JOGGR Config Utility

Search This thread

am-imate

Feb 17, 2004
Cayman Islands
Silence Ringer

Hmmm, anyone know how to silence the ringer when a call comes in and you just want to "shut the phone up" without declining the call? With my Wizard you can just hit the volume slider, and it'll make the ringer go off.

Thanks for your help in advance.

JwY

Apr 3, 2005
i don't have mine yet, but did you try the joggr when the call comes in?

am-imate

Feb 17, 2004
Cayman Islands
Yep tried that.. Even put the JOGGR in volume only mode, and that didn't shut it up either... I know on a lot of other phones you tap the power button to shut it up, but no button's will do it. :(

I'll keep trying..

john1027

Jul 19, 2006
Virginia
I don't think there is a feature to do what you want. Ignore or the end button send it directly to vm as you no doubt have figured out already.

themandlh

Oct 26, 2006
I can touch the volume strip on the dash and it mutes the phone call.
I know, not very helpful, but thought i'd let you know.

davidology

Mar 26, 2006
Hmmm, anyone know how to silence the ringer when a call comes in and you just want to "shut the phone up" without declining the call? With my Wizard you can just hit the volume slider, and it'll make the ringer go off.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Look in the registry around:

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\JogBar\Settings\

There's a key there called EnableRingVolumeMute

If there isn't, try creating it and setting it to 1. Mine seems to mute the call fine with that setting.

Manzil

Jul 8, 2006
Santa Monica
Ringer silencing on Dash

Hitting the "reduce volume" slider on my dash silences the ringer -- no registry hacks needed. Don't know if this works on HTC unit...

am-imate

Feb 17, 2004
Cayman Islands
El Perfecto!!!!!!! The registry hack worked on the S620.. Apparently it comes with EnableRingVolumeMute set to 0.

Muchas thanks!

This needs to go in a FAQ.

jse75

Dec 10, 2003
Change JOGGR Outlook key to something else?

Has anyone figured out how to change the JOGGR's launch outlook button (bottom button) to launch something else, say, FlexMail? Even though I have FlexMail set as the default mail program, it still launches Outlook...any ideas?

I hate Outlook email (it does not work well with IMAP, like, it won't delete things unless you resync it manually. Painful!)

jason

jse75

Dec 10, 2003
Never mind...

Got this from www.smartphonethoughts.com just now:

Well that sure didn't take long. Just 1 day after the Dash hit the streets, akil, staulkor, and some others over at Howard Forums has found a way to change the functionality of the volume jogger on the Dash to include scrolling and launching programs. You'll need to modify the registry to get this to work. So, make sure you back things up before making any changes. Here are the changes you need to make to get this working.

To Enable Scrolling:
• HKCU\ControlPanel\JogBar\Settings\SwitchToAudioFunc = 0

Tap on Bottom Key Launches IE Mobile:
• HKCU\ControlPanel\JogBar\Settings\BottomKeyApplicationName = \Windows\iexplore.exe

Tap on Top Key Performs Back
• HKCU\ControlPanel\JobBar\Settings\TopKeyApplicationName = BACK

You can replace any these with your favourite applications. Other common applications would be START (to Launch the Start menu), \Windows\tmail.exe to launch Outlook Mobile, or http://www.SmartphoneThoughts.com to launch IE Mobile with your favourite website Wink Let us know how you make out!

mrf1022

Oct 26, 2006
Florida
Here is a utility I wrote that will let you change almost all of the JOGGR settings on the phone. It will also let you change the apps that launch when you press the Camera key and the T-Zones key. The app shortcuts must be in the shortcut file format because I didn't know enough about the Windows CE LNK format to simply let you pick an EXE.

I am going to add support to let you change the apps that launch from the JOGGR bar, but wanted to get this version out now so you don't have to dig through the registry to get scrolling working.

It requires the .NET CF 2.0 or higher.

Attachments

• DashConfig.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 2,288

am-imate

Feb 17, 2004
Cayman Islands
Sweet, good job! Will give it a shot.

This would be a good base for a simple DASH/S620 tweak util.. 'Cause there's a couple good tweaks out there as well.

etperez22

Aug 6, 2006
Is there a way to do this on the Dash without having the touch strip/jogger enabled. So basically all I want it to do is silince the ringer.

pphi

Oct 29, 2006
which compact framework .net am I to install? I tried installing the ARM versions but they refused to install on the Dash.

etperez22

Aug 6, 2006
Basically when I run it it gives an Error.

An unexpected error has occurred in the DashConfig.exe
Select Quit and then restart this program or select Details for more information.

When I hit details:

UnauthorizedAccessException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
blah blah blah.. basically a whole lot of errors

I would love for this to work..