[RUU] Google Edition Conversion. 4.4.2- 1.16.1700.16 -RUU Zip Non-Rooted & Pre-Rooted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [RUU] Google Edition Conversion. 4.4.2- 1.16.1700.16 -RUU Zip Non-Rooted & Pre-Rooted

This will NOT work on a CDMA HTC One GSM ONLY!

PSA: People have been reporting not being able to flash back to sense. When investigating this further I found that the system partition on the GPE is about half the size of the sense system partition. (just over a gig compared to like 2.8) This was not the case on the M7

So as of now once you convert, YOU CAN NOT GO BACK TO A SENSE BASED ROM UNTIL A RUU is RELEASED! Rest assured nothing is wrong with the RUU. If you did convert and want to go back you just have to wait for a RUU to be released then you can go back but flashing a sense rom in recovery wont work.

This thread is NOT to support changing your MID, Changing your CID, Rooting or Flashing a custom recovery. If you need to learn how to do any of those do NOT use this thread to post in. Post in the respective dedicated threads to complete these processes. This thread is ONLY to support flashing the RUU. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is NOT a general 4.4.2 discussion thread.

Furthermore, if you need any more detailed instructions than what's stated in this post then you really shouldn't be doing this to your device. If you need a "video" or ask for "step by step" instructions you will NOT get anything more than what's in this post (at least from me). There is no easier way to do this process, there is no easier way to explain it. If you read the post and still don't understand what to do then I advise you to leave your phone alone... Read and then read some more until you understand everything.. WE WILL NOT SPOON FEED YOU IN THIS THREAD!

This procedure is not easy and is not really noob friendly, well flashing the RUU is not really difficult but it's the prerequisites that are more complex/risky. If the instructions aren't clear enough for you or you require further hand holding then I'm sure most of us would advise you stay away from the process.

Also, please do not PM me for support. PM's will not be answered. Post it in the thread. It helps other's having the same issue find a solution. If it's over PM it only benefits you and not everyone else

Prerequisites

S-Off,
    ADB knowledge
    Fastboot knowledge

Instructions:

First you are going to have to have s-off on your device. Thread for S-off (and support for S-off) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2708464

Full Conversion 4.4.2 RUU ZIP containing System, Boot and all Firmware 1.16.1700.16

This will wipe EVERYTHING INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!!!! so make sure you back up the contents before running this, but you'll end up with a factory-fresh GE. Of course, there's still no support, warranty or responsibility implied or otherwise.

The 4.4.2 RUU Zip supports the following MIDs and CIDs if your MID or CID is not in this list you will have to modify the android-info.txt file in the zip to match your MID/CID

modelid: 0P6B12000
    modelid: 0P6B17000
    modelid: 0P6B*****
    cidnum: 11111111
    cidnum: T-MOB010
    cidnum: CWS__001
    cidnum: BS_US001
    cidnum: GOOGL001

(please note.. If your model id or cid is not supported you can open up the android-info.txt file that's in the zip and replace one of the model ids or cids listed to match yours.)

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU

Code:
    fastboot flash zip RUU-HTC_One_M8_GE-1.16.1700.16.zip

you will the following message:
    Code:
    FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)

Just run the same command again:
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip RUU-HTC_One_M8_GE-1.16.1700.16.zip

Code:
    fastboot reboot

Stock Non-Rooted 4.4.2-1.16.1700.16 RUU Zip: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407584639
    Mirror:
    MD5: eb56e73af883aa2d175032c7dc527dc8

Stock Rooted + busy box pre-installed 4.4.2-1.16.1700.16 RUU Zip: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407584640
    Mirror:
    MD5: b380f51a4a2b0e2a83c4d7bd92075ce5

If you want to flash a custom recovery you will have to flash back to stock recovery to get the OTA's
    You can get the GPE Stock recovery here

Special thanks to @pasker17 for allowing me to walk him through pulling all the partitions!!
    @beaups and crew for S-off

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, or flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. This process is not for the faint of heart so I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....
    Do we even need to unlock and root? It seems we can just use jcase method to gain temp root so that we can use firewater to get s-off and then off to the races? Or am I missing something?

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Do we need to do anything with radio? I thought we just gain the s-off and follow the steps in the OP?

I ask because we are leaving Sprint for T-Mobile tomorrow and I'm deciding between the Nexus 5 and M8 converted to GPE. :)

Not sure about weak sauce working or not, and you don't have to do anything with the radio. The radio that's with the GPE is fully compatible with tmo

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    From what you can tell, is LTE and every other radio working like normal?

It definitely should work just fine like the M7 GPE conversion. Didn't test it because I didn't have a Nano SIM. Its shipped off

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk