FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,661 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,474

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.1 Now Available!
3rd January 2013, 01:24 AM |#861  
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan1313

Here are the lines for gmail
gmail_widget_info.xml:2:

HTML Code:
<appwidget-provider android:minWidth="180.0dip" android:minHeight="180.0dip" android:updatePeriodMillis="0" android:initialLayout="@layout/widget" android:configure="com.google.android.gm.ui.MailboxSelectionActivityGmail" android:previewImage="@drawable/gmail_widget_preview" android:resizeMode="horizontal|vertical" android:minResizeWidth="180.0dip" android:minResizeHeight="110.0dip" android:widgetCategory="0x3"
xml-sw600dp\gmail_widget_info.xml:2
HTML Code:
<appwidget-provider android:minWidth="220.0dip" android:minHeight="220.0dip" android:updatePeriodMillis="0" android:initialLayout="@layout/widget" android:configure="com.google.android.gm.ui.MailboxSelectionActivityGmail" android:previewImage="@drawable/gmail_widget_preview" android:resizeMode="horizontal|vertical" android:widgetCategory="0x3"
xml\widget_info.xml:2:
HTML Code:
<appwidget-provider android:minWidth="180.0dip" android:minHeight="180.0dip" android:updatePeriodMillis="0" android:initialLayout="@layout/widget" android:configure="com.android.mail.ui.MailboxSelectionActivity" android:previewImage="@drawable/mail_widget_preview" android:resizeMode="horizontal|vertical" android:minResizeWidth="180.0dip" android:minResizeHeight="110.0dip" android:widgetCategory="0x3"
xml-sw600dp\widget_info.xml:2
HTML Code:
<appwidget-provider android:minWidth="220.0dip" android:minHeight="220.0dip" android:updatePeriodMillis="0" android:initialLayout="@layout/widget" android:configure="com.android.mail.ui.MailboxSelectionActivity" android:previewImage="@drawable/mail_widget_preview" android:resizeMode="horizontal|vertical" android:widgetCategory="0x3"
gReader xml line #2 for each widget
Large
HTML Code:
<appwidget-provider android:minWidth="250.0dip" android:minHeight="250.0dip" android:updatePeriodMillis="0" android:configure="com.noinnion.android.greader.reader.widget.WidgetLargeConfigure" android:previewImage="@drawable/widget_large_preview" android:resizeMode="horizontal|vertical" android:initialLayout="@layout/widget_large_v11" android:widgetCategory="0x3"
Medium
HTML Code:
<appwidget-provider android:minWidth="250.0dip" android:minHeight="110.0dip" android:updatePeriodMillis="0" android:initialLayout="@layout/widget_ticker_medium" android:configure="com.noinnion.android.greader.reader.widget.WidgetMediumConfigure" android:previewImage="@drawable/widget_medium_preview" android:resizeMode="horizontal|vertical" android:initialKeyguardLayout="@layout/widget_ticker_medium" android:widgetCategory="0x3"
Small
HTML Code:
<appwidget-provider android:minWidth="250.0dip" android:minHeight="40.0dip" android:updatePeriodMillis="0" android:initialLayout="@layout/widget_ticker_small" android:configure="com.noinnion.android.greader.reader.widget.WidgetSmallConfigure" android:previewImage="@drawable/widget_small_preview" android:resizeMode="horizontal|vertical" android:initialKeyguardLayout="@layout/widget_ticker_small" android:widgetCategory="0x3"
I am very new to this and am trying to figure this stuff out. I am not a programmer and don't come from a computer background, so some of this stuff is Greek to me. I appreciate everyone's help especially Ticklefish.

Right...I think this is framework related. When you upgraded the firmware, did you install the new framework-res.apk in TMA?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
3rd January 2013, 01:27 AM |#862  
Thanks Meter: 127

Donate to Me
More
No. I will try that and report back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
3rd January 2013, 09:56 AM |#863  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 460

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Can you share your files please and let me know which icon you want? I'll do it on my end.

Sent from my SK17i using xda premium

can i do more? have tried a lot of times in different combinations but it gives me either no change or bootloop
3rd January 2013, 06:10 PM |#864  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Right...I think this is framework related. When you upgraded the firmware, did you install the new framework-res.apk in TMA?

Ok I tried that and I got the same results. Any other thoughts?
4th January 2013, 12:38 AM |#866  
Quote:

Ok I tried that and I got the same results. Any other thoughts?

No...but I'll see what I can find out..
4th January 2013, 12:54 AM |#867  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 460

More
Quote:

Try this out..

Working thanks for your efforts,1q, what did I wrong?

Sent from my LT25i using xda premium
4th January 2013, 01:23 AM |#868  
Quote:
Originally Posted by funiewski

Working thanks for your efforts,1q, what did I wrong?

Sent from my LT25i using xda premium

Well, there was a slight bug in that particular battery icon which explains it not showing up. But otherwise I just installed the resource files, decompiled SystemUI.apk, changed icons, recompiled and prepared.

Sent from my SK17i using xda premium
5th January 2013, 04:03 AM |#869  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No...but I'll see what I can find out..

I am still trying to figure this out. But this might point in the right direction:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ackage-android

This is over my head. Does this make sense to you? How can I fix it?
6th January 2013, 04:32 PM |#870  
Quote:

I am still trying to figure this out. But this might point in the right direction:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ackage-android

This is over my head. Does this make sense to you? How can I fix it?

Yes...but it's mainly for people making brand new app's. It does mention changing the manifest which is worth a try..
6th January 2013, 04:49 PM |#871  
New version out now!
Tickle My Android v5.0 Beta 003 is out now!

This version has a few minor bugfixes, one new toggle icon choice and two new features that I think will come in useful.

A logfile called "history.txt" is automatically generated in the user_files\logs folder. This will keep track of the files you've installed as resources, decompiled, recompiled and so on. No personal data is stored here, the idea is that this file can be shared here if you're experiencing problems with de/recompiling and I'll have a much clearer idea of what's going on.
This logfile is deleted every time you reset Tickle My Android.

And TMA now has support for other update-binary files.
What this means is, if you are experiencing an "error code:0" issue when trying to flash the zips you make, you can now ensure that all future zips will work.

Check out the op for details and a new download link.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)