[Q] audio crackling

Search This thread

sony144

Mar 2, 2014
Hi, today i updated my g2 to kitkat and whenever i plug in my headphones, every single sound (listening to music, playing games, etc.) the sound crackles. My headphones are fine. Does somebody kniw how to fix this? Thank you

sony144

Mar 2, 2014
yep, I'm using AKG, then switched to Sennheiser and the noise is still there. I rebooted my phone, didn't help, then I factory reset it, still the same. It happend right after I updated to kitkat. Not sureif its a bug or a HW issue:X

Frutek

Jan 16, 2011
Warsaw
Since I updated my phone from D802-SEA-10F to Vodafone 20A i got same problem. When there's any audio playing over headphones I hear crackling and electronic noise in left earpiece. I've tried on few headphones - hifiman re262, akg k712 and stock lg. All headphones had same sound problems. I guess it's time to flash back the 4.2.2 and wait for SEA-20A...

Volftooth

Jan 19, 2013
me too.

reboot, factory reset, use another audio player, the crackles sound still there.

Last edited:

Frutek

Jan 16, 2011
Warsaw
This issue might be connected to the headphone amplifier software (maybe .taiko file). I tried connecting headphones over USB cable and there was no sight of this weird electronic noise.

Frutek

Jan 16, 2011
Warsaw
Before kitkat update I could hear very silent electronic noise in left earpiece too. But it was barely heard when there was no music playing ( and it was with hifiman re-262 which isn't very sensitive to that...). Right now this noise is loud (at same level as the music) and there's static noise too.

Frutek

Jan 16, 2011
Warsaw
I updated with the LG software not the OTA. Rolled back to 4.2.2 and everything is back to normal.

Last edited:

hardykalyan

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Same problem with KITKAT

I have updated to KITKAT on my system (manual update) with 80220A KDZ file and was facing the problem of hiss in my left earpiece. I rolled back to 4.2.2 and it works fine... the update really sucks in terms of audio....

mannequin

Feb 7, 2011
New York
thanks for this thread and heads up. looks like it's not worth updating for this issue alone, i love my perfect audio on 4.2.2.

hahdi

Mar 13, 2014
Hey guys, any update on this?

Im in a bad situation, updated to kitkat 4.4.2 vodafone OTA. The phone was brand new, it was the first thing I did.

The noise is also present in the left headphone, it makes listening to music unbearable.

It seems like I unfortunately can't downgrade?. So I'm stuck with this. Any way we can report the issue to LG?

appileh

Jan 25, 2014
Go to download mode and push your kdz file(4.2.2) in your phone and stay away from 4.4.2.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D802 met Tapatalk

appileh

Jan 25, 2014
Yep or wait 3-7 months until lg push the fix.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D802 met Tapatalk

fallenwout

Oct 19, 2011
Updated to 4.4.2 today and got the same issue. Noise on left channel when idle and electric crackles when playing music.
I got an expensive high fidelity headset which plays these distortions really well... in other words: headset are useless for music on the G2 from now.

ephumuris

Dec 7, 2008
Hull
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I must be really deaf as i can't hear this. There is always the option to force a downgrade to 4.2.2. But if it's a real issue then need to bombard LG with requests to fix it, ask for official statement on it. Get a timescale.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How on earth has this issue got past testing? And then subsequently still got pushed out across the world (today in the UK in my case)?

For a supposedly audiophile phone, it now sounds like a cheapo 1980s personal stereo.