Anyone go case free?

Search This thread

craigels

Jul 29, 2012
limerick
I have had spigen neo hybrid on my note 3 since I got it and yesterday I decided to take it off and it's like holding a new phone all over again... I have the tempered glass still on it and I'm loving the slimness of the device here's to hoping I don't have any accidents
Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

maxilick

Jun 27, 2008
Used to, but I recently had a miniature heart attack when my oldest cat saw my phone as a lovely new toy and tossed it off the table..... Now it doesn't leave my new Otterbox Commuter.

Lol my brat did similar luckily I have parquetry flooring.

Sent from my U30GT 2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rawrfische

Aug 6, 2011
California
I was case-less for the first week when I first bought my phone. Three days in, the darned thing slipped out of my hand and hit my stone floor from about three feet high. All I can say is that the metallic side lip of the phone crumples like paper mache upon impact.

Haven't gone case-less for more than a few minutes at a time since then.

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
I like case free feel of phones but i dont want to hurt them.
I have always used a gel silicone case and all my phones felt pretty much the same.
I got the note 3 and use just just a bumper. It stops the sides from getting messed up and takes a small impact.

MY girl has a bumper and silicone case. She was switching between them and just ended up going a few days without the case. She likes it but was scared the side would get all messed up so put the bumper back on.

js2892

Jul 28, 2012
Bangalore
I had just got my note 3 and I was on a lookout for cases. Within a day i spilled drops of water and cold drink:eek: (thank goodness i had got screen protector earlier). Plus the big size of phone makes it easy to be slipped, so ordered the Samsung S-View case for it's quality and functionality.

lvnatic

Dec 5, 2010
Iasi
I had just got my note 3 and I was on a lookout for cases. Within a day i spilled drops of water and cold drink:eek: (thank goodness i had got screen protector earlier). Plus the big size of phone makes it easy to be slipped, so ordered the Samsung S-View case for it's quality and functionality.

That's not a quality case, just an expensive one. The similar one from spigen is much better.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

js2892

Jul 28, 2012
Bangalore
That's not a quality case, just an expensive one. The similar one from spigen is much better.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Can't get spigen in India. Checked Ebay and Amazon and only quality product was OEM Samsung.
Also checked international shipping for spigen case, the cost was almost doubled and if chip goes bust, I'm skeptical they'll send a replacement chip internationally.
With Samsung I'll have peace in my mind:angel:

BigMcGuire

Nov 29, 2010
California
I go case free - I have most of the life of all my phones. I just can't stand how much thicker the Note 3 gets with a case - like holding a brick. It feels much better in my hands without a case. Yeah, I might regret it someday, but I get much more enjoyment out of a caseless Note 3. I tried, trust me I tried - I have sitting next to me a Spigen Neo Hybrid case. Yeah, it's a really good case and I didn't return it because I use it when I go out to places (like the LA Zoo, etc...). But the phone is just too thick with it on. Dangit, now I'm thinking about putting it on again after reading this thread. :p

Reactions: nabeelmoeen

Jfree3000

Jul 20, 2010
Metro Atlanta
I have been since I got my Demo Slick Wrap for the phone. I have never gone case free with any of my phones since the OG evo 4g, I usually buy a case the same day I get the phone.

I have had the wrap on for about two weeks now with no case and as mentioned its like having a brand new phone. The wrap is full body and (knock on wood) I have not had a drop as of yet but I keep in mind that I don't have a case on and try to take extra care when holding the phone.

txtech89

Jul 20, 2013
I switch between case less and my spigen neo hybrid case

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jamor414

Jul 15, 2010
I've been case free since 2010 but I just couldn't do it for this device. Maybe the size, but also for resale because I might buy the Note 4 retail and sell this. But to be fair it's actually just a cover because the back replaces the backplate (s-view samsung faux leather case) so it's very minimal.

I couldn't do a big plastic/silicone case though.

Lightyear25

Feb 3, 2011
Cincinnati
I have the Neo Hybrid, its nice but it does add a lot of bulk, and its not very comfy to hold in the hand. If you want slimness, the best best is to get a standard TPU case, like Diztronic or Spigen Slim Armor. Maybe even check to see if Casemate has a "Barely There" snap on hard cover.

I hope this helps.

TeleFragger

Account currently disabled
Jan 30, 2008
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
i am case free but looking at doing a case as I just dropped my phone for the 3rd time.. it is getting very battered up.. i have a chunk out of the case in the upper right (near front camera??), lower left and right... ughhhh...
looking at my phone now I think i see a crack about 1" to the left of the power button that goes from front to back...
I want a lifeproof but they dont make one and on ebay someone has "waterproof" but not submerge-able cases.. doing research now
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Waterpr...Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item1c3eb86eea

side note is I do not want to have something that screws together as I now use a 64gb micro sd in my dslr, take pic, put into phone and go to facebook quickly now...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I go case free - I have most of the life of all my phones. I just can't stand how much thicker the Note 3 gets with a case - like holding a brick. It feels much better in my hands without a case. Yeah, I might regret it someday, but I get much more enjoyment out of a caseless Note 3. I tried, trust me I tried - I have sitting next to me a Spigen Neo Hybrid case. Yeah, it's a really good case and I didn't return it because I use it when I go out to places (like the LA Zoo, etc...). But the phone is just too thick with it on. Dangit, now I'm thinking about putting it on again after reading this thread. :p
    I have been using 2 cases (Spigen Neo Hybrid & Spigen Slim Armor) since I got my phone and have used it a day here and there naked.

I love the naked feel but have a hard time leaving the house without a case. LoL

I have ordered a TPU case and waiting for it to arrive. I'm hoping this helps with the bulk that the Spigen case bring.
    LOL... will never go caseless... Everyone always wants to use my phone. Sister acts like it is hers... SO Neo Hybrid is my best friend. It has been dropped maybe twice since I had the case. I let my 2 year old niece watch Despicable Me 2 on it when ever I am at work at Parents Store and she is there. She has never dropped it since its like holding a TV for her.

I plan on getting a case for different events. Neo Hybrid for every day, slim armor for hard working. Obex(sp?) is next... since I live in a desert coastal city and its time for the Beach. Bought this for working out: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F8D80OC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Does this count?

ru9ejury.jpg

ugu2yga6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V

colorware?
    The back costs just a few bucks to replace, so I don't bother with a full case. The screen and trim are the most vulnerable so I went w/ just tempered glass and TPU bumper starting on GS3, then Note 2, and now w Note 3.

I look at it like this - it only takes one time to drop the phone and crack the screen or mar the trim.
    Imagine, this same conversation for a different topic...

"Do you wear condoms?"

"Hell no, I love the bare feeling. I haven't caught an STD or gotten a girl pregnant yet!"