FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] GingerAspire - Rooted 2.3.1 for Acer Netbooks - MARKET WORKS! - Update 19/12/11

7,909 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,563

By Quinny899, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th November 2011, 08:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th January 2012, 07:30 AM |#101  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_black03

Does this happen to work on the D257?

If it came with android when you bought it, yes

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

22nd January 2012, 04:11 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
D260-A
Hi thanks for the uploaded files.

I have an E: but its is NTFS so I have changed it in win7 management console to exFAT. There is no option for FAT32 on win7 (due to 4gb file limitation).

I cannot label it Downloads for Android so have labelled it Android (11 character limitation)

Am now downloading the main files.

Will update
22nd January 2012, 09:24 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Right guys, here we go. I've had reports this works on netbooks with android removed, so it may work on any h2o BIOS one.

Download this zip: http://db.tt/l9CUU9HV
Extract it and place the files in C:\Program Files\Acer\Android Manager (Make the folder if you need to)
Partition a drive using some partition manager as E: and call it "Downloads for Android"
Download and extract my files from post 2 into E:
Open the exe in the files
Set it up, with it booting into Android
Reboot

on my d260-a i have tried the above but no success
i have e: in exfat and cant call e: "Downloads for Android"
i have tried folder in e: with that name also
no success.
will try to format to fat32 using http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/ind...?guiformat.htm

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainthalo

on my d260-a i have tried the above but no success
i have e: in exfat and cant call e: "Downloads for Android"
i have tried folder in e: with that name also
no success.
will try to format to fat32 using http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/ind...?guiformat.htm

okay now have e: in fat32
have the two img files in root e:
and in folder called Downloads for Android
have run the c: exe
just doesnt work but i think there is something wrong in setup as I interrupted win7 bootup and it once asked which os i wanted to load

anyone help or shall i buy a 4gb usb and stick chromium on!
2nd February 2012, 03:05 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Great Job on the Rom, looking smooth and the fact market works is amazing.

Have you had any luck enabling opengl? Thats the only major thing thats stopping this laptop from playing angry birds lol =)

Regards
2nd February 2012, 05:29 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks..gread modding..just wanna asking u how to add driver to enable my touch screen.my touch screen from visualtouchworld
thanks
3rd February 2012, 08:31 AM |#106  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 311

More
i have acer aspire one 138quu netbook. i flashed windows 7 , after that i dont get the nadroid option anywhere....theres no acer android manager which was present earlier ....can u tell me how to get that back so that i can use ur rom?
3rd February 2012, 08:47 AM |#107  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarrun

i have acer aspire one 138quu netbook. i flashed windows 7 , after that i dont get the nadroid option anywhere....theres no acer android manager which was present earlier ....can u tell me how to get that back so that i can use ur rom?

use my files earlier on

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium
3rd February 2012, 09:18 AM |#108  
Flag Mumbai

More
DIDNT GET U????? sorry...... i wanna know how can i get android back on my netbook....i have an e: with those android 2.1 files but i dont have android manager since i lost it when i flashed windows7

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

i mean how can i boot android since i dotn have the acer android manager software which i used to select whether to boot windows or android. i had it earlier when i boght my laptop but after i changed and upgraded my os to windows 7 ultimate from the stock acer windows 7 starter i lost the android management software.....so is there anyway to get it bck coz i want to use ur android 2.3
3rd February 2012, 09:38 AM |#109  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,874

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarrun

DIDNT GET U????? sorry...... i wanna know how can i get android back on my netbook....i have an e: with those android 2.1 files but i dont have android manager since i lost it when i flashed windows7

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

i mean how can i boot android since i dotn have the acer android manager software which i used to select whether to boot windows or android. i had it earlier when i boght my laptop but after i changed and upgraded my os to windows 7 ultimate from the stock acer windows 7 starter i lost the android management software.....so is there anyway to get it bck coz i want to use ur android 2.3

Android Manager is included in the download a few pages back.

Sent from my Volted Ice Revo using Tapatalk.
3rd February 2012, 02:19 PM |#110  
Flag Mumbai

More
ohhh ....thnx a tonnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....really thnx a lot...
4th February 2012, 06:03 AM |#111  
Flag Mumbai

More
i extracted the android manager files to c: and ater running the app m not getting any liveupdate tab...... i just get 4 steps setting wat to boot, gmailil account setup yahoo mail account setup and then a finish window. and after setting android to boot,even then theres no android bootup @start, so plz help me........do i need to do something from the bios ?

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

i even removed the earlier partition and made a newone again.....oly thing is i coudnt label it to"downloads for android" coz only 11characters r supported in labelling. and earlier there was no such folder in my e: ...the android android files were present directly in e:
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)