[F3212/F3216][KERNEL][STOCK] Stock kernels built from sources

Search This thread

rrvuhpg

Jan 2, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi,

I will release here my updated "boot.img" files for the Xperia XA Ultra Dual Sim.
You must have an unlocked bootloader to flash with Fastboot.
You don't need to be on the same firmware as the boot image that you want to flash.
You have to flash SuperSu again from TWRP just after flashed new boot to avoid bootloop.
All boot images have "ro.secure=0" and "ro.debuggable=1" in default.prop file
and "forcencrypt" of internal memory switched to "encryptable" in fstab.mt6755 file.

The Fastboot command is:

fastboot flash boot NAMEOFIMAGE.img

Follow the guide from @Yooooomi to flash new firmware on your Ultra to avoid bugs and brick: https://xdaforums.com/xa-ultra/how-to/flashing-xa-ultra-flashtool-t3551319

Releases:

12/28/2016: From 36.0.B.2.109 kernel sources and Ramdisk from 36.0.B.2.109 firmware.
https://mega.nz/#!cxI3SJaC!o-aqc2gUZufDJefKaxGRxRhekEq32B1bIDB3ROxyd7Y

04/01/2017: From 36.0.B.2.146 kernel sources and Ramdisk from 36.0.B.2.146 firmware.
https://mega.nz/#!VhwRQLqR!rOqEFWeOC3IQKl4aDw7P_v0U2wmZtBPXk_MSDJMEy9k

Last edited:

klengjaua

Dec 26, 2016
After testing I found out that the boot does have problems
Which are:
1-Screen doesn't turn off completely, it stays at a very dark state which can be noticed in extreme low light conditions and if u turn the screen back on u will notice a a static on the screen and then it functions normally.
2-system brightness level meter doesn't work but third party apps can be used to change that.

Hope that helps and u come with even better boot in the future and thank u in advance.

Reactions: rrvuhpg

rrvuhpg

Jan 2, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro
Which are:
1-Screen doesn't turn off completely, it stays at a very dark state which can be noticed in extreme low light conditions and if u turn the screen back on u will notice a a static on the screen and then it functions normally.
2-system brightness level meter doesn't work but third party apps can be used to change that.

Hope that helps and u come with even better boot in the future and thank u in advance.

Hi, thank you for the feedback. I don't have any unlocked Ultra (only have a unlocked XA F3112) so I can't test new releases or try to debug anything. I don't make any changes to the kernel source code, only build the kernel and repack it in a stock ramdisk with very small changes for root, nothing more. I hope that an user will be able to fix bugs.

Nrsoto

Jan 28, 2017
Hi, thank you for the feedback. I don't have any unlocked Ultra (only have a unlocked XA F3112) so I can't test new releases or try to debug anything. I don't make any changes to the kernel source code, only build the kernel and repack it in a stock ramdisk with very small changes for root, nothing more. I hope that an user will be able to fix bugs.

These are the fixes you mentioned?

Apr 21, 2016

For those who are struggling with the front facing camera, I finally solved it without installing any kernel or modify anything from the system. Downgrade to 36.0.A.1.111 (should be the one one with service unit exchange or smth like that). Had installed gapps stock (but I suggest u don't delete the Sony camera app - Instagram and Snapchat work perfectly fine) + xposed + adoptable storage.
As a final mention my devie is F3211

Last edited:
Reactions: rrvuhpg

Nrsoto

Jan 28, 2017
For those who are struggling with the front facing camera, I finally solved it without installing any kernel or modify anything from the system. Downgrade to 36.0.A.1.111 (should be the one one with service unit exchange or smth like that). Had installed gapps stock (but I suggest u don't delete the Sony camera app - Instagram and Snapchat work perfectly fine) + xposed + adoptable storage.
Sorry, how did you do it, my cel no focusing camera frontal before unlocked boot loader , you device Does the same

Apr 21, 2016
Sorry, how did you do it, my cel no focusing camera frontal before unlocked boot loader , you device Does the same

Here's step by step what I did, I hope it will work for your device too:
1. Go to xperifirm and download the 36.0.A.1.111 firmware (service unit exchange)
2. Create a bundle on the flashtool within the firmware folder
3. Flash it
4. Happy rooting!

There is however something I have to mention about this fw: you'll probably not receive any system updates

IF U ARE A SNAPCHAT USER install Snapchat before messing the system up with xposed

Talal Tango

Oct 20, 2014

Since you've mentioned snapchat allow me to ask. I'm on stock and I've just received the 36.0.B.2.109 update (hings are kinda slow in Egypt).
But no matter how many updates I get, snapchat quality is terrible on the front facing shooter. It's only good when it's really sunny. Other than that it's extremely dark to the point that sometimes you can't even recognize faces ! Have you ever run into that ? If yes or no what do you recommend ?

