[KERNEL][SPR][TW-AOSP 4.4,5.0,5.1][05/02/2015] KT-SGS5 - OB1 - KTweaker

Search This thread

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
So i gotta ask

Do the previous profiles work from the S4, or do they need to be tweaked for our device?

Just curious. THanks man!!

They need to be tweaked, the Mhz thing is a big killer since they are using weird numbers. Also on S5 I added the 3 way selection for "Auto Hotplug" so that will be messed up in the S4 profile.

Reactions: reverepats

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Kernel installed. Your profile applied.

Will report back.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Well this is no good....my screen wont turn on....

My profile is Undervolted by 50, your phone might not be able to handle that.

crazymook

Aug 4, 2007
Ya...Ive got issues. I cant even get to your tweaker app now. Phone immediately locks up....When I checked, it didnt even show it was undvervolted. I was originally UV -25 across the board...I wonder if it then added another -50 on top of that....The settings said no but maybe thats wrong.

Gonna try another app to see if I can check the voltage. Phone reboots fine but the moment I try teh tweaker, locks up.

Edit: Nope...if I try to access anything, phone locks...Guess I can try and reinstall the kernel?

Or try and get into the phone settings and wipe data for ktweaker?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

That didnt work either (wiping tweaker data)....my phone just keeps locking up constantly. Gonna wipe the app date for the other voltage control app I had. Any other advice?

Last edited:

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Ya...Ive got issues. I cant even get to your tweaker app now. Phone immediately locks up....When I checked, it didnt even show it was undvervolted. I was originally UV -25 across the board...I wonder if it then added another -50 on top of that....The settings said no but maybe thats wrong.

Gonna try another app to see if I can check the voltage. Phone reboots fine but the moment I try teh tweaker, locks up.

Edit: Nope...if I try to access anything, phone locks...Guess I can try and reinstall the kernel?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

That didnt work either (wiping tweaker data)....my phone just keeps locking up constantly. Gonna wipe the app date for the other voltage control app I had. Any other advice?

Just delete the ktweaker folder on the internal SD card. Shut down the phone for 5-10 minutes or so to let it cool down. Its just too hot now. :good:

Reactions: prboy1969

Ramondel

Dec 3, 2011
Nashville

I just took a look at the profile that is on the app and I see that min Mhz=189 and Max Mhz =1998. I wonder if you can not run that low of a frequency?

crazymook

Aug 4, 2007
Folder nuked. Shutting down. Or well, was. Phone locked up even trying to do that...............This does not bode well.

I cant get anything. Folder nuked. Rebooted. Folder back. Nuked folder. Try to do anything, phone immediately locks up....

Phone isnt even hot.

Last edited:

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
I just took a look at the profile that is on the app and I see that min Mhz=189 and Max Mhz =1998. I wonder if you can not run that low of a frequency?

You are not looking at the KTweaker version (ktoonsified v1) then from my app. You are looking at Luigi's website maybe for the S4?

crazymook

Aug 4, 2007
I reverted back to another kernel and waiting for it to go thru optimizing. Will let you know if that fixes things.

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Try setting minimum freq to 300 MHz first.
Since this is fairly new to us, I noticed that the lowest frequency that can be set in Trickster is 300mhz. I'm running Sleshepic's custom kernel btw so I'm not positive if it can be set lower this is just a suggestion. Even Rom Toolbox won't set the min cpu lower than 300mhz. I guess we'll find out as we go. ;)
And as for CPU tweakers, I would recommend not saving custom cpu tweaks on boot just for the circumstance you find yourself in (phone locks up etc.) until you know if the settings work or not.

Note: I'll test this one out later. Just going with what we know so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: prboy1969

crazymook

Aug 4, 2007
Alright. Reverting back to sleshepic kernel fixed things...

I'm also back to factory voltage as well.

Last edited:

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Yes I am looking at the ktoonsified v1 from the all-shop list (Profiles) It is using Ktoonservaticeq with bfq min=189 max=1998.

Oh your looking at the stupid adjustments.txt file. Thats not whats actually in the profile, I should have never added those things, lol. Now I need to do everything 3 times for a profile instead of once. I just fixed up the adjustments.txt file.

crazymook

Aug 4, 2007
I'll have to play with this later when I'm home. I'd love to be running this kernel. Not sure what the hell I did wrong, lol.

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
They need to be tweaked, the Mhz thing is a big killer since they are using weird numbers. Also on S5 I added the 3 way selection for "Auto Hotplug" so that will be messed up in the S4 profile.

Ok no worries.

Can't build everything right off the bat!

Appreciate the heads up!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

crazymook

Aug 4, 2007
Go to the profiles tab, then ktweaker shop. You'll find his settings in there.

Let me know if you have any problems. I really have no idea what went wrong with mine.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Also, what should stock voltage be? I want to make sure I'm back to factory for that before toying w/ this kernel again.

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Go to the profiles tab, then ktweaker shop. You'll find his settings in there.

Let me know if you have any problems. I really have no idea what went wrong with mine.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Also, what should stock voltage be? I want to make sure I'm back to factory for that before toying w/ this kernel again.

I cant tell you unless you get your bin number from the CPU, there are 13 different tables based on the CPU's bin. I dont remember the command to get that number so you will have to search.

Reactions: sleshepic

crazymook

Aug 4, 2007
I'm pretty sure its back to normal as its at 800 for 300mhz and previously it was at 776 or something like that.

