[KERNEL][2.6.35.7][abenagiel-mode-x]custom kernel for FIH-FB0

Search This thread

vickkr

Sep 22, 2012
well i think It will be good if we concentrate on JellyBean as it will give best features to all of us .. :)

qifly

Jul 28, 2012
Tested on Huawei Ideos X6(U9000) with Andro-id Rc3.
Everything works great.I have test wifi,data,camera,video recoder and some other apps except keyboard swapped.I remember that I have been see a patch to resovle the keyboard issue.Let me have a look.

Reactions: abenagiel

nayneshdev

Oct 25, 2011
Surat
i installed RC3 kernel on Apanda rom ..... everything (wifi, tethering, camera etc. ) working well ...... it feels smoother and more battery friendly ....

thanks a lot aben ....... :good::good:

I Dont think kernel can improve battery life without some serious undervolting.

Sent from my FIH-FB0 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

nachiketa.ramesh

Jun 8, 2012
Bangalore
The two problems with the Jelly bean kernel (cmx) is that it degrades the graphics i think so games are slower and laggy than on ck kernel. The portrait to landscape and vice versa animations also aren't that smooth anymore. Otherwise great kernel and great battery.

I Dont think kernel can improve battery life without some serious undervolting.

just try to select "performance" governor and overclock your kernel to lets say 1.2 Ghz just for half hrs and then see battery life ......
and then try to select "powersave" governor and underclock your kernel to lets say 118 Mhz just for half hrs and then see battery life ......

hope your thinking might change ......

And AFAIK,
if a governor is not implemented correctly in any kernel, it will affect the performance and battery life adversely .....

and yes battery life management is more depended on rom , but kerrnel also affects the battery life ......

nachiketa.ramesh

Jun 8, 2012
Bangalore
@aloklike I think he means kernel to kernel performance wise. If you compare CKs and Abenagiels Kernels, both have Smartass V2 and InteractiveX which are supposedly the best governers. So on the same governer, does kernel really matter?

Reactions: nayneshdev

abenagiel

Feb 5, 2011
Jakarta
The two problems with the Jelly bean kernel (cmx) is that it degrades the graphics i think so games are slower and laggy than on ck kernel. The portrait to landscape and vice versa animations also aren't that smooth anymore. Otherwise great kernel and great battery.

my graphics performance litle bit lower than ck kernel,, i improve my kernel step by steps,, i've done some experiment on memory management and cpu consumption,, lowering cpu voltage and correcting miss type on several string on kernel source.. also removing deep sleep metodh that causing wifi SOD (very hard to trace this issue),, now i'm try to improve some driver to boosting performance including gpu driver.. and my goal on my kernel development is to get smooth and more performance but good for battery life..

nayneshdev

Oct 25, 2011
Surat
J
just try to select "performance" governor and overclock your kernel to lets say 1.2 Ghz just for half hrs and then see battery life ......
and then try to select "powersave" governor and underclock your kernel to lets say 118 Mhz just for half hrs and then see battery life ......

hope your thinking might change ......

And AFAIK,
if a governor is not implemented correctly in any kernel, it will affect the performance and battery life adversely .....

and yes battery life management is more depended on rom , but kerrnel also affects the battery life ......

My friend if you really want to understand this then you should probably look at the sources. Running at 1.2 GHz obviously requires more voltage then 128 MHz. So when you are lowering the clock its the lowering of the voltage which is responsible for better battery.
No offences. I thought you wanted. To improve gaming on rc3 which isn't possible just by changing. The kernel.

Last edited:

ardX

Mar 6, 2011
SBY
www.ittelkom-sby.ac.id
J

My friend if you really want to understand this then you should probably look at the sources. Running at 1.2 GHz obviously requires more voltage then 128 MHz. So when you are lowering the clock its the lowering of the voltage which is responsible for better battery.
No offences. I thought you wanted. To improve gaming on rc3 which isn't possible just by changing. The kernel.

orly.jpg

so you think kernel developers are ... useless?
then why there're ton of recognized developers optimize the ROM using modified kernel not just using stock kernel for their rom? as you say, the kernel are same.

Reactions: aloklike

nayneshdev

Oct 25, 2011
Surat
Sorry aloklike, ardX for my bad

orly.jpg

so you think kernel developers are ... useless?
then why there're ton of recognized developers optimize the ROM using modified kernel not just using stock kernel for their rom? as you say, the kernel are same.

@aloklike, @ardX I ask for sincere appologies if you are perplexed by what I had written, probably my english wasn't sufficiently accurate to convey the info that I wanted to pass on. I never meant nor do i believe that kernel developers are useless.

rivelta

Sep 10, 2011
bijilu.com
dear bro aben , your auto mount swap its not effective because percentage of load data only 10% , but i have solution for the most simple way for do load big data on ics based rom
try this and copy to /etc/init.d folders.

caution :

- this is fully function swap feature (100%) linked when data loaded, and make your sd card life weak.
- the optimal swap partition is 400 MB
- check your usage swap in terminal and type "free"

my comment about your kernel :

- your kernel is really good and more stable
- your idea is briliant adding swap as additional for increase perfomance :good:
- wi-fi problem is totally solved ! :good:
- still have problem with display (blur fonts/ not focused )

Attachments

• swap.zip
    994 bytes · Views: 30
Reactions: Arya_3RDNumber

nayneshdev

Oct 25, 2011
Surat
Hi abenagiel

Really your fan now. Just wanted to request that if there is some way by which you can implement overclocking the GPU. I m not sure whether it is possible for adreno 205.

