FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] GingerAspire - Rooted 2.3.1 for Acer Netbooks - MARKET WORKS! - Update 19/12/11

7,909 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,565

By Quinny899, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th November 2011, 08:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th November 2011, 10:51 PM |#21  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Salford, Greater Manchester, UK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gboulvin

I tried to reinstall them but it didn't change anything.

I'll try to put the original rom files again to see if apps are working (don't know if it helps but in the logcat, it says there is an error with java for any of the non-working apps)

To go back to Windows, just put a link (on your home screen) through "activities" from laucherpro widget to "confirm reboot" in the apps list. ;)

I already did that with Better Cut and a custom icon. Is the market working?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

19th November 2011, 11:04 PM |#22  
Wherever I am
Thanks Meter: 1,064

More
Just to avoid any problems, root explorer is a paid app and will be considered warez since you placed it in the rom.
19th November 2011, 11:29 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Hi, I've tried to install your Beta, unfortunately on my D257 it does not boot, remains stuck on the Acer Android boot screen forever, it only shows the mouse pointer blinking on the upper right corner.

But it seems to react somehow, if I press the touchpad buttons the pointer glow and then fade away, glowing at each touch...

I'll try to start over again...

BTW, through Windows I was'nt able to see files in the "Downloads for Android" drive, I've used a pendrive mounted Ubuntu boot to see and change them...
The Following User Says Thank You to rienkar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rienkar Ad-Free
20th November 2011, 02:07 AM |#24  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theonew

Just to avoid any problems, root explorer is a paid app and will be considered warez since you placed it in the rom.

The point is that it is in literally every rom, and is needed for it to function. Unless you know a free root explorer

Sent from my D255 using XDA App
20th November 2011, 02:08 AM |#25  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rienkar

Hi, I've tried to install your Beta, unfortunately on my D257 it does not boot, remains stuck on the Acer Android boot screen forever, it only shows the mouse pointer blinking on the upper right corner.

But it seems to react somehow, if I press the touchpad buttons the pointer glow and then fade away, glowing at each touch...

I'll try to start over again...

BTW, through Windows I was'nt able to see files in the "Downloads for Android" drive, I've used a pendrive mounted Ubuntu boot to see and change them...

If you have Ubuntu, it won't work, sorry

20th November 2011, 04:09 AM |#26  
Wherever I am

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

The point is that it is in literally every rom, and is needed for it to function. Unless you know a free root explorer

Actually, it isn't in almost any rom. I've seen some Devs put it in roms and members warned them to remove it (so they did). You could try this: https://market.android.com/details?i...ilexpert&hl=en.
20th November 2011, 08:03 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rienkar

Well, to see the files, you have to unhide them by showing hidden files. Go to a windows files explorer, in the first menu (organise?) click folder options then display then "show hidden files, folders..."

About root explorer, I think that you cannot include it in your rom too
20th November 2011, 08:25 AM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Actually, it isn't in almost any rom. I've seen some Devs put it in roms and members warned them to remove it (so they did). You could try this: https://market.android.com/details?i...ilexpert&hl=en.

I'll include that and Root Browser (pro), as jrummy is saying that ROM developers can use it in the next version then

20th November 2011, 10:12 AM |#29  

Donate to Me
More
I can confirm that the new market is working on it. For those who are update-mad like me,
Here is the download link
It's not my upload btw

20th November 2011, 02:01 PM |#30  
Wherever I am

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

I can confirm that the new market is working on it. For those who are update-mad like me,
Here is the download link
It's not my upload btw

Does it install like a regular apk? (for other devices you have put it in system/app and change the permissions).
20th November 2011, 04:34 PM |#31  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Does it install like a regular apk? (for other devices you have put it in system/app and change the permissions).

It installs fine both on the netbook and on my Desire HD

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)