[ROM][29 May] 3 Musketeers ICS|Official 2.31.401.2 | Quality & Performance Combined

Search This thread

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
[ROM][29 May] 3 Musketeers ICS|Official 2.31.401.2 | Quality & Performance Combined

3 Musketeers proudly present....

The Official OTA update for Sensation XL​

Please Note that this is for people who have done the OTA update and are on the new hboot​

ROMInfo.png

• Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - latest official HTC 2.31.401.2 (WWE) firmware
• This is improved version of stock ROM - no visual changes!
• Very fast, clean & stable!
• Full HTC Sense 3.6 Interface
• Multi-language (WWE)
• For HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e
• Thanks to HTC for the base firmware
• My Custom Kernel
• Improved EXT4 performance
• RAM Optimizations
• Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
• Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
• Fully de-odexed
• Build.prop tweaks (courtesy of Ben ;))

Screens.png

2012-05-29_22-47-18.png
2012-05-29_22-47-22.png
2012-05-29_22-47-32.png
2012-05-29_22-47-39.png
2012-05-29_22-47-43.png

For how to Install and all other instructions go to post 3

Download.png

Download

Credits to: Shingers5 – for his tireless testing, suggestions,feedback and keeping us going and for just being a legend (get well soon dude ;)) | benjamin.j.goodwin - general help and being a God | Special thanks to DutchDanny - for advice and many hours of help while I'm learning how to compile kernels :) | Also a special thanks to all the Bindroid team

Last edited:

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Mods.png

Smooth Rosie Tweaks for this rom are here

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26543448&postcount=678

Special thanks to hamdir for these ;)

Now with this being Sense 3.6 we can still use the UOTKitchen to change the Battery in the status bar...... and heres how to do it...

1. Open the rom zip up and go to system/framework and get the framework-res.apk out and onto desktop
2. Go to the kitchen here http://uot.dakra.lt/
3. Click on Kitchen tab at the top and then click on battery tab just underneath
4. Have fun and choose what battery you want ;)
5. Once you're happy with it go to file upload and highlight the one where it says 'Upload System Files'
6. You then upload your framework-res.apk from your desktop
7. To the left of where you upload your file you will see a dropdown box that says 'update binary' next to it, select that and then select 'type EMMC'
8. Once that is done go to summary tab and click submit work to kitchen
9. Go to pick up page and wait for your theme to be cooked
10. Download and flash with CWM
11. Viola... your own custom battery

Last edited:

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
HOW TO and FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Procedure updated to reflect flash of new hboot..............
If like me you relocked bootloader then flashed stock ruu and updated via official channel then do this:
- unlock bootloader via htc dev site as we all should know by now how this works. check out guide posted lower down this post. this will factort reset phone. complete setup process
- download rom of your choice and put on root of sdcard. usb storage doesnt work in new recovery so important to do this step at this point
- download touch recovery from here - thanks alfchin
- wipe data/factory reset
- flash rom zip
- wipe cache, dalvik cache and fix permissions
- REBOOT

If coming from older hboot and not flashed official OTA then process is long winded. The flash of new HBOOT 1.28 manually deleted access to sdcard so file called vold.fstab will need editing but it will need root which needs recovery. to avoid this please do as follows:
- with bootloader unlocked flash hboot 1.28 with fard s-off. see here - thanks fardjad
- flash touch recovery from link posted above and reboot phone
- download vold zip file posted below then extract it and put file in fastboot folder then adb push it to system/etc folder
command: adb push vold.fstab to /system/etc/vold.fstab and accept overwrite. reboot and voila sdcard access again. follow procedure at top to complete flash rom

You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behaviour.

