[Q] HTC wildfire S best custom ROM

Search This thread

sukhjit321

Feb 2, 2012
New Delhi
The amount of apps you can install depends on which you choose Link2sd or Data2sd. Choose link2sd if your card is of class 4 or less. Go for data2sd only if you have a good card..

Almost all the ROMs are good here...

Personally I prefer these according to their spec.

Sense 2.1 / GB2.3.5
Wildchild
hensemod
Mindhaxor GB2.3.5 The thread was deleted so sorry can't get you the link.

Sense 3.5/ GB 2.3.5
EQDKP 3.5

CM7

CM9 Alpha 3 Im using this currently.

Also these ROMS are also a go:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1683874
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1515120

Hope it helped. :)

thippesh

May 2, 2012
Bangalore
The amount of apps you can install depends on which you choose Link2sd or Data2sd. Choose link2sd if your card is of class 4 or less. Go for data2sd only if you have a good card..

Sense 2.1 / GB2.3.5
Wildchild
hensemod

Sense 3.5/ GB 2.3.5
EQDKP 3.5

CM7

Ya, it's really helped too, thanks for your simple and superb post,
Then which mobile can I chose means- HTC wildfire s or HTC explorer,
please direct answers just like above

Thank U
Sent from my HTC desire_HD using xda app-developers app

sukhjit321

Feb 2, 2012
New Delhi

Thank U

I have both HTC Wildfire S and HTC Explorer. I would still prefer Wildfire S over explorer. The only drawback of WFS is that the processor is slightly older.
But WFS has a good android development team but there is just a single ROM for Explorer.

Go for Wildfire S. Its worth it.

thippesh

May 2, 2012
Bangalore
I have both HTC Wildfire S and HTC Explorer. I would still prefer Wildfire S over explorer. The only drawback of WFS is that the processor is slightly older.
But WFS has a good android development team but there is just a single ROM for Explorer.

Thank thank thank U......
Exactly that's what I'm looking.....

seffparker

Jul 23, 2012
Custom WFS ROM on S-ON?

Can I install HenseMod7 on my S-ON Wildfire S?

Im asking this because, in the steps for installing HenseMod7 there is some steps only of S-OFF devices... That means HenseMod7 is intended for S-ON devices too (S-ON means UNROOT too)

So my question is the HenseMod7 can be installed on my UNROOTED + S-ON Wildfire S?

sukhjit321

Feb 2, 2012
New Delhi
Can I install HenseMod7 on my S-ON Wildfire S?

Im asking this because, in the steps for installing HenseMod7 there is some steps only of S-OFF devices... That means HenseMod7 is intended for S-ON devices too (S-ON means UNROOT too)

So my question is the HenseMod7 can be installed on my UNROOTED + S-ON Wildfire S?

You need SOff or S-On with unlocked bootloader + root.

Reactions: seffparker

dotbugfix

Jul 26, 2012
Pune
The Wildfire S has that really irritating low internal memory problem when on stock.

Use the Data2SD flashable ZIP included with most ROMs posted up there. You can use ROM Manager to quickly partition your SD card (but it formats it so you lose all data on it).

If you use a Sense ROM, then Facebook for HTC Sense will pump your ContactStorage with profile pics, so even if you do Link2SD (which doesn't link system apps), you might run into low mem after a few 1000 messages and syncing contacts with fb.

deanial

Jul 12, 2012
.theme prob

.guys i've downloaded some themes for this ROM alpha6.

.after applying these themes, nothing happens. i mean, icons are still the same.

.the only theme that worked for me is the outline theme for cm9.

.anyone with the same prob? thanks for the ROM though its great :)

Sense 2.1 / GB2.3.5
Wildchild
hensemod

Sense 3.5/ GB 2.3.5
EQDKP 3.5

CM7

in addition to this great post, you should also save what you want if you havent flashed your phone yet, and partition your SD card so that it will have a swap and apps partition that the phone will throw apps to instead of the phone memory by default. i have a 32GB sd card myself so it gets a 4096MB apps ext3 partition, and a 1025MB swap partition. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for better performance. by default, Android does NOT have a very large swap file, if at all. this all can be achieved by using the ClockWorkMod Recovery Image. Use that to achieve your partitions instead of using a PC.

