[Q] Switching phones

Search This thread

GHE_1908

Jan 14, 2014
Melbourne
Hello xda,

I have a Galaxy S i9000, have had it for 2 years and played around with roms and modding; I am very familiar with this kind of stuff.

I am switching to a new phone soon, and it will definitely be an HTC phone, either a One or a One M8.
I originally thought of getting the 2013 One to save some money, but I was wondering if the performance is good on custom roms like cm11, pa 4.2 etc. (sorry if it is a really obvious question to you ppl, I have a phone with a single core 1ghz processor and cm11 is sooo laggy)

Another question, if i get the HTC one 2013, I will definitely get S Off with revone on it. can anyone tell me if there is a command to revert it back to S On after getting S off?

Cheers and thanks,

George

Edit: Please don't say anything about my Nexus 5, it is my 'hacking' device, where I do random $%#@ to it. I dont use it for daily use, only for rom testing etc etc. I know its weird, but I want an HTC for my daily driver

Last edited:

kartik.kayz

Oct 1, 2011
Hello xda,

I have a Galaxy S i9000, have had it for 2 years and played around with roms and modding; I am very familiar with this kind of stuff.

I am switching to a new phone soon, and it will definitely be an HTC phone, either a One or a One M8.
I originally thought of getting the 2013 One to save some money, but I was wondering if the performance is good on custom roms like cm11, pa 4.2 etc. (sorry if it is a really obvious question to you ppl, I have a phone with a single core 1ghz processor and cm11 is sooo laggy)

Another question, if i get the HTC one 2013, I will definitely get S Off with revone on it. can anyone tell me if there is a command to revert it back to S On after getting S off?

Cheers and thanks,

George

Edit: Please don't say anything about my Nexus 5, it is my 'hacking' device, where I do random $%#@ to it. I dont use it for daily use, only for rom testing etc etc. I know its weird, but I want an HTC for my daily driver

Okay I am not sure that htc one can be reverted to s-on back but i saw somewhere that there are modded bootloaders and they read s-on and locked even if you are s-off and have a unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my Nokia 3315.