Apr 21, 2016
Since you've mentioned snapchat allow me to ask. I'm on stock and I've just received the 36.0.B.2.109 update (hings are kinda slow in Egypt).
But no matter how many updates I get, snapchat quality is terrible on the front facing shooter. It's only good when it's really sunny. Other than that it's extremely dark to the point that sometimes you can't even recognize faces ! Have you ever run into that ? If yes or no what do you recommend ?

I had one bug with snapchat on the same firmware you are using but it was more app related rather than a camera quality issue. every time I opened sc the image would tend to get darker (not to mention the app itself was kinda slow) and the only fix I could find is moving the app back to internal storage (but again, this was an app bug). the only thing i can tell you is experimenting with other fws until you find one that could fix your issue, otherwise sorry but i have no idea.

Reactions: Talal Tango

Talal Tango

Oct 20, 2014
I had one bug with snapchat on the same firmware you are using but it was more app related rather than a camera quality issue. every time I opened sc the image would tend to get darker (not to mention the app itself was kinda slow) and the only fix I could find is moving the app back to internal storage (but again, this was an app bug). the only thing i can tell you is experimenting with other fws until you find one that could fix your issue, otherwise sorry but i have no idea.

I've had this issue on all firmwares up until the one i mentioned. And yeah i didn't even use my external usage yet, so it seems that im having a different issues although we both got dark images. I would try different firmwares but I dont know what sony did to make the battery much better on the recent firmware. I'll try messing around till I find the culprit.
Thanks.

Talal Tango

Oct 20, 2014
Help Downgrading to .111

So I've download the .111 service exchange unit firmware from Xpefirm, and created a bundle to flash it through flash tool, this is what I get in the attachment. What wrong am I doing here ? This is my first time dealing with Xpefirm so please guide me on what do from here

Attachments

• sony.jpg
    sony.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 262

Pandawa3

May 10, 2016
Avignon
Hi !
I've tested that because I really like root and it's works for me, but I have one problem with snapchat, when I try to connect I get this message :
I don't have xposed on this phone, just the root, and if I delete the root, it's the same problem.
Have you a solution for that ?
Thank you !

Attachments

• How-to-fix-login-temporarily-failed-on-Snapchat.png
    How-to-fix-login-temporarily-failed-on-Snapchat.png
    237.6 KB · Views: 143

Talal Tango

Oct 20, 2014
Hi !
I've tested that because I really like root and it's works for me, but I have one problem with snapchat, when I try to connect I get this message :
I don't have xposed on this phone, just the root, and if I delete the root, it's the same problem.
Thank you !

By deleting root, I assume you tried to delete the root app not root access itself.
You have to go back to stock rom, install snapchat, log in, root your phone and never log out.

Reactions: Pandawa3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I will release here my updated "boot.img" files for the Xperia XA Ultra Dual Sim.
    You must have an unlocked bootloader to flash with Fastboot.
    You don't need to be on the same firmware as the boot image that you want to flash.
    You have to flash SuperSu again from TWRP just after flashed new boot to avoid bootloop.
    All boot images have "ro.secure=0" and "ro.debuggable=1" in default.prop file
    and "forcencrypt" of internal memory switched to "encryptable" in fstab.mt6755 file.

The Fastboot command is:

fastboot flash boot NAMEOFIMAGE.img

Follow the guide from @Yooooomi to flash new firmware on your Ultra to avoid bugs and brick: https://xdaforums.com/xa-ultra/how-to/flashing-xa-ultra-flashtool-t3551319

Releases:

12/28/2016: From 36.0.B.2.109 kernel sources and Ramdisk from 36.0.B.2.109 firmware.
    https://mega.nz/#!cxI3SJaC!o-aqc2gUZufDJefKaxGRxRhekEq32B1bIDB3ROxyd7Y

04/01/2017: From 36.0.B.2.146 kernel sources and Ramdisk from 36.0.B.2.146 firmware.
    https://mega.nz/#!VhwRQLqR!rOqEFWeOC3IQKl4aDw7P_v0U2wmZtBPXk_MSDJMEy9k
    Which are:

Hi !
    Thank you !

By deleting root, I assume you tried to delete the root app not root access itself.
    You have to go back to stock rom, install snapchat, log in, root your phone and never log out.