Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonix232

EDIT2:
Got a few more mins for now, so I gotta ask you:
which File Browser do you want? The Samsung one does not see the external SD/USB mounts, the Asus one won't work (deeply relies on Asus framework-specific functions), so I need suggestions. It should be free, preferably open-source, and published outside of Android Market too (as an APK).

I would suggest either File Manager HD or ES. Two great file manager and ES has other Cool features, such as MD5 check sum on the fly and pretty awesome network feature: Dropbox, NAS that I use all the time !
But these are both on the market... sooo

17th January 2012, 05:28 PM |#22  
Flag Wirral
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Nice one, about file managers, i like the interface of open manager (type in market) we could could email the dev to create custom shortcuts for usb if not then you just go parent folder and go to removable

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
17th January 2012, 05:32 PM |#23  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Smile
try this made for honeycomb File Manager HD (Honeycomb)
being using for 6 months works fine
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm.hd

can also create bookmarks of files eg. Removable
17th January 2012, 07:31 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 522

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreinf

Hi all,

very noob when talking about Tablets, but donĀ“t mind my asking, why should i use TouchWiz?

Advantages?

Thanks

Basically, adds a better theme, Samsung apps, better status area (combined notifications and settings), some cool features such as Motion Activation (zooming and panning made possible with sensors, such as zooming: press two fingers onscreen, and tilt towards/backwards the device), MiniApps (six overlay apps, what are like widgets, but everywhere: music control, calculator, world clock, calendar, task manager, and pen memo). Also even though we have a sleep problem, my battery lasts a lot longer - I was on the web all the day, and it barely lost 40%. With stock ROM, same usage (Trillian, web browser, continuous sync of Gmail, some games maybe), I lose approx. 60% (in around 10 hours, a bit less).

Thanks for the Task Manager suggestions. I myself would gladly put ES Task Manager into the ROM, but it's look doesn't really fit the whole Samsung look :S But so far that's the best one out of all. If anyone can provide me the latest APK, I'll push it into 1.3, alongside with a reworked ICS GApps (the Gingerbread one didn't turn out good).
The Following User Says Thank You to fonix232 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fonix232 Ad-Free
17th January 2012, 07:38 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Just have to say this looks great! Thank you for finally bringing a different ROM, I already got tired of the stock look of my TF...

Greetings
17th January 2012, 07:59 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 532

More
Thanks for the explanation fonix232, i will try 1.3 ....
17th January 2012, 09:22 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Uploading v1.3...
Further info:
- Fixed MTP partially
- Changed to ICS GApps instead of GB ones (more stable, won't crash on login)
Although, this makes some more problems: GMail sometimes WILL crash (when a new message arrives, and the popup goes off), so let it sync before opening (and preferably, reboot). Also, no sync for the following: Contacts, Calendar. On first start, Market may report "Server Error", I had no luck figuring it out why. Might replace with older Market, you'll have to live with it for now.

You'll NEED to wipe due to the changes done to framework in order to get MTP. Although I couldn't get any partition to mount, atleast now it's shown as Asus MTP device, and indicates some activity before shutting down totally.
The Following User Says Thank You to fonix232 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fonix232 Ad-Free
17th January 2012, 09:52 PM |#28  
Flag Wirral
Thanks Meter: 70

More
i actually really support this as i would like hardware accelerated XviD
anyway is their anyway i could help in the process? im not a noob, i do know android, just more experienced in gingerbread and previous.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

would we need to you use our own camera libraries as the p7510 has 3mp camera? or is that just in the kernel?
if ICS gets on that device then we would have a head start on our device.
17th January 2012, 09:52 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pashinator

i actually really support this as i would like hardware accelerated XviD
anyway is their anyway i could help in the process? im not a noob, i do know android, just more experienced in gingerbread and previous.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

would we need to you use our own camera libraries as the p7510 has 3mp camera? or is that just in the kernel?
if ICS gets on that device then we would have a head start on our device.

You might try fixing GPS and Audio. Currently that two are the biggest problems.

About camera, I've already added the camera libraries, it's some framework parameter mismatch!
17th January 2012, 10:29 PM |#30  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 695

More
thanks a lot for your work ! downloading now 1.3., but just to be sure,i'm coming from arhd will i need a full wipe ?
17th January 2012, 10:41 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kptnk

thanks a lot for your work ! downloading now 1.3., but just to be sure,i'm coming from arhd will i need a full wipe ?

Yes, definitely. Even between updates you need to wipe, not that you're coming from an Asus ROM...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)