Sprint LG G2 - Lock screen not activating, Home soft key not working...

Search This thread

metar0n

Nov 14, 2007
This just started occuring this afternoon before and after I installed the latest ZVA firmware:

1. The "Home" soft button responds to my touch - as in I get the visual and haptic feedback as if I've touched the soft button but it refuses to actually DO anything. I can hit the Home button on any screen and any app and it takes me nowhere.

2. The Lock screen is no longer activating - as in I let the screen hit the timeout and let it set for a few minutes. If I try to "knock" on or use the power button, it opens right back up where I left it with no Lock screen.

I hope this makes sense. I'm really stumped here. Like I said, it just started happening this afternoon and I figured that it was some weirdness to due w/ the pending OTA update. After installing the OTA update, the problems persist.

I'd rather not do a factory reset, but I will if I must :mad:

Sep 9, 2010
kitkat disaster

This just started occuring this afternoon before and after I installed the latest ZVA firmware:

1. The "Home" soft button responds to my touch - as in I get the visual and haptic feedback as if I've touched the soft button but it refuses to actually DO anything. I can hit the Home button on any screen and any app and it takes me nowhere.

2. The Lock screen is no longer activating - as in I let the screen hit the timeout and let it set for a few minutes. If I try to "knock" on or use the power button, it opens right back up where I left it with no Lock screen.

I hope this makes sense. I'm really stumped here. Like I said, it just started happening this afternoon and I figured that it was some weirdness to due w/ the pending OTA update. After installing the OTA update, the problems persist.

I'd rather not do a factory reset, but I will if I must :mad:

same here, my tmobile d801 updated to stock kitkat via OTA, i was able to keep root but I was encountering "BLUETOOTH" battery drain even when bluetooth was not enabled so i did a factory reset and got a black screen with white error message
"boot certificate error"

after that the phone reboots but i have the same problems

1. Home button does not do anything but does respond to touch.

2. Notifications are not working anymore.

3. Lockscreen is not working even when enabled in settings

4. I cannot factory wipe, from settings or using volume down + power button.

5. Settings are in a list view instead of tabbed.

:crying:

skylinett

Apr 3, 2010
same here, my tmobile d801 updated to stock kitkat via OTA, i was able to keep root but I was encountering "BLUETOOTH" battery drain even when bluetooth was not enabled so i did a factory reset and got a black screen with white error message
"boot certificate error"

after that the phone reboots but i have the same problems

1. Home button does not do anything but does respond to touch.

2. Notifications are not working anymore.

3. Lockscreen is not working even when enabled in settings

4. I cannot factory wipe, from settings or using volume down + power button.

5. Settings are in a list view instead of tabbed.

:crying:

Bringing this old post up as I just now encountered this on my AT&T LG G2. It occurred when I was using Google Maps which then crashed and caused everything to freeze. Upon reboot, I get the exact same issues as stated above. What was the outcome for you guys? Did you end up doing a hard reset?

Everything appears to be functioning with the exception of above. I'm suspecting a software issue with the home launcher as the soft keys are responsive but the Home one. The Notification Bar lags when trying to drag it down, but none of the notifications are functioning. I also noticed a significant amount of lag. Prior to the "crash" my phone was flawless with no lag for the past 10 months. I absolutely have no clue what just happened...