[Q] Cannot Debrick Phone! - Odin Fails EVERYTIME

Search This thread
I Have tried everything....
I am at a loss here.
First of all, I got into a Bootloop/Soft Brick type thing.
Tried to reset using Kies and that just failed, now when I turn on my phone all I see is "Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.

*hooks up phone to Kies*
*Starts Firmware Emergency Recovery*
*Sits at 0% for ever*

So then I try Odin,
I download the .tar of the stock firmware from Samsung-Updates (.) com when I flash I get a message in Odin that is "FAIL"
Here is the message in the box thing that I get:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth) <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!
Trying different USB Port
Multiple Versions of Odin
reinstalling drivers
Flashing Resurrection Rom
I EVEN TRIED RE-PARTITIONING AND NOTHING HAS WORKED!!

Please Please PLEASE Help me! I have looked everywhere and found nothing. I have been without a phone for a week now.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know now. WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO SAY HELPS!

I will respond to every post you send

EDIT: About to try on another computer

:crying: :eek:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Do you have an i747m or i747?

If you have the i747, do you have a 4.3 bootloader on it? If you do, you cannot just flash a stock ROM via Odin. Repeated attempts to do so may brick your phone.

You can either download the necessary 4.3 Odin files from XDA or flash a custom recovery in order to flash a stock 4.3 ROM using your custom recovery.

Reactions: BruceWayne_Batman
Bootloader?

If you have the i747, do you have a 4.3 bootloader on it? If you do, you cannot just flash a stock ROM via Odin. Repeated attempts to do so may brick your phone.

You can either download the necessary 4.3 Odin files from XDA or flash a custom recovery in order to flash a stock 4.3 ROM using your custom recovery.

I have an I747 and I've already tried to flash a custom recovery (TWRP) But it just shows the TWRP title screen and then goes back into a bootloop.
Im kind of a noob at the Odin thing, I've only used it to root so i'm not sure what bootloader I have but I assume it's a 4.3.

Even if I do have a 4.3 Bootloader, where can I find such a ROM?

Last edited:

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Did you try flashing Philz Touch via Odin? This is what I use on my i747m. You can flash the latest tar version from here via the PDA box in Odin: http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/d2lte

In Odin, do not check auto reboot, only F.Reset Time. Once you see the word Reset in the status window, remove the USB cable, pull the battery, insert the battery and boot into recovery, wipe cache, data, and Dalvik. You can copy a custom ROM (I use Validus 13) to an sd card and use Philz to flash it.

Reactions: BruceWayne_Batman
Thanks...Just one problem

Thank you so much, I made it into recovery! But just one problem, when I click Wipe data/Factory Reset the screen freezes and then it goes back into the bootloop. Could this be because I have no SIM or SD card inserted?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
The freezing could be something else.

Did you try formatting the system?

I recommend doing a quick format before copying the ROM onto the SD card.

Yes, just tried formatting system (or at least what I think is formatting the system Mounts and storage>format /system) and It stiil freezes.

Do you think I could get away with not factory reset, because I was in the middle of a factory reset when the soft brick happened :confused:

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Yes, just tried formatting system (or at least what I think is formatting the system Mounts and storage>format /system) and It stiil freezes.

Do you think I could get away with not factory reset, because I was in the middle of a factory reset when the soft brick happened :confused:

Yes, try installing the rom without a reset. Theoretically, installing a new ROM should overwrite the existing ROM. If there are any files in the data or cache, this may prevent the ROM from fully booting.

Does Philz recognize the phone's SD card slot?

3p1x

Apr 25, 2014
(This is my new account instead of BruceWayne_Batman) but yes, it does boot up to the phones desktop and is working in tip-top shape again thanks so much for the help

-#imanoob

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Okay here is the text in order:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (7 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOMM SECURE BOOT: ENABLE
Warranty bit: 1
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 2

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
(This is my new account instead of BruceWayne_Batman) but yes, it does boot up to the phones desktop and is working in tip-top shape again thanks so much for the help

-#imanoob

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Okay here is the text in order:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (7 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOMM SECURE BOOT: ENABLE
Warranty bit: 1
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 2
Your phone has the 4.3 bootloader and I recommend against using Odin to flash any ROMs.

If you want to restore a 4.3 stock ROM, use a method from the ROM development section.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did you try flashing Philz Touch via Odin? This is what I use on my i747m. You can flash the latest tar version from here via the PDA box in Odin: http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/d2lte

In Odin, do not check auto reboot, only F.Reset Time. Once you see the word Reset in the status window, remove the USB cable, pull the battery, insert the battery and boot into recovery, wipe cache, data, and Dalvik. You can copy a custom ROM (I use Validus 13) to an sd card and use Philz to flash it.