FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

eb13

487 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By tammyjustin, Senior Member on 18th October 2011, 01:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hey xda i need a little help, you guys always have been great so here it goes...
im an evo user rooted and everything. i just got my wife and upgrade to a samsung epic, so what i was wondering was which is the best way to root and most importantly how do i know shes on/has EB13?...i dont even know what that is....i see links that refer to that but dont know whether to follow those instrusctions or look for others that just match what i have.heres her info if it helps...thank you guys!
Hware-d700.0.5
Build- FROYO.EC05
KERNAL-2.6.32.9
FIRM-2.2.1
again thanks and if this is dumb sorry

18th October 2011, 01:13 AM |#2  
Flag Aguilas, Spain
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Wink
Here's a link for how the recovery which you will need once you root the phone http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=root . At the beginning of the paragraph, there's a link for "One Click Root".. just follow the instructions, it's pretty simple.

As for EB13, no she does not have it.. her phone is running on EC05 as shown in "Build- FROYO.EC05" which is just a version of Froyo (android 2.2) as is EB13..

Were you going to install a ROM on the phone once it's rooted or..? and if so, do you need to know how to flash the ROMs?

**and for future reference, you might want to try to search the forum.. there are wikis that would have told you what EB13 and EC05 are, and the link for rooting the phone was actually the first result when you search "root" haha.

Just figured I would warn you because some people on here get pretty pissed off when someone posts a new thread about something that they just yelled at 10,000 other people for
The Following User Says Thank You to abro22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abro22 Ad-Free
18th October 2011, 01:18 AM |#3  
Flag Corpus Christi
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammyjustin

hey xda i need a little help, you guys always have been great so here it goes...
im an evo user rooted and everything. i just got my wife and upgrade to a samsung epic, so what i was wondering was which is the best way to root and most importantly how do i know shes on/has EB13?...i dont even know what that is....i see links that refer to that but dont know whether to follow those instrusctions or look for others that just match what i have.heres her info if it helps...thank you guys!
Hware-d700.0.5
Build- FROYO.EC05
KERNAL-2.6.32.9
FIRM-2.2.1
again thanks and if this is dumb sorry

Well I would just try using ODIN to install a EH17(or any bulid you want) that has CWM/ACS Recovery build in.
Here is a link to a Deodexed/rooted/Busybox/CWM one to use that comes with ODIN and how to use it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1242326
And if I had to suggest a ROM, it would be Urban MetaMorphisis. Thats what I've been using for a while now with next to no problems. Link Below.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1220218

Please, tell me if this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to ConfusingCurve For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ConfusingCurve Ad-Free
18th October 2011, 01:31 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
you guys.... .
thanks, i do know and understand the rules of the forums as i have rooted and flashed multiple times i just didnt understand the epics termilology per say
but again thanks so much for not being rude, epic is new i suppose i could of taken the time to look as i did my evo but she keeps hounding me...damn wife
but thanks lots
18th October 2011, 01:39 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Well I would just try using ODIN to install a EH17(or any bulid you want) that has CWM/ACS Recovery build in.
Here is a link to a Deodexed/rooted/Busybox/CWM one to use that comes with ODIN and how to use it.
so this link will get me rooted?
what is EH17?
and this link roots and installs a recovery?
again thanks sorry for dumb questions
18th October 2011, 01:42 AM |#6  
Flag P-Town
Thanks Meter: 234

More
ok, for starters, ec05 is the sprint distributed rom version, as would be eb13, or eh17 or any other 2letter2number codes on the epic forums. i'd stay on ec05, it seems to be the most stable rom/modem combination. you can flash most any rom (including the eh17 leak) from the ec05 rom, and you'll suffer less reboots or problems (unless otherwise stated by the rom developer) as long as you wipe properly. as you seem to be familiar with rooting, remember to make nandroids at any important step. as far as roms, i like the simply aosp and the cm7, but they have no touchwiz or sprint bloatware. if you like that, try srf.

finally, please be respectful of the forum rules and post in the proper place. this should be in q&a

edit: the 'E' stands for the year, 2011, and the 'C' stands for the month, march. this rom was released in march of this year. EC05 was the last official release, and was froyo. anything after EC (ED, EG, EH) are all gingerbread leaks that are less reliable.
The Following User Says Thank You to bender beerman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bender beerman Ad-Free
18th October 2011, 01:43 AM |#7  
Flag Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 400

More
Quote:

you guys.... .
thanks, i do know and understand the rules of the forums as i have rooted and flashed multiple times i just didnt understand the epics termilology per say
but again thanks so much for not being rude, epic is new i suppose i could of taken the time to look as i did my evo but she keeps hounding me...damn wife
but thanks lots

No actually its cool to ask no one would flame you, just post in the Q&A next time please.

Btw take a look at some of the stickies they're loaded with info

Sent from my SPH-D700
18th October 2011, 01:48 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
thank you xda

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
18th October 2011, 01:50 AM |#9  
Flag P-Town
Thanks Meter: 234

More
Quote:

thank you xda

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

they have a button for that
The Following User Says Thank You to bender beerman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bender beerman Ad-Free
18th October 2011, 01:54 AM |#10  
Flag Corpus Christi
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:

so this link will get me rooted?
what is EH17?
and this link roots and installs a recovery?
again thanks sorry for dumb questions

EH17 is the lastest Android 2.3 "Gingerbread" leak for the Epic, besides the Froyo ROMs its the most stable.
Yes this will auto root and install recovery. To boot into recovery hold down Power, Camera, volume down.
After you flash the first link I posted, boot up shut down and go back into recovery and flash the second link. after that you should be good to go.
ANd it's cool man but like they said, post in Q and A, no one minds helping though.

**Personally I prefer the Gingerbread leaks over Froyo due to the speed.**
The Following User Says Thank You to ConfusingCurve For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ConfusingCurve Ad-Free
18th October 2011, 01:58 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
IM SORRY is seems as though it dont know that im doing but i do i swear this is just different...which one do i want?
and i swear i wont ask another question
[NEW] FOR EB13:
http://efragtv.com/android/OneClickRootCWM3-EB13.zip
NOTES FOR EB13: Auto conversion/restore seems to work 100% now. I converted and did NOT have to flash a rom over it. =]

[OLD] FOR DK28:
http://efragtv.com/android/OneClickRootCWM3.zip
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)