ShootMe gone :-(

Search This thread

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011
Sooo...I got caught slippin without a backup of shootme...anyone found a worthy replacement for screen shots....thanks in advance....?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

AproSamurai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
Sooo...I got caught slippin without a backup of shootme...anyone found a worthy replacement for screen shots....thanks in advance....?

Ahhhh, "Screenshot" is ok, simple app. Also that new screen cast and recorder app has a screenshot function that works okay as well. There is a demo version and a paid version.

Sent from my Epic 4G

Shinydude100

Feb 24, 2011
Dallas
Idk if LCD Density is responsible, or if it got pulled, but since this thread has been posted, it seems to have been pulled out of the market, I'll verify by checking my apps to see what info is provided.

Edit: Yeah, it got pulled out of the market.

Last edited:

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1315344600895.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1315344600895.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 518

Shinydude100

Feb 24, 2011
Dallas
Maybe they have an update guideline.. or improper flagging.. or pulled by request of the person who made it. I've emailed the dev in the past, 0 feedback, perhaps he removed it to release a better version, or perhaps was insulted/furious in the fact that there's other apps that provide the same functions, and even copied his apk icon, recoloring it to avoid copyrights.

AproSamurai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
Maybe they have an update guideline.. or improper flagging.. or pulled by request of the person who made it. I've emailed the dev in the past, 0 feedback, perhaps he removed it to release a better version, or perhaps was insulted/furious in the fact that there's other apps that provide the same functions, and even copied his apk icon, recoloring it to avoid copyrights.

I checked online, the developer couldn't take all the people trolling and decided to take it down.

http://www.androidstatic.com/what-shootme-removed-from-the-android-market

Sent from my Epic 4G

Reactions: JohnCorleone

mredmond2012

Oct 14, 2011
Oklahoma
www.flickr.com
Shootme Alternatives?

Does anyone know of any good alternatives to Shootme?

I have v0.8.1 on my phone, but for some reason its not working.

Actually, its kinda weird. It worked perfectly fine on my Evo running Froyo before I rooted. Then I rooted a couple weeks ago and flashed CM7.1. Now its saying "Failed to start server. Please check that you have ROOT access...blah blah blah," even though I've granted it Superuser permission. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the like. I know CM7 has built-in screenshot feature, but Shootme is a lot easier when taking multiple/quick screenshots. Anyone have any suggestions of how to fix this, or know of any good alternatives?

bryanfritz1

Mar 23, 2009
Sycamore
Check out and see if busybox is working. Busybox installer in the market usually does the trick. I had an issue with shootme before because busybox wasn't i.nstalled properly. Hope it helps.

travmofosho

Feb 22, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Shoot Me doesn't work for whatever reason on CM7.1 but Drocap2 does. Its not on the market but I found a dl link while searching the forums

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

duce102

Feb 4, 2011
North Carolina
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Can someone mod shootme so that we can get a better framerate on the screencast feature. Just to let you know a Dev already did this but his modded apk is no longer available in his thread( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=925270 ). Also know that the higher the framerate, the crappier the quality of video. Here are the steps if anyone can do it:

just decompile the app with ApkManager or other and ajust the values in /res/values/array.xml

I would do it myself but I don't have good luck with ApkManager

Top Liked Posts