Also not heard anything more abput the Team FIH-FB0. What are the team's immediate plans? Can we see an update to the qiss me rom.

Thanks

Arya_3RDNumber

Feb 26, 2012
LG V20
Hi abenagiel

Really your fan now. Just wanted to request that if there is some way by which you can implement overclocking the GPU. I m not sure whether it is possible for adreno 205.

Also not heard anything more abput the Team FIH-FB0. What are the team's immediate plans? Can we see an update to the qiss me rom.

Thanks

As we know,CK doesnt come again for long times,there might be reason from CK,,
Abenagiel working by self,,so let him give best choice for developing and focus for one object
Not forgot all who develop/fix some ROM and bug,,but in fact, now abenagiel working byself

Just suggest for you all,,let's discuss,report,give experience,or give possible fix all about Jelly Bean and his kernel release :)

Abenagiel just have one brain and a pair of hand :D :D :D

Sent from my Spice Mi-410 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ABENAGIEL KERNEL DEVELOPMENT

custom kernel 2.6.35.7 for FIH-FB0 variant

FEATURES :
    Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]
    compiled with linaro arm-eabi gcc-4.6.2
    KSM ready
    swap support
    frontswap
    CPU clock ranges 24 MHZ to 2 GHZ
    zram
    etc..
    [/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    CPUfreq GOVERNORS LIST :
    Code:
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=Blue]CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE
    CPU_FREQ_GOV_POWERSAVE
    CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE
    CPU_FREQ_GOV_ONDEMANDX
    CPU_FREQ_GOV_ONDEMAND
    CPU_FREQ_GOV_CONSERVATIVE
    CPU_FREQ_GOV_INTERACTIVEX
    CPU_FREQ_GOV_INTERACTIVE
    CPU_FREQ_GOV_SMARTASS
    CPU_FREQ_GOV_BRAZILIANWAX
    CPU_FREQ_GOV_SMARTASS2
    CPU_FREQ_GOV_LAGFREE
    CPU_FREQ_GOV_LAZY[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

DOWNLOAD LINK :

CM7 (GB)
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="http://d-h.st/Kx6"]35.7-oct.4-cm7[/URL][/CENTER]
    CM9 (ICS)
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="http://d-h.st/3j5"]35.7-oct.4-cm9[/URL][/CENTER]
    CM9 plus partially fixed camcorder using GB modified stock cam
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="http://d-h.st/Axe"]35.7-oct.26-cm9_plus_partially_camcorder_fix.zip[/URL][/CENTER]
    *key layout will be normally
    *i suggest to flash with fresh installed rom
    *or flash this update layout [URL]http://d-h.st/azb[/URL]
    CM10 (JB)
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="http://d-h.st/LE5"]35.7-oct.4-cmx[/URL][/CENTER]

AUTO MOUNT SWAP PARTITION
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="http://d-h.st/z3U"]AUTO-MOUNT-SWAP[/URL][/CENTER]
    *FOR AUTO MOUNT SWAP, MAKE SURE YOUR SDCARD HAVE A SWAP PARTITION
    this is kernel for sharp rom and andro-id rc3 features same as cm kernel just here i'm using gcc4.4.3

SHARP ROM (GB)
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="http://d-h.st/kHP"]443-35.7-oct.7-sharp-gb[/URL][/CENTER]

ANDRO-ID RC3 (GB)
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="http://d-h.st/2TD"]443-35.7-oct.7-andro-id-rc3-gb[/URL][/CENTER]

actually i'm not test this kernel yet,, just let me know some feedbacks..

kernel source
    Code:
    [CENTER][URL="https://github.com/abenagiel/android_kernel_fih_msm7x30"]KERNEL SOURCE @ GITHUB[/URL][/CENTER]
    I paused the kernel dev for a while because I'm focused on cm10 dev..
    I will write on my note for all requested features..
    Thanks for all suggestions.. :thumbup:

Sent from my FIH-FB0 using xda app

my graphics performance litle bit lower than ck kernel,, i improve my kernel step by steps,, i've done some experiment on memory management and cpu consumption,, lowering cpu voltage and correcting miss type on several string on kernel source.. also removing deep sleep metodh that causing wifi SOD (very hard to trace this issue),, now i'm try to improve some driver to boosting performance including gpu driver.. and my goal on my kernel development is to get smooth and more performance but good for battery life..
    sharp and andro-id rc3 kernel uploaded..
    see the second post
    i'm not test it yet,, please make some report.. ^_^