Reactions: thippesh

finance.resat

Apr 24, 2012
Dhaka
in addition to this great post, you should also save what you want if you havent flashed your phone yet, and partition your SD card so that it will have a swap and apps partition that the phone will throw apps to instead of the phone memory by default. i have a 32GB sd card myself so it gets a 4096MB apps ext3 partition, and a 1025MB swap partition. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for better performance. by default, Android does NOT have a very large swap file, if at all. this all can be achieved by using the ClockWorkMod Recovery Image. Use that to achieve your partitions instead of using a PC.

Don't U think 4096 is too much:confused: I have seen many user post that one can only have up to 2GB!

willpower102

Apr 20, 2006
knoxville, tn
For daily use wildchild is the best. It can play games overclock and everything else so well with lots of free internal memory.;)
What makes wildchild better than the others listed above? Also I've noticed that de-odexed roms are supposedly slower than odexed roms? Which one is wildchild and would an odexed rom run better on this phone with the low internal memory?

MIUI V4 is the best Rom.
What makes mui better than wildchild?

The Wildfire S has that really irritating low internal memory problem when on stock.

Use the Data2SD flashable ZIP included with most ROMs posted up there. You can use ROM Manager to quickly partition your SD card (but it formats it so you lose all data on it).

If you use a Sense ROM, then Facebook for HTC Sense will pump your ContactStorage with profile pics, so even if you do Link2SD (which doesn't link system apps), you might run into low mem after a few 1000 messages and syncing contacts with fb.

This is the EXACT problem I have with links2sd on the wildfire s I currently have.
However, everyone suggests, on this rom and others, that if you don't have a class 6 or above card, then don't use apps2sd or data2sd (are these the same?)
I have the stock 2gb card that came in the wildfire s and I believe it's a class 2 or 4 maybe? Is this going to be a problem with the stock card?

Also I think this has to be setup as a gold card or something? I can't remember how it works with this phone

willpower102

Apr 20, 2006
knoxville, tn
WildChild mentions that he has odex and de-odex? Which one does everyone recommend? Odex has 117 mb free, de-odex only has 77mb free.

Also Wildchild only used app2sd, not data2sd.
Hensemod uses links2sd which is where the super slowdowns on my phone are coming from per above.

How would I use data2sd instead on either of these?
(I tested my sd card speed and it's 6mb a sec easy)

rjshrjndrn

Dec 8, 2011
trivandrum

Right... I tested many custom roms and finally stuck in stock sense with dust kernal and link2sd.... Pretty good and stable....:)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: shanbca

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sense 2.1 / GB2.3.5
    Wildchild
    hensemod

Sense 3.5/ GB 2.3.5
    EQDKP 3.5

CM7

Thank U

Hello guys please tell me the best custom ROM for
    my htc wildfire S
    for best performance and installing more apps

There's no best rom, try all of them and choose the one that suits you, we are different people with diferent taste and the one that is best for me maybe is the worst for you

You have a thanks button and don't know what to do with it...
    Just press it
    For daily use wildchild is the best. It can play games overclock and everything else so well with lots of free internal memory.;)
    Hey now check htc wildfire s
    and
    htc explorer/pico
    dev thread lots of improved on explorer, have the full stable ics, dev jb and port htc desire c

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app

yeah unfortunately we got great self acclaiming develpers.. So if U dont wanna waste ur time, never try the JB or cm10 roms of wildfire s... no offence but believe me I have passed months trying to get anything out of them... so all i did is compile my own rom... U can do it... I ll do too,, after the developers fail to do so.... the reason im not doing cause they dont even acknowledge the works they used...(main requirement of a recognised developer...).. And they lock thread after abusing people

they promise so much but deliver nothing at all,,, But they do know there is lots of working JB & CM10 around...:laugh: so wait till I start it...(if I can go so far, problem is im from banking background):good: