[Q] Wifi not working after HyperdriveOTA update

Search This thread

sammorin22

Mar 1, 2014
I am new to this forum but not to the rooting and custom rom community, so I don't know if this is posted in the wrong section of the forum. I have a Verizon Galaxy Note 3 running Safestrap and currently running Hyperdrive RLS4 rom. I am trying to upgrade to rls6 but the wifi wont work after I flashed it so I restored back to rls4 from my backup file. I tried flashing the rom after a clean wipe of my rom-slot-1 and the wifi works but I obviously need all my stuff, so I want to update from rls4 to rls6. After flashing the OTA zip I downloaded, it all starts up fine but the wifi will not turn on. Of course my first thought is that I need to flash modules, because that's what I always had to do with my S4. So I went to my stock rom and looked for system/lib/modules so I could copy to my external sd card and paste while on my Hyperdrive rom. Well apparently modules are no longer located there, so I have no clue what to do about this.

Am I updating wrong or am I doing any of this right? I really need some help with this...

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I am new to this forum but not to the rooting and custom rom community, so I don't know if this is posted in the wrong section of the forum. I have a Verizon Galaxy Note 3 running Safestrap and currently running Hyperdrive RLS4 rom. I am trying to upgrade to rls6 but the wifi wont work after I flashed it so I restored back to rls4 from my backup file. I tried flashing the rom after a clean wipe of my rom-slot-1 and the wifi works but I obviously need all my stuff, so I want to update from rls4 to rls6. After flashing the OTA zip I downloaded, it all starts up fine but the wifi will not turn on. Of course my first thought is that I need to flash modules, because that's what I always had to do with my S4. So I went to my stock rom and looked for system/lib/modules so I could copy to my external sd card and paste while on my Hyperdrive rom. Well apparently modules are no longer located there, so I have no clue what to do about this.

Am I updating wrong or am I doing any of this right? I really need some help with this...

Build 4 is on the older firmware and build 6 is the newest MJE firmware, you would have to use Odin to flash stock MJE, then root it and install HyperDrive. With the kernel from an older build WiFi will not turn on with a MJE ROM.

Reactions: sammorin22

sammorin22

Mar 1, 2014
Build 4 is on the older firmware and build 6 is the newest MJE firmware, you would have to use Odin to flash stock MJE, then root it and install HyperDrive. With the kernel from an older build WiFi will not turn on with a MJE ROM.

I couldn't find the reason anywhere. I will try that. Thank you so much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.