PREVIOUS PROCEDURE FOR OLDER ROMS NOT ON NEW HBOOT:
First things first - Please follow this extensive guide as a starting place for all things XL. Please do not post in here if you do not follow the guide as its very detailed. SEE GUIDE HERE - thanks unbeatableguy

1. Flash Procedure if coming from another rom or first time install
Please follow as directed and to the letter. Obviously some steps could be avoided but to keep things simple WE recommend to flash as posted
- Boot into recovery either via ADB or Advanced Power Menu etc. All posted in above guide
- choose install zip from sdcard and flash bindroid total wipe zip found here bottom of post #3. This will reboot into recovery after flashing
- Install Insanely Cool Sense 4 zip
- Flash SuperSU 0.87. At this point can flash any other mods or 3rd party kernels(skip if nothing extra needs to be flashed)e.g. sony bravia engine etc
- Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, Battery Stats and Fix Permissions
- REBOOT and ENJOY!
2. Flash procedure if upgrading from an earlier build or flashing bug fix patches
- Boot into recovery
- Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache
- REBOOT and ENJOY!

1. What is Recovery?
- User Interface needed for customising device
2. How do i flash?
- All info posted above and guide link posted above has all information needed
3. How to report bugs?
- We welcome posts when problems arise but ask that you use tact when posting these. Be aware that many hours have been spent making this possible and it is presented to you free of charge.

Attachments

• vold.zip
    463 bytes · Views: 419
Last edited:

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
sorry asking, what have been tweak on your custom kernel?
Not much to the kernel at the minute, just a couple of optimizations to the governors, and a couple of ramdisk tweaks to help with speed and smoothness... As I've only got my 'L' plates for compiling kernels at the minute there isn't going to be a lot of tweaks until I learn more... I personally think its a little smoother ;)

Reactions: nashshafrulrezza

nashshafrulrezza

Jul 8, 2011
Johor Bahru
Google Pixel 4 XL
After try to install without s-off, i'm succeed with sd card mount problem.

Push vold into system/etc and now the rom is work like charm! Thank you for the rom.

Sorry for this nood question, I want to know, how to check my phone stock RUU?

Schumi 01

Dec 17, 2009
Caerphilly
I did have one slight problem this morning, dont know if i have done everything right, but i already had the official OTA ics updated rooted and recovery installed on my phone.

Installed this Rom no problem at all, all working fine, i went to do a Back up of my Rom through recovery, and it started off ok, about 5 minutes later went back and it was stuck on generating "sdm sum" or something along that line.

Had to do a reboot and install the rom again.

Any ideas.

Thanks

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
It will have been the md5 sum.... I've just done a back up of this rom on my phone and it went ok, backed up successfully. Did you boot into recovery then try the back up from there? Or did you use rom manager?

Reactions: Schumi 01

Schumi 01

Dec 17, 2009
Caerphilly
It will have been the md5 sum.... I've just done a back up of this rom on my phone and it went ok, backed up successfully. Did you boot into recovery then try the back up from there? Or did you use rom manager?

Thanks vertigo, just tried it again, all went well, just one quick question, in the Clockwork Mod Folder can I rename the Folders that have been made during the Backup process, so i know which ones are which ?

Cheers

stona175

Mar 30, 2010
www.stona175.cba.pl
That why i dont like new hboot ;) i think is recovery problem. I have that same problem.

Need back to old hboot ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3 Musketeers proudly present....

The Official OTA update for Sensation XL​

Please Note that this is for people who have done the OTA update and are on the new hboot​

ROMInfo.png

• Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - latest official HTC 2.31.401.2 (WWE) firmware
    • This is improved version of stock ROM - no visual changes!
    • Very fast, clean & stable!
    • Full HTC Sense 3.6 Interface
    • Multi-language (WWE)
    • For HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e
    • Thanks to HTC for the base firmware
    • My Custom Kernel
    • Improved EXT4 performance
    • RAM Optimizations
    • Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
    • Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
    • Fully de-odexed
    • Build.prop tweaks (courtesy of Ben ;))

Screens.png

2012-05-29_22-47-18.png
    2012-05-29_22-47-22.png
    2012-05-29_22-47-32.png
    2012-05-29_22-47-39.png
    2012-05-29_22-47-43.png

