[APP][4.2+][Nov 21- v0.47]DashNotifier - DashClock extension

Search This thread

umanx

Aug 25, 2011
Any way to use higher res icons? The built in ones are noticeably smaller and jagged compared to icons such as the DashClock weather.

Otherwise great app! :D

@oddlyshapedstickman: Thanks. I have tried improving the icons in 0.32. Let me know if it's better.

"Wakelock: If selected, screen will be turned on when Notification arrives."
I dont like iPhoneish Notification of turning screen on.

@Karlo666: It is an option. You can keep it unchecked if you prefer not to turn screen on.

Reactions: Karlo666

kataxoff

Nov 13, 2010
A question...

It's possible that previously you wrote "Root is needed to run this extension" and the changed to "Root is not needed to run this extension"
Or am I going crazy?
Thanks!

umanx

Aug 25, 2011
It's possible that previously you wrote "Root is needed to run this extension" and the changed to "Root is not needed to run this extension"
Or am I going crazy?
Thanks!

No, it was always root not needed. I just made it bold. And it doesn't root, never did.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Z3R0F4K3

Sep 8, 2013
Hi,
I do really like your app but I am missing a calendar icon. Keep up the good work :D

Last edited:

oddlyshapedstickman

Aug 10, 2012
London
@oddlyshapedstickman: Thanks. I have tried improving the icons in 0.32. Let me know if it's better.

Yeah it looks more high res, it just needs to be a larger size. Here is a comparison between stock SMS and Dashnotifier with SMS icon:

WyGRyVQ.jpg

My res is 1080p.

Last edited:

alirezaafkar

Aug 12, 2010
Tehran
It would be great if we could add shortcuts (actions) cause I use this app as launcher too!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
hey I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue....
since I have installed dashnotifier, my phone seems to not being going into deep sleep at all :S... not sure if its even this causing it or one of the other plugins...

umanx

Aug 25, 2011
hey I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue....
since I have installed dashnotifier, my phone seems to not being going into deep sleep at all :S... not sure if its even this causing it or one of the other plugins...

Have you checked this with better battery stats? Post your log here if you need help with that.

If you are not using the turn screen on option, then DashNotifier won't cause any wakelocks at all. If you are, then the wakelock is released as soon as it is acquired so I don't think DashNotifier would be the culprit.

gunza

Jan 2, 2008
I have two suggestions:

1) Be able to set a time out value for when the screen is waked that is separate from the system time out value. I currently use 1 minute time out and that is too long when receiving a notification. I would like it to wake for 5-10 seconds only.

2) Be able to rename the notifications after adding them to dashclock. With out clicking on each on and drilling down into it, there is no way to differentiate them from each other.

vgshah78

Aug 12, 2010
Ahmedabad
It's not working for me on Paranoid Android v3.99 (Android 4.3) rom. I am not getting any notification to work. Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello! I made an extension for DashClock that uses the NotificationListener service in 4.3 to show notifications from any application in DashClock. Maybe you guys could test it and provide feedback before I upload it to Play Store. Added as attachment to this post.

Permissions:
    Wakelock: If selected, screen will be turned on when Notification arrives.
    Another permission that is managed by DashNotifier, added for security (added in v0.4).
    Root is not needed to run this extension.

Now available directly on Google Play:

For the Beta versions, please join the Google+ community and then visit the play link store to get DashNotifier through Play store beta channel. I will publish updates on Play.

1. Join Google+ community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/115585480035899880126
    2. Download app from Play from play store: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.umang.dashnotifier

This app is always going to be free, feedback is all I ask for. And if you like DashNotifier, please spread the word around.

Changelog:
    v0.47:
    -Fixed crash on application selection (Italian)

v0.46:
    -Fixed notification not clearing issue
    -Added compatibility for Notifications that don't have titiles

v0.45:
    - Support for ADW compatible icon packs
    - You can now select an icon from other sources like Dropbox, Drive, File Managers etc
    - Hide choose icon option when not needed i.e. when Notification icon option is on
    - Fixed some FCs

v0.42 (beta):
    Support for Android 4.2.
    New icon. Thanks to Dima Skvarskyi
    Option to use icon from notification
    Search in application selection activity
    Hundreds of new icons. Thanks to Uppack
    (New icon selection dialog)
    Automatic icon setting on application selection
    Improved application selection with better performance.
    Total extensions now up to 11.
    Ability to disable extensions. You can now have anywhere from 1 to 11 extensions in DashClock through DashNotifier
    Up buttons in all activities
    German translation
    Option to hide notification number

v0.41:
    Fixed FCs

v0.4:
    1. Bigger extension icons. Matches standard DashClock size.
    2. Added Spanish and Italian translation.
    3. Ability to change extension title: with and without count for all three categories.
    1) with Application name 2) Custom title 3) Title from Notifcation
    4. Sectioned application selector
    5. Ability to change extension click behavior to desired application or shortcut
    6. Ability to Stack notification content
    7. Added about screen and link to google play
    8. Few more icons added - Instagram, Google Keep, Threema and, BBM(?)
    9. Fixed a potential security issue
    10. Code is now available on github at https://github.com/umanx/DashNotifier
    Note: Larger APK size is because of Android support library.

1. You can now select icon for an extension from gallery
    2. Moved around settings in settings screen
    3. Select icon shown in settings screen
    4. Option to ignore ongoing notifications for an app
    5. Improved feedback when notification access is off (Using crouton library)
    6. Option to show count (0) for persistent extensions
    7. Total number of extensions increased by 2. Now 7.
    8. Option to set custom extension title
    9. Few more icons added
    10. This is all I can recall
    Did some code refactoring for better maintainability (hopefully)

0.2:
    1. Fixed issue where notifications might not show up in DashClock
    2. Fixed FC when notification package doesn't have a launch intent
    3. Removed the confusing "accept" action bar item. It is visible only when the Notification access is off.
    4. Removed proximity sensor check - until completely fixed.
    5. Better looking icon selector
    6. Added two new icons
    7. Ongoing notifications are now shown without count.

For those want the wallpaper from screenshots: http://imgur.com/7WFu2N2
    Screenshots:
    QYC1gUS.png
    4k4eoo1.png
    qN7L2OW.png
    EoRRf9O.png
    37JeRWi.png
    ul2ah63.png
    txByHfr.png
    So this is similar to AnyDash?
    Similar to AnyDash Pro, and free. Also, this uses the 4.3 Notification service, not the Accessibility service.
    I use imo
    It has persistent notification and on new message it shows another notification.
    It your app had an option to don't show persistent notification it would be great

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Is there any way to get more than 5 notifiers on dashclock?

@pesiran I have added option to ignore ongoing notifications in v0.3. Check it out.
    @IAmAN00bie Added two more notifiers in v0.3. Total 7 now.
    I can't use this site.

Code:
    403. That’s an error.

Request not allowed from your country That’s all we know.

Download the attachment from my previous post. You may not be able to see it in a white background because it's white itself but it's there.

37JeRWi.png
    Wallpaper please! :victory:

Here you go
    http://imgur.com/7WFu2N2