FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,669 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,482

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.1 Now Available!
8th July 2013, 08:37 PM |#1381  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex740il

Files attached in zip archive. Thanks for looking into it!

So these drawable folders are for images used by people who read Right To Left. That's why they're filled with images of speech balloons.
As I said, I don't think you need to worry about recompiling framework-res.apk for your battery mod as SystemUI.apk on its own should be fine.
If you do want to recompile framework-res.apk for some reason and you're still getting this error, you can get around this problem. You need to remove all mention of the files in these folders from public.xml and then delete the folders. It's a bit of a pain but it'd work.
Unless you need those images, in which you're out of luck for now and you'll have to wait for an update to apktool.

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Premium
..Have you tried Tickle My Android yet?
8th July 2013, 09:14 PM |#1382  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Ok so now with this new version i manage to change the status bar transparency but just in theory. I mean the tool doesn't give me any errors anymore but it doesn't change anything. The status bar stays the same.

Other things like changing the signal bar icon worked just fine even with the older version of the tool. I attached framework-res (before 'changing the transparency'). I don't know if it helps? Couldn't attach both systemui and framework because of some error. I'll attach systemui too separately if that helps in any way.
Attached Files
File Type: zip framework-res.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.55 MB, 0 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mihart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mihart Ad-Free
8th July 2013, 09:24 PM |#1383  
Flag Culver City
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

So these drawable folders are for images used by people who read Right To Left. That's why they're filled with images of speech balloons.
As I said, I don't think you need to worry about recompiling framework-res.apk for your battery mod as SystemUI.apk on its own should be fine.
If you do want to recompile framework-res.apk for some reason and you're still getting this error, you can get around this problem. You need to remove all mention of the files in these folders from public.xml and then delete the folders. It's a bit of a pain but it'd work.
Unless you need those images, in which you're out of luck for now and you'll have to wait for an update to apktool.

I recompiled SystemUI.apk and pushed it to /system/app but battery did not change.. ;/
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex740il For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alex740il Ad-Free
8th July 2013, 09:27 PM |#1384  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihart

Ok so now with this new version i manage to change the status bar transparency but just in theory. I mean the tool doesn't give me any errors anymore but it doesn't change anything. The status bar stays the same.

Other things like changing the signal bar icon worked just fine even with the older version of the tool. I attached framework-res (before 'changing the transparency'). I don't know if it helps? Couldn't attach both systemui and framework because of some error. I'll attach systemui too separately if that helps in any way.

What device are you using? What sort of rom are you on? And what version of Android?

8th July 2013, 09:28 PM |#1385  
Quote:

I recompiled SystemUI.apk and pushed it to /system/app but battery did not change.. ;/

Hmm. Can you fill in the form in the op please? And also copy and paste your logs.
I'll have a look and see if I can work out what's going on.

8th July 2013, 09:59 PM |#1386  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

What device are you using? What sort of rom are you on? And what version of Android?

Samsung Galaxy ACE 2 GT-I8160 . Unofficial CM10. jellybean 4.1.2
I also attached the systemui.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SystemUI.zip - [Click for QR Code] (851.0 KB, 0 views)
8th July 2013, 10:14 PM |#1387  
Flag Culver City
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Hmm. Can you fill in the form in the op please? And also copy and paste your logs.
I'll have a look and see if I can work out what's going on.

I got it working. Not sure why didnt work the first time around... Pulled the file, decompiled, modded, recompiled, pushed it and restarted. New battery icons showing up as they should. Thanks!!
8th July 2013, 10:24 PM |#1388  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodmeister

From what i remember, i get installing update then it cuts back to the zip options (ie select zip from sdcard etc etc) will post an exact copy of what displays when i can get another zip created as I deleted the zip as it didnt seem to work.

I will try and do this tonight, if not tonight then tomorrow.

Thankfully (re moving) didnt have a lot to move, just the important stuffs - clothes and my computer haha!!!

As i mentioned above, it starts by saying installing then it goes back to the main menu - no tickle my android text or anything - also tried adding the framework-res.apk after "prepare system app for pushing" and adding it to the project then creating the flashable zip, still nothing happens.

I'm at a loss as to what to do
8th July 2013, 11:19 PM |#1389  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihart

Samsung Galaxy ACE 2 GT-I8160 . Unofficial CM10. jellybean 4.1.2
I also attached the systemui.

It's more than likely that you will need to do something extra to your rom to get a transparent statusbar. It was a lot easier in the days of Gingerbread, but Jelly Bean is a different matter.
Best to check in your devices forum.

Quote:

I got it working. Not sure why didnt work the first time around... Pulled the file, decompiled, modded, recompiled, pushed it and restarted. New battery icons showing up as they should. Thanks!!

Excellent! @

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodmeister

As i mentioned above, it starts by saying installing then it goes back to the main menu - no tickle my android text or anything - also tried adding the framework-res.apk after "prepare system app for pushing" and adding it to the project then creating the flashable zip, still nothing happens.

Odd. It may be that your setup doesn't like the Universal Flashing Tool. I take it you can flash other zips?

9th July 2013, 12:29 AM |#1390  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Odd. It may be that your setup doesn't like the Universal Flashing Tool. I take it you can flash other zips?

Have not tried any other zips - not needed too as its worked fine for me within needing to flash any other zips - if i attach my framework-res.apk would someone be able to decompile/add the battery icons (number 41) and create a flashable zip for me to try? i could just by my computer that's messing me around?

Would be much appreciated

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: rar framework-res.rar - [Click for QR Code] (3.84 MB, 3 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to bodmeister For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bodmeister Ad-Free
9th July 2013, 02:58 AM |#1391  
Deep South
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Tried it but I failed. =(
Hello Ticklefish,

I tried making the docomo status bar with #53 battery icon without the text and Softkeys #10. I have already recomplied and I already have a flashable zip.

Here is my zip file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lqd8k0pt2...7-09%40934.zip

Here is the screenshot when I tried flashing it. I got this error.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	2102451  
The Following User Says Thank You to Pangkoy08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pangkoy08 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)