24/11 - Finally, an unlocked SPL for Hero!

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
I've had this unlocked Hero SPL for a while now, and it's super useful for flashing unsigned updates and cool stuff like custom splashes. Unfortunately i've not been able to distribute it... until now! :D

WARNING

A PROBLEM FLASHING THE SPL CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE - as such, proceed with caution. Don't flash this unless you need it, flash at your own risk, flash only to a GSM Hero and do not interrupt the flashing process (which happens on the first reboot after applying the zip). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The SPL, version 1.76.2007, is in the usual update zip format.

Download: MoDaCo

Enjoy! :)

P

omokas

Nov 19, 2009
Thanks modaco I will try it after christmas, just to be sure that my phone won't be bricked till I learn some things better :)

packetlss

Aug 10, 2009
Nice!

Thanks Paul (and any other eventual leakers not mentioned).

Now I can get rid of my hacked SPL :)

dying4004

Oct 15, 2009
do we copy this zip file to sd card and update through recovery image? like other radio, rom and theme applying?

Sulus1179

Jul 17, 2008
Would I be right in thinking I need to CID unlock my Orange Hero (rooted) before I can flash an unlocked SPL? Or is that the whole point of an unlocked SPL?
Not planning on using phone on another network at the moment, just want rid of all locks.

I remember way back when, on my Kaiser, I needed to run Kaiserunlocker.exe when hardSPL'd it, but can't remember the exact procedure.

Many thanks

Phone:
UK Orange Hero (rooted)
ROM: MCR 2.8
Radio: 63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22

HBOOT:
hero cvt ship s-on
hboot-1.76.0007 (hero10000)
microp-010f
radio-6.35.08.22

Carlis

Dec 21, 2004
Stockholm
on the device.

Thanks.. easy as cake. :)
Ready to flash all fun. ;)

First your roms and now this ..
Forever thankfull.

Last edited:

packetlss

Aug 10, 2009
Would I be right in thinking I need to CID unlock my Orange Hero (rooted) before I can flash an unlocked SPL? Or is that the whole point of an unlocked SPL?
Not planning on using phone on another network at the moment, just want rid of all locks.
There should be no need for that, and long as you have rooted phone and a custom recovery you should be able to flash it.

You're confusing CID lock with SIM lock. The SIM lock is what limits your phone to a specific network.

CID lock is software enforced "label" that is used to limit what software can be installed on your phone.

For example: Your Orange branded phone is identical hardware-wise to my sim-unlocked Nordic Hero. However the phones have different CID values. Assuming you havn't rooted it you would be stuck to just running Orange approved ROMs on it. No other ROM would be allowed to be installed even if your hardware is identical and can run it.

CID is a non-issue once the phone is rooted and you got a custom recovery on it that allow us to install whatever we want since it ignores CID.

I'm not that versed in the SIM lock function, but from what I've seen it seems you can get some code to disable it from within Android (look around on the forum for instructions), or there is the serial cable method (explained in a sticky on this forum).

Hope that explains it.

dying4004

Oct 15, 2009
just flashed and flashed modaco startup image too. its so cool. thnx a lot Paul. btw. how to make startup images? cheers

asadji

Feb 26, 2007
Just a little Help

Noob... although i have done this on a windows mobile.... how do i flash it? just as i do it with an update.zip?

Thanks.... and please forgive my ignorance.

percypogi

May 22, 2008
london
thanks paul,

flashed on t-mobile g2,
HERO CVT ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-1.76.2007 (HERO10000)

i tried to flash the startup image, but failed

EDIT: i flashed again and it works the startup image!!

thanks a lot paul

Last edited:

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
Works great just flashed it.
Anyone that can provide the original hero splash1 image logo so i can flash it over a t-mobile logo.
Thanks