FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] GingerAspire - Rooted 2.3.1 for Acer Netbooks - MARKET WORKS! - Update 19/12/11

7,909 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,565

By Quinny899, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th November 2011, 08:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th March 2012, 08:24 PM |#181  
Flag SW Slopes, NSW
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis-ramos

in windows you could try to update your wifi drivers that might fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

That will make no difference

Quinny899 is right, the Windows WiFi drivers have nothing to do with it.

Funnily enough, I did manage to get the WiFi working. It was a matter of being patient and waiting for the network to appear. Once I could nail down the network, as it kept appearing and disappearing, I had to get in and log in quickly. I was able to logon and everytime I boot into Android it will connect to that network, provided it's in range. Quite odd but I got there.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigdan1985 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigdan1985 Ad-Free

2nd May 2012, 02:03 AM |#182  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Question
Can anyone tell me why only 250 MB of space on the Android partition is available to install actual apps??

Really kind of sucks that I can't easily increase it or use the SD card reader for more app space!
The total size of the hard drive is 250 GB so running out of space sucks...
2nd May 2012, 04:26 AM |#183  

More
Restored the original bootanimation.zip but now I'm getting com.google.partnersetup force closing at startup...?

Any way to get rid of that force close box at startup?
3rd May 2012, 05:02 PM |#184  

More
Exclamation
Bump for how to increase the size of the "Phone Only" Android partition on an Acer Aspire netbook.

Is re-partitioning something that would have to be done by manually editing the q2l/var disk images?

I have a D257 and run this rooted GingerAspire build.
4th May 2012, 07:04 PM |#185  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foganime

Bump for how to increase the size of the "Phone Only" Android partition on an Acer Aspire netbook.

Is re-partitioning something that would have to be done by manually editing the q2l/var disk images?

I have a D257 and run this rooted GingerAspire build.

You'd have to resize the .img files, yes
5th May 2012, 09:08 AM |#186  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

You'd have to resize the .img files, yes

I will try that with resize2fs and Ubuntu now.

Can you tell me how to fix the Google Market PartnerServices force close at Android startup? Also, the inability to permanently change my Android time zone is really annoying!

It's stuck in some weird GMT+0 home time zone, and of course the ability to change time zones is missing from Date & Time in Settings. I use the TimeZoneChanger to temporarily fix the problem, but the time zone settings change does not persist after shutdown.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

I tried to run resize2fs on q2l.img and var.img in Ubuntu, but I only get:

"Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open q2l.img.
Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock."

5th May 2012, 09:43 AM |#187  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foganime

I will try that with resize2fs and Ubuntu now.

Can you tell me how to fix the Google Market PartnerServices force close at Android startup? Also, the inability to permanently change my Android time zone is really annoying!

It's stuck in some weird GMT+0 home time zone, and of course the ability to change time zones is missing from Date & Time in Settings. I use the TimeZoneChanger to temporarily fix the problem, but the time zone settings change does not persist after shutdown.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

I tried to run resize2fs on q2l.img and var.img in Ubuntu, but I only get:

"Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open q2l.img.
Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock."

Q2L isn't a normal file, it has some weird format. And it may be stuck at that time zone because that is what I set it at (I was in GMT)

There's no way to fix the force close without removing gapps unfortunately

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium
22nd June 2012, 09:45 PM |#188  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Fantastic!

Thank you Quinny899. My D257 is happily running GingerAspire. WiFi works, the Market works, it reads the SD card slot and USB memory sticks quite happily, and auto time-setting means it shows the proper time where I am in Eastern Australia. All good

EDIT: However, unfortunately, I get a Force Close on the Gmail app, even after updates. Any suggestions. I have cleared data (there is no cache data to clear)?
The Following User Says Thank You to boblidd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boblidd Ad-Free
26th July 2012, 08:48 AM |#189  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc_hicks09

There was and I didn't even know it. I had to uninstall a virtual drive program so now I'm able to rename the partition to E:

Found another issue though. When I change the file system to fat32, I don't get enough characters to name the drive "Downloads for Android." It only lets me name the partition at a max of 11 characters. If I change the file system to anything else, it fits.

the naming of "downloads for android" is automatic
it must be D:
and fat32

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

make a partition about 4gb in size on your hdd
i use MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition

make sure it is D:

format it in fat32 no label

download the cyborg files from here

http://acerfans.ru/forum/topic_9906

remane them to cybrog.part01, cybrog.part02, cybrog.part03, cybrog.part04

extract

run AMSetup.exe

make a folder named C:/OEM

in it make another named PRELOAD

drop the CYBROG folder in it

move or copy out the ACER folder to your program folder

go to programs/acer/Android Manager/AndroidManager.exe
run as admin

and the rest as normal

i wiped my hdd and this was how i recovered the android partition
after that you can drop Quinny899 s files into that partition
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luis-ramos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luis-ramos Ad-Free
23rd January 2013, 07:10 PM |#190  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
anybody get this working on a scrach install of windows 8?
it works on an upgrade from win 7 but i cant get it to start from a scrach install

the only way it will work on windows 8 is to inatall win 7 then upgrade to win 8 while the android partition is active
after that DO NOT install the android stuff in the cygorg folder!! it messes with the boot secter and then no android and no windows8
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)