AlkaliV2

Jun 12, 2012
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 5
Quick question: Is Auto-Hotplug needed when running AbyssPlugV2?

I am wanting to run AbyssPlugV2 and I turned off MP Decision on my phone. However in KTweaker when I disabled Auto-hotplug too (cause it is a hotplugging governor) none of the cores go offline, they just drop to minimum value. I'm fine with having Auto-hotplug enabled, it just seemed like strange behavior for the governor not to control the cores.

Edit: Also praise is in order because with Auto-Hotplug this is the first kernel I've run that have allowed CPU3 to finally go offline. There was something about the stock kernel that made cores 0 and 3 stay lit on my device.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ktoonsez presents:
    1e2f06c24a584.png

KT-SGS5 kernel features
    Must have a S5 model G900T or G900P or G900V (Dev Edition ONLY!!!) or G900F or G900M or G900W8 or G900I
    Must have a Touchwiz Rooted ROM
    Must have CWM/TWRP based recovery installed
    •Samsung open source
    •Optimized kernel configuration
    •unsecure root adb
    •Voltage interface
    KTweaker app for kernel control
    KTweaker Widgets
    •Schedulers (CFQ, BFQ, VR, SIO, NOOP, DEADLINE, ROW, FIFO, FIOPS)
    •GOVERNORS (ktoonservativeq, intellidemand, msm-dcvs, wheatley, userspace, smartassh3, slp, powersave, pegasuq, nightmare, interactive, dancedance, conservative, badass, asswax, adaptive, abyssplug, performance, ondemand
    •exFAT for Touchwiz and AOSP
    •F2FS compatible with AOSP 4.4

4fb98c4be2161.png

Touchwiz Lollipop 5.0 VERSION:
    05.02.2015: http://bit.ly/1EN5UtG

AOSP Lollipop 5.0 VERSION:
    05.02.2015: http://bit.ly/1JJhnxv

AOSP Lollipop 5.1 VERSION:
    05.02.2015: http://bit.ly/1DTVhBf

TWRP Recovery by Ktoonsez:
    04.06.2015: http://goo.gl/LgBsuk

AOSP /system F2FS converter:
    03.31.2015: http://bit.ly/1IOdXpX

What you can expect to get benchmark wise:
    attachment.php

******* END OF LIFE *******

AOSP Kitkat 4.4 VERSION:
    11.06.2014: http://goo.gl/t3H5oK

KTweaker Shop and previous versions can be seen here (thanks to LuigiBull23):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784319

Always do the following AFTER installing the kernel:
    1. Clear cache
    2. Clear dalvik

Post #2 will be reserved for change logs

Post #3 will be reserved for MY Settings, Extras and FAQ's

Sources can be found here:
    https://github.com/ktoonsez/KTSGS5
    Change Log 10.07.2014
    1. Merged in NI2 from 900V source drop
    2. MAJOR update for 4.4.4 platform: 1,104 changed files with 23,268 additions and 8,923 deletions.
    3. Firmware updates for almost all devices
    4. GPU updates
    5. media/video updates
    6. exFat upgraded to 1.2.9
    7. Many updates to sound driver and various codecs
    8. Touch screen updates
    9. Too many more to list, you guys get the point...

4fb98c4be2161.png

Touchwiz Kitkat 4.4 VERSION:
    10.07.2014: http://goo.gl/jYQ2FD
    4fb98c4be2161.png

09.21.2014: http://goo.gl/Z2rwwX

AOSP Kitkat 4.4 VERSION:
    09.21.2014: http://goo.gl/ivG3dI

Change Log 09.21.2014
    1. Sound Control (Faux Sound): add line gain to cached and register lock
    2. i2c_qup: Massive rewrite to improve pm_runtime handling
    3. WLAN subsystem: Sysctl support for key TCP/IP parameters It has been observed that default values for some of key tcp/ip
    parameters are affecting the tput/performance of the system.
    4. Trying different flags in KTweaker widget to try and stop it from getting killed by the ROM.
    4fb98c4be2161.png

Since this is the first release, you might want to backup your TWRP folder before installing. Your old existing TWRP "Preferences/Settings" more than likely be deleted and started over, so dont get nervous.

Change Log 08.23.2014
    1. Initial release
    2. Merged in all the latest from Team Win
    3. Using my kernel as the back-bone
    4. New cool percentages screen area when doing a backup and restore that is more informative as to the progress.
    5. On official TWRP, backups for CM took 128 seconds, mine took 76 seconds. Restore was about same gain.
    6. Fixed the random screen waking up issue
    7. Screen no longer wakes when u hit the screen or capacitive buttons.
    8. Once time zone is set, the time issue does not exist for me that some people have mentioned.
    9. Kernel is based on NG2 so hopefully it will help out people that have been having issues with bad backups and ones that just dont work at all

ENJOY THE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    4fb98c4be2161.png

08.10.2014: http://goo.gl/sjisAS

AOSP Kitkat 4.4 VERSION:
    08.10.2014: http://goo.gl/HTxtYP

Change Log 08.10.2013
    1. The first 2 are the stuff from the OTA only release from 08.03
    2. Merged in Faux sound
    3. Linux 3.4.100
    4. Linux 3.4.101
    5. Linux 3.4.102
    6. On AOSP, merged in all the latest stuff from "intervigilium" which will be the standard stock kernel for official CM.
    7. Adjusted ramdisk so Sprint can run the newest kernel

GUYS ON THE TEST ONES FROM EARLIER SHOULD RE-DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL RELEASE.