FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,597 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,911

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th June 2019, 04:13 AM |#2411  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zputnyq

Hi @osm0sis
Does your latest busybox still support systemless SuperSU ?
I get an error: 1 when flash it.

SuperSU 2.82 SR5

Log? Works fine on my SuperSU device.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]

17th June 2019, 04:20 AM |#2412  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Log? Works fine on my SuperSU device.

Here is the log
Attached Files
File Type: zip recovery.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.0 KB, 16 views)
17th June 2019, 04:59 AM |#2413  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,882

More
Quote:

Here is the log

If you're going to install via TWRP into a non-Magisk install download the version from the OP. Downloading from Magisk replaces the update-binary and that's what triggered the error in your case.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
17th June 2019, 08:13 AM |#2414  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

If you're going to install via TWRP into a non-Magisk install download the version from the OP. Downloading from Magisk replaces the update-binary and that's what triggered the error in your case.

Yes I downloaded it from magisk repo, since I used magisk before, I thought the flashable zip was the same.
17th June 2019, 10:28 AM |#2415  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes I downloaded it from magisk repo, since I used magisk before, I thought the flashable zip was the same.

The way I wrote it the intent was that it should still work regardless. I'll check it out.

Edit: Yeah, that happens before I can hook in with my install.sh: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/...staller.sh#L42, so you'll have to just use the OP downloads as was suggested.

You could `touch /data/adb/magisk/util_functions.sh` and it might work after some errors for missing Magisk functions but that would be a kinda crazy thing to do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th June 2019, 12:31 PM |#2416  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

The way I wrote it the intent was that it should still work regardless. I'll check it out.

Edit: Yeah, that happens before I can hook in with my install.sh: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/...taller.sh#L42, so you'll have to just use the OP downloads as was suggested.

You could `touch /data/adb/magisk/util_functions.sh` and it might work after some errors for missing Magisk functions but that's kinda crazy.

Ok thank you 👌👍
4th July 2019, 12:27 AM |#2417  
Flag où les rues n'ont pas de noms ...
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Please specify the individual file dates.
It would be really helpful if the date of the last update was specified for each file, instead of only globally for the entire bunch. If doing so right behind the download links is not possible, it could be done above, where the little tools are described. Even better, have the download link directly underneath the description of each program, which will make it far easier to know what's what.

This way, one would not always have to download the entire bunch just for the one file that is new and that may not even be the one that one hoped would be.
4th July 2019, 04:32 AM |#2418  
Flag Baldwin Park
Thanks Meter: 2,812

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Peccavit

This way, one would not always have to download the entire bunch just for the one file that is new and that may not even be the one that one hoped would be.

Entire bunch of what to get at what file? Be specific. I'm not aware of any bundles of stuff here that one has to download to get at some particular tool. You sure you posted in the right thread?

LG G3 D851, AOSP-CAF 6.0.1, NanoDroid, MultiROM, XDA Legacy
The Following User Says Thank You to marcdw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marcdw Ad-Free
5th July 2019, 09:58 PM |#2419  
Flag où les rues n'ont pas de noms ...
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Wink Reading Comprehension Skills ...
Well,

There is an entire bunch of download links at the bottom of the first post, but there is only one «latest update» information above them all, underneath the «created» date. This means that one cannot know which of the individual tools is/are the one(s) that was/were updated on that date. The question or suggestion was to specify the date of the last update for each of the individual files.

I have always been wondering why XDA's system does not specify the date after each download link automatically, simply based on when it was uploaded, as it is done that way on many, many other message boards, but your humble servant is merely a tiny light in the overwhelming darkness. Maybe one could include the date in the first section with the description of what each tool does, add the date to the file name itself or whatever.

This is what the sentence «It would be helpful if the date of the last update was specified for each file, instead of only globally for all of them» was referring to. My apologies if that sentence was somehow not precise enough. It was just a simple idea and not meant to cause any harm.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Qui Peccavit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Qui Peccavit Ad-Free
10th July 2019, 10:25 PM |#2420  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, sorry to bother everyone. I am trying to install the "Busybox for Android NDK" module through Magisk, but after downloading and installing, and even after a reboot, the module does not appear as installed. There are no errors in the installer script that I can see. I'm using a OnePlus 3 and I need Busybox to get systemize to work properly according to a guide I'm following.

Thanks in advance!
11th July 2019, 04:11 AM |#2421  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trundler

Hi, sorry to bother everyone. I am trying to install the "Busybox for Android NDK" module through Magisk, but after downloading and installing, and even after a reboot, the module does not appear as installed. There are no errors in the installer script that I can see. I'm using a OnePlus 3 and I need Busybox to get systemize to work properly according to a guide I'm following.

Thanks in advance!

With no install log how do you expect any help?
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)