For how to Install and all other instructions go to post 3

Download.png

Download

Credits to: Shingers5 – for his tireless testing, suggestions,feedback and keeping us going and for just being a legend (get well soon dude ;)) | benjamin.j.goodwin - general help and being a God | Special thanks to DutchDanny - for advice and many hours of help while I'm learning how to compile kernels :) | Also a special thanks to all the Bindroid team
    HOW TO and FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Procedure updated to reflect flash of new hboot..............
    If like me you relocked bootloader then flashed stock ruu and updated via official channel then do this:
    - unlock bootloader via htc dev site as we all should know by now how this works. check out guide posted lower down this post. this will factort reset phone. complete setup process
    - download rom of your choice and put on root of sdcard. usb storage doesnt work in new recovery so important to do this step at this point
    - download touch recovery from here - thanks alfchin
    - wipe data/factory reset
    - flash rom zip
    - wipe cache, dalvik cache and fix permissions
    - REBOOT

If coming from older hboot and not flashed official OTA then process is long winded. The flash of new HBOOT 1.28 manually deleted access to sdcard so file called vold.fstab will need editing but it will need root which needs recovery. to avoid this please do as follows:
    - with bootloader unlocked flash hboot 1.28 with fard s-off. see here - thanks fardjad
    - flash touch recovery from link posted above and reboot phone
    - download vold zip file posted below then extract it and put file in fastboot folder then adb push it to system/etc folder
    command: adb push vold.fstab to /system/etc/vold.fstab and accept overwrite. reboot and voila sdcard access again. follow procedure at top to complete flash rom

You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behaviour.

PREVIOUS PROCEDURE FOR OLDER ROMS NOT ON NEW HBOOT:
    First things first - Please follow this extensive guide as a starting place for all things XL. Please do not post in here if you do not follow the guide as its very detailed. SEE GUIDE HERE - thanks unbeatableguy

1. Flash Procedure if coming from another rom or first time install
    Please follow as directed and to the letter. Obviously some steps could be avoided but to keep things simple WE recommend to flash as posted
    - Boot into recovery either via ADB or Advanced Power Menu etc. All posted in above guide
    - choose install zip from sdcard and flash bindroid total wipe zip found here bottom of post #3. This will reboot into recovery after flashing
    - Flash SuperSU 0.87. At this point can flash any other mods or 3rd party kernels(skip if nothing extra needs to be flashed)e.g. sony bravia engine etc
    - Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, Battery Stats and Fix Permissions
    - REBOOT and ENJOY!
    2. Flash procedure if upgrading from an earlier build or flashing bug fix patches
    - Boot into recovery
    - Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache
    - REBOOT and ENJOY!

1. What is Recovery?
    - User Interface needed for customising device
    2. How do i flash?
    - All info posted above and guide link posted above has all information needed
    3. How to report bugs?
    - We welcome posts when problems arise but ask that you use tact when posting these. Be aware that many hours have been spent making this possible and it is presented to you free of charge.
    Mods.png

Smooth Rosie Tweaks for this rom are here

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26543448&postcount=678

Special thanks to hamdir for these ;)

Now with this being Sense 3.6 we can still use the UOTKitchen to change the Battery in the status bar...... and heres how to do it...

1. Open the rom zip up and go to system/framework and get the framework-res.apk out and onto desktop
    2. Go to the kitchen here http://uot.dakra.lt/
    3. Click on Kitchen tab at the top and then click on battery tab just underneath
    4. Have fun and choose what battery you want ;)
    5. Once you're happy with it go to file upload and highlight the one where it says 'Upload System Files'
    6. You then upload your framework-res.apk from your desktop
    7. To the left of where you upload your file you will see a dropdown box that says 'update binary' next to it, select that and then select 'type EMMC'
    8. Once that is done go to summary tab and click submit work to kitchen
    9. Go to pick up page and wait for your theme to be cooked
    10. Download and flash with CWM
    11. Viola... your own custom battery
    300 downloads and 8 thanks to Vertigo!

Come on guys, you see the work he does for you. Your finger/pc/laptop/life won't be ruined if you click thanks you know :)
    If you click on deny, its not going to let root explorer have root access so it won't let you change write permissions... That is if I'm understanding you correctly...

Plus on another note New Senseless rom based on new base is done and being tested ;)