanogenMod 10.2.0-RC1-d800
with no problems, but when I try just about any other ROM, I get a red "failed" almost immediately after starting the flash.

Thank You!

Last edited:

lazer77

[/COLOR]

Any ideas on why I am having issues with LG G2 d800 rooted and unlocked using TWRP to flash some ROMS? I can flash...
CleanROM-SE-2.0
CyanogenMod 10.2
with no problems, but when I try just about any other ROM, I get a red "failed" almost immediately after starting the flash.

Thank You!

What recovery do you have?

Sent from my LG-D800

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
CM11 is the correct answer. PA has a bunch of add-ons, as does Mahdi.

Not true, Houstons PA builds have less customisation than CM11, yes in the future PA will have more than cyanogen (as it has before) but at the minute, PA is nearly stock, apart from helpful kernel tweaks.

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
[/COLOR]

CleanROM-SE-2.0
CyanogenMod 10.2

Thank You!

Ok what version of TWRP do you have installed. TWRP 2.6.3.2 has problems Fashing 4.4 ROMs and will say failure I know because the same thing happens to me. But if you upgrade to TWRP 2.6.3.3 you should be able to flash 4.4 ROMs no problem.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

KiLLa007

Jul 30, 2010
Thanks for the replies both PA and CM look great, I have no problems with either of them, the thing is I still want
some of the stock LG features like KnockOn (And Off) and QuickRemote as well as compatibility with the LG cover for the phone.

Is it possible to have all of this in a rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Mahdi ROM best ROM for g2 my opinion

Sent from my LG-d800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app