FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Netflix Apk from Logitech Revue! Developers needed to port to epic!

458 posts
Thanks Meter: 86

By gokuman56, Senior Member on 5th March 2011, 05:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Netflixwill OFFICIALLY support FUTURE Devices that meet their DRM criteria....Hate to say i told you so, but i told you so This means for us that is up to Devs to get netflix working for us from the apk provided. link bellow for all info.

I got this from the EVO forum and was wondering if any devlopers wanted to take a crack at making netflix work for the Epic!

Heres the link with all details:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=936789
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gokuman56 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gokuman56 Ad-Free
5th March 2011, 09:14 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
JEZUS.

200 views 0 replies.
anways, I would LOVE to see this happen.
5th March 2011, 11:03 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Put in gen. Prob why there are no replys

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
5th March 2011, 02:44 PM |#4  
Flag portage
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Talking
we could probably put a bounty on it also. There is going to be alot of people wanting this. Great find thou.
5th March 2011, 03:56 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuman56

Netflixwill OFFICIALLY support FUTURE Devices that meet their DRM criteria....Hate to say i told you so, but i told you so This means for us that is up to Devs to get netflix working for us from the apk provided. link bellow for all info.

I got this from the EVO forum and was wondering if any devlopers wanted to take a crack at making netflix work for the Epic!

Heres the link with all details:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=936789

but I thought that the only thing that would support Netflix's DRM was DRM HARDWARE? Thus, anything using Netflix would need to use a new chipset developed for that DRM?
5th March 2011, 09:13 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 824

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsosmrtgeek

we could probably put a bounty on it also. There is going to be alot of people wanting this. Great find thou.

Yes a bounty would do the trick
5th March 2011, 09:21 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I don't really know what I'm talking about but I don't see how this would work considering you are connecting to the netflix servers where they run drm checks. This isn't like a swype apk where once it's cracked and ported that's it. The server would be constantly checking (and updating?) to insure the devices streaming from its servers are legit.

Just my 2 cents, same reason it's so hard to keep hacked clients running on official game servers.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
5th March 2011, 09:48 PM |#9  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 415

Donate to Me
More
Not gonna work. Hardware requirements will NOT be met on the Epic.
5th March 2011, 09:50 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Ya, it's pretty much impossible.

Whatever you need to do to get it to actually work would probably be illegal.
5th March 2011, 10:44 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
N/A
Thanks Meter: 86

Donate to Me
More
for hardware, the epic can easily run netflix, even the Evo can. the iphone 4 runs netflix and it has identical hardware specs to the epic and all windows phone 7 devices have netflix and they have the same specifications as the evo.

I guess we will have to see if it will be done now...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)