FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,668 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,481

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.1 Now Available!
7th July 2013, 08:24 PM |#1371  
Flag LUBIERZYN
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Oh, dear. That's not good.

Can you fill in the form from the op and attach your logs please?

That'll help me work out what's going wrong.

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Premium
..Have you tried Tickle My Android yet?

In log is that recompile succes no errors befor i do many mod on my system ui and all works ok now i cant i dont now why thanks for reply maybe tma 6.0 whil solve my problems
The Following User Says Thank You to luki2411 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luki2411 Ad-Free
7th July 2013, 08:47 PM |#1372  
Quote:
Originally Posted by luki2411

In log is that recompile succes no errors befor i do many mod on my system ui and all works ok now i cant i dont now why thanks for reply maybe tma 6.0 whil solve my problems

I don't know why either, I'm afraid. I'd need to see your logs and the information from the form to know precisely what's going wrong.
If you can share them, then I can see if I can fix your issue. :thumbup:

The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
7th July 2013, 10:17 PM |#1373  
Flag Culver City
Thanks Meter: 109

More
@Ticklefish, great script! I just tried to apply a battery MOD but failed trying to recompile. I was able to pull framework-res, decompiled it and installed it. Also pulled and decompiled systemui successfully. Applied battery MOD (Cyanogenmod9byPerka). Then attempted recompile on framekwork-res and it failed with below error. SystemUI recompiled with no errors..
Code:
Recompiling "framework-res.apk"
With Tickle My Android
(tinyurl.com\ticklemyandroid)

----------------

W: Could not find sources
I: Building resources...
invalid resource directory name: C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\res/drawable-ldrtl-hdpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\res/drawable-ldrtl-xhdpi
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 17, --target-sdk-version, 17, -F, C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8980600922465156043.tmp, -x, -0, arsc, -S, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:358)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:283)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:206)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:176)
        at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:228)
        at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:79)
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 17, --target-sdk-version,
17, -F, C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8980600922465156043.tmp, -x, -0, arsc, -S, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:357)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:336)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 17, --target-sdk-version, 17, -F, C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8980600922465156043.tmp, -x, -0, arsc, -S, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:89)
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:355)
        ... 6 more

----------------

Recompile Not Successful!

Press any key to continue . . .
7th July 2013, 11:11 PM |#1374  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex740il

@Ticklefish, great script! I just tried to apply a battery MOD but failed trying to recompile. I was able to pull framework-res, decompiled it and installed it. Also pulled and decompiled systemui successfully. Applied battery MOD (Cyanogenmod9byPerka). Then attempted recompile on framekwork-res and it failed with below error. SystemUI recompiled with no errors..

Code:
With Tickle My Android

----------------

invalid resource directory name: C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\res/drawable-ldrtl-hdpi
invalid resource directory name: C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\res/drawable-ldrtl-xhdpi
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 17, --target-sdk-version, 17, -F, C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8980600922465156043.tmp, -x, -0, arsc, -S, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 17, --target-sdk-version,
17, -F, C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8980600922465156043.tmp, -x, -0, arsc, -S, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
        ... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, --min-sdk-version, 17, --target-sdk-version, 17, -F, C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8980600922465156043.tmp, -x, -0, arsc, -S, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\res, -M, C:\TickleMyAndroid\_working\framework-res.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
        ... 6 more

----------------

Huh. I'd never heard of those drawable folders before. Guess I'd better update v6.0 to include them.

That's the good news. The bad news is that apktool still won't deal with them. I'll contact the dev behind apktool and hopefully we'll see an update soon.

The really good news is that you probably don't need to worry about it yet. If there are battery icons in your SystemUI.apk, they'll override the ones in framework-res.apk so that's the only app you need to recompile.

7th July 2013, 11:15 PM |#1375  
Quote:

Code:
With Tickle My Android

----------------

... 5 more
        ... 6 more

----------------

Can you share your framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk please?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
8th July 2013, 02:07 AM |#1376  
Deep South
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaditya

Possibly you got the process of making a flashable zip wrong

1.After Recompiling and preparing and/or zipaligning the app
2.Press Go the flashable zip menu.
3. a.Then! if its a system app(like Systemui.apk) hit 2! i.e Add system/app to project
b.if framework-res.apk hit 3 i.e add system/framework to project

4.Then hit 7 i.e create Flashable zip!

possibly users may hit 7 directly (after recompiling) and find their Flashable zip not working coz it basically has no apps and only commands to wipe your dalvik cache

HIt if i help

I guess im missing this part. Ill try this now.
8th July 2013, 04:14 AM |#1377  
Flag Culver City
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Can you share your framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk please?

Files attached in zip archive. Thanks for looking into it!
Attached Files
File Type: zip _in.zip - [Click for QR Code] (9.42 MB, 5 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex740il For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alex740il Ad-Free
8th July 2013, 06:50 PM |#1378  
Info 2 New Version Now Available!
Tickle My Android v6.0 is now available for download! Head to the op for the download link.

TMA is roughly three years old and was started when I was just a noob. Now I know how Android works a little bit better, it was time to rethink how Tickle My Android worked as well.
I've added new features, I've taken some away and I've put some in a different place. All to make the interface smoother and your experience using the tool that bit more enjoyable.

One of the big things you'll notice is that the icons you can use are now in the 'user_files' folder. You can now add your own, or remove those you don't like, and TMA will automatically include them. You can have up to 100 icon sets of each type. This means you can have up to 100 battery icon sets, up to 100 wifi icon sets, up to 100 softkey icon sets...and so on.
That's right...I said softkey icon sets. TMA v6.0 can change your softkeys now, as well as the usual icons.

The deodex menu has been rethought and is now a lot quicker and easier to use. Well, I say quicker. Deodexing is still a slow procedure, that's just the way it is. But it's easier now!

And I could go on. Download Tickle My Android v6.0 now, read the rewritten op's and see for yourself.

Any suggestions, problems, whatever..just let me know!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
8th July 2013, 08:25 PM |#1379  
Deep South
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Hopefully i can make 1 successful flashable zip of my own.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pangkoy08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pangkoy08 Ad-Free
8th July 2013, 08:31 PM |#1380  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangkoy08

Hopefully i can make 1 successful flashable zip of my own.

I've updated the ops with more detailed instructions about how to make a zip.
Between that and Madaitya's above post, you should be fine.
Obviously, let us know if there are any problems.

8th July 2013, 08:37 PM |#1381  
Quote:

Files attached in zip archive. Thanks for looking into it!

So these drawable folders are for images used by people who read Right To Left. That's why they're filled with images of speech balloons.
As I said, I don't think you need to worry about recompiling framework-res.apk for your battery mod as SystemUI.apk on its own should be fine.
If you do want to recompile framework-res.apk for some reason and you're still getting this error, you can get around this problem. You need to remove all mention of the files in these folders from public.xml and then delete the folders. It's a bit of a pain but it'd work.
Unless you need those images, in which you're out of luck for now and you'll have to wait for an update to apktool.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)